TForce | New Union

Krash,
I think that all of the apwa stooges are plants....not drivers or package handlers at all. If not, then they're at the very least incredibly gullible to follow a few anti-Union, non dues paying clowns who use a Union busting lawfirm to attempt to start a new Union......hell, they won't even support the one who's given them and their families the good life they now know. What a disgrace to the entire Union movement they are.

It's amazing how these pro-APWA posters all sound the same.
If we have one union for both carriers, then we have strength. UPS know we will stand with yall, and yall with us in the time came. Please understand that APWA is out to bust the union at UPS.........period. But go right ahead and sign up with them. But I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on a contract.

I will have to agree with you krash I believe it is all about giving UPSers a choice.

stldude44

Krash,
I think that all of the apwa stooges are plants....not drivers or package handlers at all. If not, then they're at the very least incredibly gullible to follow a few anti-Union, non dues paying clowns who use a Union busting lawfirm to attempt to start a new Union......hell, they won't even support the one who's given them and their families the good life they now know. What a disgrace to the entire Union movement they are.
but i would have to say we do have misguided employees at upsf that believe in apwa, ohhhh just the thought makes me sick.

every time I try to post a reply...the board logs me off. No i don't want in on the master freight contract. No i am not a plant. I work for UPSF as a driver. No, I don't want 200,000 Brown drivers making decisions for me on how they think I ought to do my job. No, I don't think that the pension from central states is secure. I have more hopes of collecting social security. I will not nor have i ever crossed a union picket line....except at overnite terminals. You guys are taking me the wrong way. If it weren't for the teamsters union,I would not have it as good as I do now. I just don't believe in Jimmy Hoffa Jr. I don't think he will ever be ousted. I don't believe TDU has a chance of ever coming to power. I do think it is a BIG MISTAKE to work for UPS without union representation. If my time with UPS ever comes to an end, I will be hard pressed to work a non-union job,wherever I may work.To much political games to deal with and I am getting t old to be a politician !

Mr. Breeze,
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. I personally don't like Hoffa all that much but really don't like TDU. We had almost a decade of them being in power and it wasn't a good thing at all. Hoffa isn't the issue here though. Would you rather roll the dice with a group started by 2 guys who aren't even remotely Union men? Who hire a Unionbusting law firm to help them? Or, would you rather go with over 100 years of experience in dealing with the day to day business of a real Union? Wouldn't that be like taking your car to a guy who has never worked on one car when there's a real mechanic right next door? Also, 200,000 UPS Brownies have no say at all in the upcoming UPSF Contract with the Teamsters.....it's an entirely different division. I think that the apwa is trying to sell pipedreams they'll never be able to deliver on. I've been around this for almost 30 years....long enough to know substance from sludge.

Ok Teamster 251 you've got me.
You've clipped my wings.
I guess I'll take a break from the UPS Freight forum for a while,like a lot of other old UPS freight posters that just read,and not post.
Its been real.
Enjoy your self T251,I know when I've been licked.
I have more fun on the Big Thread,and the watering hole.
The posters on those forums are a lot more friendly.
Maybe after these contract talks have something tangable I'll come back to post some more?
Bye,bye!!!!!!!!

Apo, he wouldn't be posting here if he did not have our best interests in mind. He doesn't have to waste his time giving information or correcting information that is false. The Teamsters have given him a good living (along with the rest of the Teamsters posting here,NMFA ect..) they realize this, and take offense to negative comments towards this organization. There are some that will take what the Teamsters negotiated for them and turn around and bad mouth them. I would do the same if I were in there shoes, so shake it off and come on back. I've been put in my place a few times here too, It's all apart of the learning process. (And you are not to old to learn).

There are some that will take what the Teamsters negotiated for them and turn around and bad mouth them. I would do the same if I were in there shoes,

This does not come out right since editing, It should read:

here are some that will take what the Teamsters negotiated for them and turn around and bad mouth them, (I've read this on another web site) I would do the same if I were in there shoes, be offended that is.

Mr. Breeze,
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. I personally don't like Hoffa all that much but really don't like TDU. We had almost a decade of them being in power and it wasn't a good thing at all. Hoffa isn't the issue here though. Would you rather roll the dice with a group started by 2 guys who aren't even remotely Union men? Who hire a Unionbusting law firm to help them? Or, would you rather go with over 100 years of experience in dealing with the day to day business of a real Union? Wouldn't that be like taking your car to a guy who has never worked on one car when there's a real mechanic right next door? Also, 200,000 UPS Brownies have no say at all in the upcoming UPSF Contract with the Teamsters.....it's an entirely different division. I think that the apwa is trying to sell pipedreams they'll never be able to deliver on. I've been around this for almost 30 years....long enough to know substance from sludge.

There is absolutely no substance in the APWA, and in order for the TDU too work there must be supporter's, Unfortunatly there is only a few. But that is a more practical approach to winning over hoffa then the APWA.

Funny, being a member of the New England fund, I received the annual financial reports just last week.
Amazing they are the complete opposite that you say they are. Are you sure your reading the information for the right year? This is 2006.
NETTIPF is one of the healthier in the country.

Sorry nospin maybe you should stick your head back in the hole, taking it out, the sun would only further blind you.
T-251 I've always liked your answers to drivers views on union or nonunion, because you were kind of good at explaining things from both sides. I've really changed my opinion after reading some of your past quotes!! Your teamster side is really starting to come out now with all of the defensiveness and rude comments against those who don't agree with you. Thanks for showing me which way to go now!!

