TForce | New Union

As far as you conspirascy theory, maybe you should retire and write for network TV.

Would you rather the contract be rushed and thrusted it in front of you or have them take their time, get it right and communicate what its all about?

Hateful is a harsh word and I don't get where you come off using it against me. I've never said anyhting to you directly tha tis hateful or demeaning or belittling in any way.

One more thing, any terminal, at any time can legally choose to organize with any other union it so desires to, at anytime. Nothing is stopping them but theirselves.

Beware though, ask any NEMF driver how they like the machinist union.

You ain't kiddin there, wonder why they don't change their representation, The ones I run into locally are always stating they wish we would have bought them so they could make a decent buck.

As far as this goes, this is another one of those flasehoods or crap someone made up to spin a negative toward the union and it officals.

Union dues are paid to the local you belong to.
Union dues help run the local and pay its officers and lower echoleon help and maintain the offices they reside in.
A portion of the local dues goes to the international to help it run etc.

I'm sure somewhere in the mix there is are accounts that are used for executive expensises. Seems like a pretty normal business practice to me.
Do you question what UPSF does with its profits made from its help and is spent on power lunches and meetings by it execs?

Profits are the same as dues, they are gaining capitol used by the gainers.

If you are trying to spin this exec account in to a consipisary theory of robbing the membership, you are preaching to the wrong crowd pal.

And I bet you a bucket of nickels that UPS driver has never been to a monthly union meeting and is grossly un-informed

T251

Teamster251,this isn't directed to you...just adding to it,if ya don't mind.

When joining a union you are basically hiring them to do a job for you.
You are hiring them to get you better wages and working conditions...etc.
As long as they are accomplishing what they are hired to do,it is really irrelevent where the money goes.

When you hire someone to fix your car,you pay them and go away....you don't normally ask what they going to do with the profits they make from fixing cars.

The difference is:
When you hire someone to fix your car, you choose who fixes it...and you can fire them just the same.

The choice of unions are chosen by 51% of your co-workers...whether you agree or not.

While you may not want to be union,as long as they're doing the job the majority hired them to do is really all that matters.

Ok I stand corrected Teamster251.
Thanks for clearing up this myth about your union boss,Mr.J.Hoffa jr.
These two web links you've provided goes to show you just can't believe everything you hear.

These truckingboards are a very valuable source of information given the knowledge of so many informed posters on any given subject on the working of our industry.

So I give you my thanks again T251.

Ok I stand corrected Teamster251.
Thanks for clearing up this myth about your union boss,Mr.J.Hoffa jr.
These two web links you've provided goes to show you just can't believe everything you hear.

These truckingboards are a very valuable source of information given the knowledge of so many informed posters on any given subject on the working of our industry.

So I give you my thanks again T251.

Apo,
Hoffa isnt a "union boss"
He is the duely elected President of the International Brotherhood of Teamster's. The members have chosen him to "represent" us. Your refrence sound's like stereotyping and could possibly lead some to believe he "rules" over us like some sorta "mafia boss". To the best of my knowledge, there not elected nor do they represent members.

Oh for crying out loud you people are reading too much into my posts.
OK I'm sorry I called him the Teamsters union boss.
I know I was in the Teamsters way back in the ancient days of trucking being that J.Hoffa senior was the head of the Teamsters in my early years of membership.
I also know thats a long time ago.
But we referred to Mr.James Hoffa Sr. as the Teamsters union boss.

So thank you for bringing me up to speed in these new modern times.
I'll drop the boss off.
Its an old term for showing respect to the best Teamster Leader the union ever had.

As far as this goes, this is another one of those flasehoods or crap someone made up to spin a negative toward the union and it officals.

Union dues help run the local and pay its officers and lower echoleon help and maintain the offices they reside in.

I'm sure somewhere in the mix there is are accounts that are used for executive expensises. Seems like a pretty normal business practice to me.
Do you question what UPSF does with its profits made from its help and is spent on power lunches and meetings by it execs?

If you are trying to spin this exec account in to a consipisary theory of robbing the membership, you are preaching to the wrong crowd pal.

