TForce | New Union

Peak Season Gentlemen...........

October 1st to Dec 31st UPS can "run amuck" and use gypos to run these through loads, as long as its over 500 miles one way.

UPS has gypos running between Helena and Portland Ore, and the bid drivers are pulling MT's back and forth to satisfy the labor agreement. None of it makes any sence to any of us but this company has always been real good at stepping over a 5 dollar bill to pick up a quarter! And as I learned many years ago when I came here:

"We make money in spite of ourself"!:duh:

UPS will keep everybody working so no layoffs, but watch our work going down the road behind a gypo or Swift while we bounce along with MT's.

In Jan. UPS still trys to use some o/o's. If a UPSer gets the licence plate or trailer number, they can file a grievence and get paid the time the trailer is moving. It happens every year.

Why can't they use the old Overnite Special Service division truckload units?

Now that UPS owns the LTL freight division,as well as the truckload division,than why don't they use what they already own,instead of framing this work out to independents?

Now that UPS owns the LTL freight division,as well as the truckload division,than why don't they use what they already own,instead of framing this work out to independents?

I think that would create more discention between union/non-union employees

Apo,This is what I was wondering. I don't know why the union nonunion thing would be a problem, because all the contractors are nonunion carriers.

October 1st to Dec 31st UPS can "run amuck" and use gypos to run these through loads, as long as its over 500 miles one way.

UPS has gypos running between Helena and Portland Ore, and the bid drivers are pulling MT's back and forth to satisfy the labor agreement. None of it makes any sence to any of us but this company has always been real good at stepping over a 5 dollar bill to pick up a quarter! And as I learned many years ago when I came here:

UPS will keep everybody working so no layoffs, but watch our work going down the road behind a gypo or Swift while we bounce along with MT's.
Saddletramp,
I don't understand the reasoning behind this
at all!! I definitely agree with:duh: .

tailing west out of Denver past Grand JunctiNo joke....I seen a team UPS tractor bob-on, so they were not going to have anywhere to pick up trailers anytime soon, and right behind them was gypos pulling trailers.....I looked at that and felt sooooooo at home.... UPS gone wild......

No joke....I seen a UPS team tractor
bobtailing west out of Denver past Grand Junction, so they were not going to have anywhere to pick up trailers anytime soon, and right behind them was gypos pulling trailers.....I looked at that and felt sooooooo at home.... UPS gone wild......

Read Saddletramps post that I used and then look at the original and tell me how I did that....Wow truckers on the computer is scary thing......