Could someone tell me what % of union dues go to executive expense account, and what this $ is used for?? A ups driver told me about this account, I thought it was crazy!!

T-251 I've always liked your answers to drivers views on union or nonunion, because you were kind of good at explaining things from both sides. I've really changed my opinion after reading some of your past quotes!! Your teamster side is really starting to come out now with all of the defensiveness and rude comments against those who don't agree with you. Thanks for showing me which way to go now!!

You're going to let someones quote's on a message board influence your decision?

Make a decision on how it will benefit you and your co-workers, not whether or not someone on a forum comes off as rude. (in your opinion)

Could someone tell me what % of union dues go to executive expense account, and what this $ is used for?? A ups driver told me about this account, I thought it was crazy!!

I've been a Teamster for 20 years bulldog and I've never heard of it. I think someone was pulling your leg.

My Teamster side is starting to come out.....

What kind of prejudist statement is that?

You assume all Teamster are rude and defensive. I suppose you think they are all muscle bound and sleep with a bat under thier pillow too. Maybe a handle bar mustache and a stogie to boot.

I said it here many times before, If my posting my thoughts are changing peoples minds, maybe I'm in the wrong business. (Polictics maybe?)

If you are so thinned skinned that my corrections to falsehoods are going to make you run the other way then keep going, the union doesn't need peolpe like that.

If I've been rude to anyone, there are plenty of adminitors that read my post and would let me know. I've been posting on the truckingboards (original) since the fist week they started in 2002. My posting haven't changed of late so I've probally offened the the whole free world by now.

Many of you have used me as an excuse to vote against the union becuase I'm the typical Union badboy and you can't find any other reason to logically go against the unoin except the falsehoods and crap that went on thirty or forty years ago.
Truth is not many of you personally know me and sit there and judge me base on my views against yours.
You know not what I'm about.
You know not what I'm like.
You know not what I'm truely expressing.

I do voice my opinion and I feel I do it very tactfully and with as little personal damage to one's self esteem as posssible.
I strongly believe in the union as well as freedom of choice and and speech.

I don't bash anyone personally (i've read the rules)
I don't push falsehoods or lie.
I deal with the present not the past.

I've said it many times, nothing is perfect, if you don't believe me just look in a microscope.

T 251

As far as this goes, this is another one of those flasehoods or crap someone made up to spin a negative toward the union and it officals.

Union dues are paid to the local you belong to.
Union dues help run the local and pay its officers and lower echoleon help and maintain the offices they reside in.
A portion of the local dues goes to the international to help it run etc.

I'm sure somewhere in the mix there is are accounts that are used for executive expensises. Seems like a pretty normal business practice to me.
Do you question what UPSF does with its profits made from its help and is spent on power lunches and meetings by it execs?

Profits are the same as dues, they are gaining capitol used by the gainers.

If you are trying to spin this exec account in to a consipisary theory of robbing the membership, you are preaching to the wrong crowd pal.

And I bet you a bucket of nickels that UPS driver has never been to a monthly union meeting and is grossly un-informed

T251

Hey Teamster 251 you seem to be one of the most informed about the union on these truckingboards.
I heard a rumor that J.Hoffa jr.,was formaly a lawyer for UPS before he became the president of the Teamsters union.
Is this a true?
or just one more urban legend?

If this is true I can see very clearly that UPS's CEO,and J.Hoffa may have worked out a deal to tie all of UPS Freight workers hands in any organizing untill UPS is good and ready for us to become more of a closer division of their intire company.

At this point the way things have worked out,no other terminal can organize any union if they wanted to.

With Indy the only organized terminal,and contract talks that are just like the Durecell battery bunny who keeps going,and going,and,going,and.....................
I know you get the picture.
I only ask T251,that you won't be so hateful when you respond to my posts,ok my truckingboard friend?

Hey Teamster 251 you seem to be one of the most informed about the union on these truckingboards.
I heard a rumor that J.Hoffa jr.,was formaly a lawyer for UPS before he became the president of the Teamsters union.
Is this a true?

If this is true I can see very clearly that UPS's CEO,and J.Hoffa may have worked out a deal to tie all of UPS Freight workers hands in any organizing untill UPS is good and ready for us to become more of a closer division of their intire company.

At this point the way things have worked out,no other terminal can organize any union if they wanted to.

With Indy the only organized terminal,and contract talks that are just like the Durecell battery bunny who keeps going,and going,and,going,and.....................
I only ask T251,that you won't be so hateful when you respond to my posts,ok my truckingboard friend?

Apo I usally deal in fact not rumors

But here it is.

James P. Hoffa, Jr - Demopedia.

As the article states he's worked for the union since 1963, as a lawyer, and been a member since 1959

Is this a true?

Apo I usaully deal in facts not rumors so here it is

Hoffa worked a lawyer for the union from 1963-1993 and has been a member for 47 years

James P. Hoffa, Jr - Demopedia.

Is this a true?

Apo I only deal in facts

Biography of General President Hoffa

James P. Hoffa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this a true?

As far as you conspirascy theory, maybe you should retire and write for network TV.

Would you rather the contract be rushed and thrusted it in front of you or have them take their time, get it right and communicate what its all about?

Hateful is a harsh word and I don't get where you come off using it against me. I've never said anyhting to you directly tha tis hateful or demeaning or belittling in any way.

One more thing, any terminal, at any time can legally choose to organize with any other union it so desires to, at anytime. Nothing is stopping them but theirselves.

Beware though, ask any NEMF driver how they like the machinist union.