ADuiePyle | Newburgh

From a personal stand point I'd rather lay out it makes the week go by faster and less gas to drive to and from work only thing about the bunks I dislike is the fact the walls are paper thin you can hear everything unless you got a fan or something goin

From a personal stand point I'd rather lay out it makes the week go by faster and less gas to drive to and from work only thing about the bunks I dislike is the fact the walls are paper thin you can hear everything unless you got a fan or something goin

I despise the bunks at York because they have the worlds smallest TV and a twin bed. I'm only 6'0 and my feet dangle off the damn thing.

I despise the bunks at York because they have the worlds smallest TV and a twin bed. I'm only 6'0 and my feet dangle off the damn thing.
What's worse is when you get a room on the end where the trucks are parked and someone fires up a loud older freightshaker and wakes you up. I don't care if I stay out 2 days a week but that doesn't always turn out to be more hours.

What's worse is when you get a room on the end where the trucks are parked and someone fires up a loud older freightshaker and wakes you up. I don't care if I stay out 2 days a week but that doesn't always turn out to be more hours.

That last sentence is very important and I don't think many understand the reality.

Very true on the hours front staying out does not mean better hours but as I said it breaks the week up so I don't mind it. However the beds in most bunks are not that great from my experiences I would rather layout in a remote or bunk less terminal so I can sleep in a hotel

Use to run Burlington VT, out of WC, three nights a week in the comfort inn, good for 55 to 58 hrs a week plus 17 dollars a night per deim, loved that PPT!
But like my p/d run even better !!!

Never done the Vermont thing done the Portland and Bangor ME. (Sorry if that second one was misspelled) out of MAS. and stayed at those remotes pretty nice but my normal PPT is normally staying in RIT. Out of YRK. I don't mind those bunks and everyone there is pretty cool but guess I wouldn't mind if this Newburgh thing turns into more meets and less lay outs either but guess we will wait and see the verdict when dispatch releases the new PPTs whenever that's suppose to be.

Do all barns have bunks , & r they clean? When i worked in alb part time the rms looked ok
Not all terminals have bunks, rooms are cleaned after each use, sheets and towels are provided. Tv in each room. Rooms are dark and cool, albany is a quiet stay
Community bathroom with private showers
Not bad.....