XPO | New Wage Implement

KIKBXR

Multi-Diverse Transport Operator
Credits
Just returned to XPO/Conway after originally left in 92 for better opportunity back then. This new wage increase , but not across the board even to the new hires is a bigg joke. Hou location has lost new drivers in the past and about to lose more drivers. Waste of time. They are hurting for new drivers ,bad.

Just returned to XPO/Conway after originally left in 92 for better opportunity back then. This new wage increase , but not across the board even to the new hires is a bigg joke. Hou location has lost new drivers in the past and about to lose more drivers. Waste of time. They are hurting for new drivers ,bad.
It's all around - not just your area. Multiple times XPO leadership has stated they will be competitive with wages yet they want to compete to be the top in LTL , Last Mile , Cartage , Logistics , etc.

In most cases , if you want your company to be competitive and take the top spots , you have to compensate the workforce that will get you there.

Top spots = Top pay

XPO = #4 - 6

This is not the first time the raise was given only to the top pay. Last year was only the top2 tiers and the year before that was the top only. That's OK they want to pay bottom of the barrel wage then they get the bottom of the barrel work out of me.
On drive told me if they think 51 million was high in damages just wait till this years over

This is not the first time the raise was given only to the top pay. Last year was only the top2 tiers and the year before that was the top only. That's OK they want to pay bottom of the barrel wage then they get the bottom of the barrel work out of me.
On drive told me if they think 51 million was high in damages just wait till this years over
The driver that told you that should get fired. Damages equals lost revenue in claims paid and lost customers. I don’t care how unhappy you are at a job, that’s just unacceptable in my opinion. If I saw a driver (or dockworker) damage freight on purpose, I’d have some words with him or her.

The driver that told you that should get fired. Damages equals lost revenue in claims paid and lost customers. I don’t care how unhappy you are at a job, that’s just unacceptable in my opinion. If I saw a driver (or dockworker) damage freight on purpose, I’d have some words with him or her.

They can't fire any one. Show up every day. You got a job. I realize that some of you don't have the same opportunities. But at this point. We are going to be using a temp service for drivers, dock hands, maybe even FOS. Being as the dockhands we got run sectors and are getting their CDLs. It might not take to long to need a temp service for FOS too. We a running out of bodies. Let alone skilled or competent professionals.

Well, if people care or not might not be the issue. And if we manage to lose more freight. We will have less damages by numbers alone. Also, the sales staff is supposed to be cutting out bad margin freight. So the stuff that gets torn up the most should in theory disappear. Lowering the number as well. Regardless of effort from the staff. They will cook the books to get the numbers they want.

Sorry you came back. Who advised you that it was a good idea ?

They can't fire any one. Show up every day. You got a job. I realize that some of you don't have the same opportunities. But at this point. We are going to be using a temp service for drivers, dock hands, maybe even FOS. Being as the dockhands we got run sectors and are getting their CDLs. It might not take to long to need a temp service for FOS too. We a running out of bodies. Let alone skilled or competent professionals.
Our barn has lost many people through the years, but the business has not grown, so it’s a wash. I don’t see us hiring temps for any position here, though we need one FOS, one CSR, and several dockworkers and drivers. I agree that it will be necessary at some locations.

Well, if people care or not might not be the issue. And if we manage to lose more freight. We will have less damages by numbers alone. Also, the sales staff is supposed to be cutting out bad margin freight. So the stuff that gets torn up the most should in theory disappear. Lowering the number as well. Regardless of effort from the staff. They will cook the books to get the numbers they want.
You mean cook the books ....if Jacobs gets caught again doing this he will for sure see time.
one too many bourbons before writing that one.

Last edited:
Two wrongs don't make a right.. I always say do your job to the best of you ability. You always feel better doing the right thing despite their lack of morals

Strong and reasonable logic there. Two wrongs certainly will not make anything right. However, it's very hard to consider doing the right thing when you feel that you are being wronged.

Personally, I subscribed to the honest effort concept. I don't go the extra mile or try any harder than I absolutely must. I give everything a fair chance. And if doesn't work out. That's okay. Always tomorrow.

For example. If the kid running things routes me two 10:00 appointments. I would deliver the one loaded closest to the tail. And when the second appointment turns me away with their 12 skids still on board. Well, whatever is in front of those 12 skids ain't getting delivered today either. And then when I only have 12 feet to do pick ups and they have to send someone all the way out here to cover all the freight I can't get... oh, well. That's okay. Always tomorrow.

The problem I see is that people try to fight the system. Just go with it. Accept defeat before you have even started. Don't try to beat the system. It's to big. It will win every time. Maybe you might get lucky one day and pull something off that was almost impossible. But who cares that you did ? Is there really any one impressed that you did it ? Will it benefit you in any way to have over exerted yourself like that ?

Slow and steady wins the race. Try to be as safe as possible. One step at a time. Haste makes waste. Just use common sense. Ain't none of us a super hero. There are no damsels in distress. We aren't going to be saving the day for any one.

Improving Pay Is Best Way to Retain Drivers, Companies Say

Bangor, Maine-based Pottle’s Transportation, a regional carrier serving the Northeast, said it will boost pay by 9% for both per-mile and hourly drivers beginning in the second quarter. It also is introducing a quarterly incentive program that rewards drivers for achieving safety and fuel-economy goals.

Tulsa, Okla.-based flatbed carrier Melton Truck Lines on March 30 boosted its driver pay by 2 cents per mile, lifting experienced drivers to 56 cents, and student drivers to 43 cents. Melton also lifted by 8 cents per mile pay for over-dimensional loads, and added 6 cents per mile for hazardous materials loads and trips out of Canada. Melton also retained its $5,400-a-year performance bonus plan, based on a driver’s safety and productivity.

“We have been seeing announcements like this, and I think it will continue,” said American Trucking Associations chief economist Bob Costello. “I don’t care what product you’re short, what happens to the price of that product? It goes up. When you’re short drivers, and in this case the price is their pay, so the natural market reaction to any shortage is that the price will go up and in this case, it is the driver’s pay.”

- Transport Topics.com

Fired, yea right. I have documents of city drivers fail to enter hazmat info and the LH guy are pulling loads with no placards. So tell me why should a driver be fired for what he says yet the one with willful disregard keep his job. In no way did he say there was going to purposely damage freight. He was talking about the "I do give a sh1t attitude"

I'll never understand why people will happily advertise their lack of integrity just to complain. Who is that message for?
It not a lack of integrity. I guess I tired of fixing other people f ups and the management keeps coming to drivers like me to fix it while the others just slide by.

This is a warning to any LH driver pulling load out of XCV or XNJ. You may be pulling hazmat loads that need placards but you don't know it. City drivers are not entering there Hazmat detail into the handheld and when the freight is loaded and the trailer is close no hazmat shows up on you manifest.
I have heard of classes 1.4, 6.1, 8, 3 coming into the FAC with no placards or UN numbers and loads required them. As a driver I would request copies of all the original bill of lading that the shipper give us before you pull any loads out of these barns. I was told this has happened multiply times and the notices have been sent all the way to the Dir of safety.

Last edited: