Yellow | Newbie starting line haul in Wheeling

SAS Trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, I am excited to be training at YRC and beginning to work line haul in the next few weeks at the Wheeling, IL location. I am a newbie to trucking in general and a little nervous. I would like to know what to expect what working line haul out of Wheeling is like. Any advice for a newbie?

Hello, I am excited to be training at YRC and beginning to work line haul in the next few weeks at the Wheeling, IL location. I am a newbie to trucking in general and a little nervous. I would like to know what to expect what working line haul out of Wheeling is like. Any advice for a newbie?
My working days ended back in 1990, so I can't offer you much advice, but if I was starting today I would give the Walmart greeter job some thought.
Best of luck with your new job.

Get some exp,go to UPS FOR A FUTURE,better pay same benifits,I should have yrs ago,too old to start over with 3.5 to go

Welcome. Get your 2 years experience. Keep your record clean. Then jump ship to a healthier company. This place is limping along waiting to get clipped. One behind the ear while not looking. Put down. Freed from its misery.

Other than that you’ll probably drive a truck to another terminal and back. Or to a dirt lot to meet another driver to swap trailers. You’ll probably have people flipping you off and or yell at you for taking too long to move. Um in break rooms you’ll hear a lot of super hero nonsense bullshit stories. You’ll make a couple bucks have free health care a little nest egg for retirement and a whole lot of crying bitching and complaining. Welcome to MyYellow…

You brought in a pup for me this week for Rockford....

I waved at you.... I don't think you were expecting a Holland driver to do that....
That was a synergies load. They figured by next week they would have another come into 303 and take a set to Rockford instead of a single.

Welcome. Get your 2 years experience. Keep your record clean. Then jump ship to a healthier company. This place is limping along waiting to get clipped. One behind the ear while not looking. Put down. Freed from its misery.

Other than that you’ll probably drive a truck to another terminal and back. Or to a dirt lot to meet another driver to swap trailers. You’ll probably have people flipping you off and or yell at you for taking too long to move. Um in break rooms you’ll hear a lot of super hero nonsense ******** stories. You’ll make a couple bucks have free health care a little nest egg for retirement and a whole lot of crying bitching and complaining. Welcome to MyYellow…
“ you’ll probably have people flipping you off, or yelling at you for moving too slow”.
I get that a lot too. Not sure what that’s all about.

Other than that you’ll probably drive a truck to another terminal and back. Or to a dirt lot to meet another driver to swap trailers. You’ll probably have people flipping you off and or yell at you for taking too long to move. Um in break rooms you’ll hear a lot of super hero nonsense ******** stories. You’ll make a couple bucks have free health care a little nest egg for retirement and a whole lot of crying bitching and complaining. Welcome to MyYellow…
I was told I would be home every weekend, but I have been seeing that I might be home more than that. Is that accurate?

You brought in a pup for me this week for Rockford....

I waved at you.... I don't think you were expecting a Holland driver to do that....
He is more accustomed to a one finger salute. :lmao:
Does your Mom know your going to be a freight hauler? :438: Best of luck to you friend.