New York says that you cannot wash your car in "public places."

FLOUNDER

Always LAST
Credits
A village ordinance in Garden City, New York, says that you cannot wash your car (rugs or furniture) in "public places." Apparently that also includes private property that is in public view.

Watch was happens when an officer shows up to address two guys who just want to wash their Volkswagen Golf in a private driveway.

[video=youtube_share;QB0MLZZc63c]http://youtu.be/QB0MLZZc63c[/video]

I wish I lived in an area where a car washing was the worst thing going on. Officer reads ordinance, which clearly states "in public areas" and that driveway is not a public area. I noticed that when they guy requested a ticket the officer refuses to give him one, there's one big statement right there. I'd have forced him to give me a ticket or leave, his choice. Then I'd have gone viral with the whole thing. I have it great where I live and we all leave one another alone when we burn our trash, collect old cars and can't get to mow our grass once in a while but I have lived where we were not all that congenial. Just the thought of it gets my blood pressure up.

So I would ask the cop, "Um, don't you have some real criminals to chase or something? You know, meth addicts and those morons who are stealing copper wire to support their drug habits?"

well i certainly will never understand such city/town ordinances, but to not be able to wash a car (or any motor vehicle) in one's driveway is ridiculous.

i can see not washing rugs or furniture, as they are not the "norm" to be washed in a driveway, and given the taste some people have regarding furniture or rugs maybe in the past, ugly items such as those, were left out in full public view, while they "dried out", but a car, something that is as all normal as heck to be in a driveway, is prohibited..??

it had to be a neighbor, from long, long ago, that saw some ugly furniture in someone's driveway, and complained so much to the town, that it was then enacted to prevent such future washing's in what is known as "public view" .