FedEx Freight | New Volvo, any centers got one yet?

tread

TB Lurker
Credits
Has any SC or hub received this new model yet?

YRC has many rolling in the midwest.

hWePmN3.jpg

I look forward to working on the new one's. the new Paccar's built from Oct will have VECU's on top of the CECU's and a somewhat different electrical architecture (though drivers may not see much difference). also been studying the new IH's diagrams looks like fun. I cant wait until we get rid of all these old M2 beaters. still haven't seen anything new yet though....

Unfortunately the powers that be are in love with the new LT’s, you can expect to see some at your center soon....

I heard our new CEO say that we ordered the Internatrashinals because of how much drivers love them!

Back by popular demand!

That's code for, "I made some promises on my way to the top, so it's time to pay up".

I recommend giving the LT a chance, guys. Despite not looking much more than superficially different from the ProStar they are much nicer trucks.

TFI deployed a whole bunch of them to the TL carriers they own, Highland just got theirs in last month. Company drivers say they're way better than the old ProStars. I've not driven one, but I did check one out, and I could definitely see the difference.

Don't knock it till you try it. The LT has won awards for quality that usually go to PACCAR.

Unfortunately the powers that be are in love with the new LT’s, you can expect to see some at your center soon....
I recommend giving the LT a chance, guys. Despite not looking much more than superficially different from the ProStar they are much nicer trucks.

TFI deployed a whole bunch of them to the TL carriers they own, Highland just got theirs in last month. Company drivers say they're way better than the old ProStars. I've not driven one, but I did check one out, and I could definitely see the difference.

Don't knock it till you try it. The LT has won awards for quality that usually go to PACCAR.

Either there has been a changing of the guard in fleet maint/acquisitions or CF is right. I lean toward CF being right (again).

A few years back, at the spec review, we we told of the significantly cheaper purchase price of International trucks (in general). BUT we were also told that (at the time) we would't by them due to the high maint costs/low reliability factors, and dealing with international being a nightmare in comparison. The expert on procurement was adamant on this topic.

We have to believe real improvements have been made, unless there have been a drastic changes in the bean counting dept.

I actually drive a tag-axle Prostar and I really like it. Other than the rear axle being dead and no blindspot window in the passenger door, I really like the truck. Rides great, visibility is excellent, and I like how the interior/dash is laid out...and it’s got a clutch and shifter!! :1036316054:

Dead axle sucks in inclement weather!! :17113:

If it was a real twin screw it would be the shizzle!!

the fact that we have had in-frames done at Cummins on 3 or 4 of our city kitty M2's is scary. I wonder if they are still buying city tractors?

Either there has been a changing of the guard in fleet maint/acquisitions or CF is right. I lean toward CF being right (again).

A few years back, at the spec review, we we told of the significantly cheaper purchase price of International trucks (in general). BUT we were also told that (at the time) we would't by them due to the high maint costs/low reliability factors, and dealing with international being a nightmare in comparison. The expert on procurement was adamant on this topic.

We have to believe real improvements have been made, unless there have been a drastic changes in the bean counting dept.
Actually, Cummins now allows us to do warranty work in house and they pay for the parts and labor, that’s the major reason for the renewed interest in the International’s as well as the Paccar’s...and it’s also the reason we’re not buying anymore Volvo’s than we are, they only want to provide us with the Volvo drivetrain and they won’t give us access to the software. From what we’re being told, if there’s a problem with a Volvo the info has to be sent to HRO, then to Sweden, then back to HRO, then back to the local shop...frustrating to say the least.

Actually, Cummins now allows us to do warranty work in house and they pay for the parts and labor, that’s the major reason for the renewed interest in the International’s as well as the Paccar’s...and it’s also the reason we’re not buying anymore Volvo’s than we are, they only want to provide us with the Volvo drivetrain and they won’t give us access to the software. From what we’re being told, if there’s a problem with a Volvo the info has to be sent to HRO, then to Sweden, then back to HRO, then back to the local shop...frustrating to say the least.

It's my understanding that WAS the case a while back with VOLVO, which explains why they pretty much stopped buying them. Then Volvo relented, and we started buying them again, equipped with the Cummings X15 . Are you saying that the Volvo only drive train is the only option, again?

From a driver standpoint, nothing better than popping the hood and seeing a green engine. That or a clutch peddle.