New Week End of May and June

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Alright let's start up a new week here.
For one how is everyone doing? Did you all have a nice memorial day weekend? I hope you all did we had lovely weather here in Northeast, Ohio and Sunday I went out to fetch lunch for Monday and all kinds of families and couples were out enjoying ice cream treats. I was on my way to Dominios Pizza where as I've disscussed in other forums am a member of Domino's Piece of the pie rewards program and one of these days I am going to grab me a free medium pizza.
I tell you what though you have to buy a lot of pizza to get a free pizza were talking in the hundreds of dollars range. Although, I'll say this about that , usually what I do is go through the internet offers from Domino's and while it's expensive for under $30.00 you can get 2 large pizza's one topping each and a 2 liter. I don't really need the 2 liter, but it's the offer so what I do is get the pizza's and store the 2 liters in the basement you never know when you might need one for a house warming gift or something. Boy Mike that's a real good housewarming gift "Here's your 2 liter of Orange Fanta I got for you." I don't drink like ever anymore and I never really did, but I remember I had a liter of regular Jack Daniels and my friend moved into his apartment and I said here's a house warming gift and gave that to him. He said "Thanks this is great."

Anyhow alright so that's all out of the way, went to work on Memorial day they had us all doubled up so it was my self and another gentleman and it wasn't to bad we ate some pizza and were done by noon we had kind of a high millage route on Memorial day. I don't mind working the holidays it doesn't bother me because I like getting the holiday pay and usually the holidays are not hard heavy routes, usually they go off without a problem. So holidays are fine with me.

Anyhow today I went out and did my route not a bad day although I was dragging this morning a little bit, but it really didn't matter my Tuesday isn't a bad day over all, but when schools are in, it is a hustler. However schools are out now and I just float along from stop to stop seeing all the sites. I think I got back at noon today which was pretty good. Tomorrow should be fairly normal as well I lost my schools, but gained like 3 golf courses the golf courses need hot dogs and potato chips for the golfers to eat.

When I worked for the beer company I didn't have any golf courses on my route, however I had a ton of shady C-Stores in a bad part of town it was pretty ghetto if you ask me. The one store I did I saw on the news a couple weeks ago someone got robbed in front of it or whatever.

Anyhow trying to get my truck at work into the shop it's leaking oil pretty bad I think a seal is broken around the third oil filter and it's got some other troubles which are just going to get worse oil leaks don't get better they only get worse as time goes on, I have a good truck and I like it, but it needs work done. I actually called the shop up and they said it was well you figure by the time it's all said and done a month over due for maintenance so that doesn't help things. I think they try to get the trucks into the shop about 4 times a year for oil changes and stuff, in a perfect world of course. The shop is all back logged and I know it's scary because trucks go to the shop and they seem to never come back. Sometimes they go in and they wait for a month for a part or they let someone else drive it and then when I get it back it's all a big fat mess, which I don't like because right now my truck looks almost like new on the inside and it didn't look like that when I first got it trust me ha-ha! Anyhow as always what's everything looking like on your guy's end?
MTsuXQB.jpg

I know the seat is worn a little bit and the steering wheel is too, it's a 2011 with over 300,000 miles on it, but I think this is after I cleaned it up I think it looks pretty good on the inside.

Looks pretty clean Mike. Is that your f150 next to it? I been on vacation this week been pretty relaxing. Well everyday is pretty relaxing for me lol nothing like humping them groceries was.

Looks pretty clean Mike. Is that your f150 next to it? I been on vacation this week been pretty relaxing. Well everyday is pretty relaxing for me lol nothing like humping them groceries was.
Why yes it is thank you for asking. Where did you go on vacation? Last week I stayed around the house and got a new oil seal (cough $1,100 dollars later cough cough) fun fun fun! We've been oh a little light at GFS this week with schools being out and summer routing. Wednesday I got back to the yard at 11:15am of course I started at 3:00am, but I read the schedule wrong and saw I had a back haul so I sat down at the food terminal for 4 hours on Wednesday. Today I had 845 cases and 148 miles actually ripped through the route pretty good. It's sad were losing a really big hospital account we've done for over a decade. The hospital is sad that were going, but they bid out to a new management company and the management company doesn't use us they use Sysco, so there was nothing we could do about it.

Alright so Monday I am on Jury duty so no work at work for me on Monday.
Friday was a long day well it wasn't awful on the delivery side I guess got it all off in a timely manor I guess wouldn't use the word quick, but not unreasonable.

Although the holiday weekends and routing has screwed up my fuel schedule and come Friday I was low on DEF and low on fuel. I had to fill up one side one day this week in order to make it well Friday and by the way the last thing I want to do on Friday is go hunting around for fuel and that's exactly what ended up happening I ended up going on a cross county chase for fuel and DEF Fluid. The allergens in the air around here have been very many and frankly I'm getting sick of it so Friday I was all stuffed up and I had, not really a headache, but I had a sinus headache in one spot about the size of a dime above my right eye. So I'm sitting there going ugh in the heat because it's hot a humid now and running around trying to find fuel and DEF is a pain. Well eventually my hunt ended and I was able to fill up on both, but there is a reason I fill up on Monday and I always go to the same place. I'm near the same place it's a one stop shop and it's on the way enough back to the yard.

That's the thing about being local some places I've noticed have fuel at there warehouse and some don't. We have fuel at our warehouse, but the drop lots your on your own for fuel and even some warehouses like 7UP they don't have fuel there drive down Darrow Road in Twinsburg, Ohio at 5am and you'll see countless numbers of 7UP trucks at Circle K and Speedway filling up. Pepsi in Elyria, Ohio doesn't have fuel either. The beer company I worked at had fuel and while some drivers don't like warehouse fuel I thought it was kind of nice because I knew we had it at the warehouse and you could get right to it everyday. The trucks there were always full. Like I said though during normal times I go to the same place at the end of my Monday, but during Holiday weeks and stuff the schedule and routes change and it's always good to have a back up or two.

Nestle who shares a yard with us has a mobile fuel service come and fill the trucks up I guess that's alright I suppose.