XPO | New Wage Implement

Strong and reasonable logic there. Two wrongs certainly will not make anything right. However, it's very hard to consider doing the right thing when you feel that you are being wronged.

Personally, I subscribed to the honest effort concept. I don't go the extra mile or try any harder than I absolutely must. I give everything a fair chance. And if doesn't work out. That's okay. Always tomorrow.

For example. If the kid running things routes me two 10:00 appointments. I would deliver the one loaded closest to the tail. And when the second appointment turns me away with their 12 skids still on board. Well, whatever is in front of those 12 skids ain't getting delivered today either. And then when I only have 12 feet to do pick ups and they have to send someone all the way out here to cover all the freight I can't get... oh, well. That's okay. Always tomorrow.

The problem I see is that people try to fight the system. Just go with it. Accept defeat before you have even started. Don't try to beat the system. It's to big. It will win every time. Maybe you might get lucky one day and pull something off that was almost impossible. But who cares that you did ? Is there really any one impressed that you did it ? Will it benefit you in any way to have over exerted yourself like that ?

Slow and steady wins the race. Try to be as safe as possible. One step at a time. Haste makes waste. Just use common sense. Ain't none of us a super hero. There are no damsels in distress. We aren't going to be saving the day for any one.
the same thing is happen at my barn. City drivers are opening the doors and seeing what stops on the tail and going forward from there and don't even look at the appoint times

It not a lack of integrity. I guess I tired of fixing other people f ups and the management keeps coming to drivers like me to fix it while the others just slide by.

This is a warning to any LH driver pulling load out of XCV or XNJ. You may be pulling hazmat loads that need placards but you don't know it. City drivers are not entering there Hazmat detail into the handheld and when the freight is loaded and the trailer is close no hazmat shows up on you manifest.
I have heard of classes 1.4, 6.1, 8, 3 coming into the FAC with no placards or UN numbers and loads required them. As a driver I would request copies of all the original bill of lading that the shipper give us before you pull any loads out of these barns. I was told this has happened multiply times and the notices have been sent all the way to the Dir of safety.
While you are correct in trying to warn other drivers , it may not help. The issues you are dealing with seem to cone from the top. People are out of "GiveAF--ks"

And if the drivers think the upper management doesn't care how do you think they will react?

What is being proved now is the upper management can make it look like everything's going well just enough to fool investors and Wall Street. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
While you are correct in trying to warn other drivers , it may not help. The issues you are dealing with seem to cone from the top. People ar out of "GiveAF--ks"

And if the drivers think the upper management doesn't care how do you think they will react?

What is being proved now is the upper management can make it look like everything's going well just enough to fool investors and Wall Street. That's all that matters.
I just CMA (cover my azz) I make sure what I pull or trailer I load is legal and that's it

Fired, yea right. I have documents of city drivers fail to enter hazmat info and the LH guy are pulling loads with no placards. So tell me why should a driver be fired for what he says yet the one with willful disregard keep his job. In no way did he say there was going to purposely damage freight. He was talking about the "I do give a sh1t attitude"
I know nobody’s going to get fired for damaging freight. We all know that. The way I read your post was yes, I’m going to damage freight on purpose, watch this.

the same thing is happen at my barn. City drivers are opening the doors and seeing what stops on the tail and going forward from there and don't even look at the appoint times

They can see the appointments while they are routing the peddle. If they cared it would show. Since they don’t. Why should I ? One stop at a time.