And I bet you a bucket of nickels that UPS driver has never been to a monthly union meeting and is grossly un-informed

T251
T251 I'm not trying to start any conspiracy! I'm going by what one of your ups,ibt fraternal brothers told me!!! It really makes me wonder when I hear so much negative things from your own ups drivers. Honestly I've heard more negative than positive from them. I must admit you do make a good cheerleader for the ibt!! I'm sure your picture is on all of the IBT WANTS YOU posters! Also T251 as for judging you, I don't judge people, we'll all be judged when our time comes. I'm sure you're a good person, I just don't agree with everything you say, and you don't have to knock those who disagree with you. So if this makes me thin skinned I guess I am. We'll have too agree to disagree I guess! HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :ShakeHandsNah:

T251
T251 I'm not trying to start any conspiracy! I'm going by what one of your ups,ibt fraternal brothers told me!!! It really makes me wonder when I hear so many negative things from your own ups drivers. Honestly I've heard more negative than positive from them. I must admit you do make a good cheerleader for the ibt!! I'm sure your picture is on all of the IBT WANTS YOU posters! Also T251 as for judging you, I don't judge people. We'll all be judged when our time comes. I'm sure you're a good person, I just don't agree with everything you say, and you don't have to knock those who disagree with you. So if this makes me thin skinned I guess I am. We'll have too agree to disagree I guess! HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :ShakeHandsNah:

May I add to this the issue of alot of UPSfolks being so negative bout thier jobs and the Teamsters..............

Most of them have never worked another Union driving job other that the one they have at UPS. They donot know what its is like to wait by a phone for a dispatch or having to lay over on thier turns during the week. In fact I find that most of my fellow drivers, be it delivery or feeder do not have a clue what it would be like to have to work anywhere else underany other circumstances than what they have at UPS.

So complaining about their work conditions and also how the union doesnt do anything for them comes natural. Would most of them do anything to change it??; no, cause its easier to b-itch bout it than do anything bout it.

How do I know? I have sat on a E-board for a local since the middle 90's and hardly ever see one of our 650 UPS people come to a union meeting nor get involved with the process of unionism. But let some group like TDU or apwad come along and these "members" are all over it like a fly on cowcrap about how the Teamsters are no good and these new dudes are the way of the future. Trust me it wouldnt take long for some of them to find things to complain bout them before too long.
Coming from freight to UPS in the 80's has given me some time to watch these people. If you want to know how some real Teamsters feel bout their union go talk with some freight or constuction folks, and hear what unionism is really all about.

exactly the ups drivers have their's and don't care about you....let them work at upsfreight for a week and maybe they will see where we are coming from. most ups drivers biggest stress is picking out the color on their new power stoke to pull there new boat...keep the faith

May I add to this the issue of alot of UPSfolks being so negative bout thier jobs and the Teamsters..............

Most of them have never worked another Union driving job other that the one they have at UPS. They donot know what its is like to wait by a phone for a dispatch or having to lay over on thier turns during the week. In fact I find that most of my fellow drivers, be it delivery or feeder do not have a clue what it would be like to have to work anywhere else underany other circumstances than what they have at UPS.

So complaining about their work conditions and also how the union doesnt do anything for them comes natural. Would most of them do anything to change it??; no, cause its easier to b-itch bout it than do anything bout it.

How do I know? I have sat on a E-board for a local since the middle 90's and hardly ever see one of our 650 UPS people come to a union meeting nor get involved with the process of unionism. But let some group like TDU or apwad come along and these "members" are all over it like a fly on cowcrap about how the Teamsters are no good and these new dudes are the way of the future. Trust me it wouldnt take long for some of them to find things to complain bout them before too long.
Coming from freight to UPS in the 80's has given me some time to watch these people. If you want to know how some real Teamsters feel bout their union go talk with some freight or constuction folks, and hear what unionism is really all about.

Well said Brother, well said

exactly the ups drivers have their's and don't care about you....let them work at upsfreight for a week and maybe they will see where we are coming from. most ups drivers biggest stress is picking out the color on their new power stoke to pull there new boat...keep the faith

WebIdiot, I don't think you got SaddleTramps point.

It not about physical work it's about the union attitude.

Most UPSer don't know what it's like to be union even though most have been union their whole carreer. They worked for Brown and that's all. They never worked freight and sat through the slow periods at home of chased unemployeemnt two weeks at a time four months in arow. They never called the hall looking for work and spent three day a week at three different companies. They never had to worry about their bennies expiring because they can't seem to get enough hours that month or quarter.

I barely seee any UPSer at meetings blood drives, food drives, Steak frys (fund raiser BBQs) or supporting strike lines at other companies.

Most UPSers come in, go home and biitch about the union not doing anything becuase they aren't involved enough to see it.

I, like SaddleTramp, have been employed at other union companies, nine to be exact. Three long term, the others were fill ins to make my bennies and feed my family.

I've peddled freight, worked flat beds, drove mixers, pounded the dock and delivered packages. Its all work, hard work and they all are done differerntly but with one goal in mind, providing for yourself and/or your family.

Some of you interested in becoming union should start attending meetings to see what the union is and can really be about.
We have several UPSF/Overnite guys in our area that attend and are welcomed every month.

Get involved, it doesn't take much, and for the most part you'll enjoy yourself.

T251:cool:

Gee T251 you almost sound like me.
You must be older than I thought if you've done all of that other work.
I started non-union trucking in 1963,got a Teamsters card in 1966,had to take a withdrawl in 1986 for lack of being able to get anymore fultime union work.
Than hired on with Overnite.
I know very well what its like to wake up with a list of trucking companies.
Calling for any work they could use me.
That life gets old real fast.
Even though I had to give up my union card.
I was very greatful to Overnite for putting me on fultime right off.
Theres a good feeling when you know your going to be driving into the same employees parking lot every day.

Saddletramp, I have too agree with T251 this was well put!! It does make alot of sense! I'm sure alot of the upsers havn't had other driving jobs, such as hauling freight, and they know no different.
By the way my wife's grandma lives just north of Spokane. We visited her a couple of years ago! What a beautiful area!! I can't wait to visit again. Possibly this summer! If so we'll have to meet for coffee! (I'll even buy!!) :) oops, Sorry about getting off the subject!

WebIdiot, I don't think you got SaddleTramps point.

It not about physical work it's about the union attitude.

Most UPSer don't know what it's like to be union even though most have been union their whole carreer. They worked for Brown and that's all. They never worked freight and sat through the slow periods at home of chased unemployeemnt two weeks at a time four months in arow. They never called the hall looking for work and spent three day a week at three different companies. They never had to worry about their bennies expiring because they can't seem to get enough hours that month or quarter.

I barely seee any UPSer at meetings blood drives, food drives, Steak frys (fund raiser BBQs) or supporting strike lines at other companies.

Most UPSers come in, go home and biitch about the union not doing anything becuase they aren't involved enough to see it.

I, like SaddleTramp, have been employed at other union companies, nine to be exact. Three long term, the others were fill ins to make my bennies and feed my family.

I've peddled freight, worked flat beds, drove mixers, pounded the dock and delivered packages. Its all work, hard work and they all are done differerntly but with one goal in mind, providing for yourself and/or your family.

Some of you interested in becoming union should start attending meetings to see what the union is and can really be about.
We have several UPSF/Overnite guys in our area that attend and are welcomed every month.

Get involved, it doesn't take much, and for the most part you'll enjoy yourself.

T251:cool:
I appreciate your opinion here T251. Now this is the way you always used to reply to quotes. Lately you have been getting defensive, and knocking people who don't agree with you! Keep this up and I'll have to join your fan club again!!

saddletramp,
I have a question for you or another UPSer who may know. Why does UPS have all of these outside carriers and contractors pulling your loads, instead of keeping it in the company and letting UPSF help out? Does it have to do with outside contracts or something of that sort? I thought it might be a union - nonunion thing, but these carriers are all nonunion.

saddletramp,
I have a question for you or another UPSer who may know. Why does UPS have all of these outside carriers and contractors pulling your loads, instead of keeping it in the company and letting UPSF help out? Does it have to do with outside contracts or something of that sort? I thought it might be a union - nonunion thing, but these carriers are all nonunion.

They do this every year at this time. In the parcel contract (if I'm, not mistaken) they can only do it for 30 days or they have to put a Premium Service Driver on the run.

The employer may use subcontractors for new custom contracts for reasonable start-up periods. In no event shall such start up period exceed thirty (30) days.

Parcel guys correct me if I'm wrong.

saddletramp,

Father brown must want to screw us out of making the xtra dough for hauling it too:smilie_132: