Yellow | Newbie starting line haul in Wheeling

Did they hire you as a City or Road Driver? Are you sure this wasn't for Bolingbrook 318? You are going to be running teams in Chicago recruiter may have lied to you. Wheeling bids are from 309 Chicago's board.

Did they hire you as a City or Road Driver? Are you sure this wasn't for Bolingbrook 318? You are going to be running teams in Chicago recruiter may have lied to you. Wheeling bids are from 309 Chicago's board.
As far as I know it is line haul at Wheeling.

Do a through pretrip l it'll save you a lot of heart ache down the road. If it's not DOT compliant don't take it period!!! Some drivers will give you smack dont worry about them they forget they were new once to. Speed and the ability to handle the equipment come with experience. You can take a curve too slow a million times to fast only once.

Do a through pretrip l it'll save you a lot of heart ache down the road. If it's not DOT compliant don't take it period!!! Some drivers will give you smack dont worry about them they forget they were new once to. Speed and the ability to handle the equipment come with experience. You can take a curve too slow a million times to fast only once.
Honestly I wouldn't take the risk of putting myself or anyone on the road in danger. I especially don't want to be sitting on the side of the road either. Thanks for the advice.

Drive like me.

You can take any curve at any speed you desire, as long as you keep it pulling!

Hello, I am excited to be training at YRC and beginning to work line haul in the next few weeks at the Wheeling, IL location. I am a newbie to trucking in general and a little nervous. I would like to know what to expect what working line haul out of Wheeling is like. Any advice for a newbie?
Find a better company! Yellow hasn’t been a freight company in 40 yrs! As soon as they sell off a of usf assets! It’s over! Bankruptcy!!

Wheeling WVa is always a bit of something in my day. If you were a local born and raised there no big deal.

However there are I think three ridges you have to either climb or drop down towards that tunnel single lane and its a bit of a fight in winter storms. I usually avoid that section generally. IF I had a choice.

Dallas Pike TA Truckstop up top is or was one of the dirty ones back then. I have not been through there on purpose in 30 years but the last time there was too much crime and unwanted attention in there. The food was medicore as well which was a shame.

I hate to be difficult. I usually come through either Tamarack or Hurricane or New River or Sandstone before I come through Wheeling. Of all the mountains in my life, Sandstone is my opus for lack of a better word. Its a smaller mountain but people get killed or hurt up there constantly in storms.

I suppose enough years may have led to improvements in the Wheeling Area, I would hope so.

Don’t listen to the negativity. Yellow is a great place to start a trucking career. Free training and lots of seasoned drivers around you to answer questions. This company is solid no matter what the keyboard warriors say.
Sure there is always something.

We had drivers quit in some companies years ago because of the hills. Grinding up and over the same steep hills was routine until their first winter. They quit then.

What they did not learn in the situation was those east coast hills were tiny. Hardly worth noticing. So a little sliding dont hurt none.

Don’t listen to the negativity. Yellow is a great place to start a trucking career. Free training and lots of seasoned drivers around you to answer questions. This company is solid no matter what the keyboard warriors say.
A few trucks with mirrors, or sun visors missing, but that don’t make it all bad. Still making close to $100,000 driving safe at 46.