Estes | News and Rumors out of PA

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Apparently we're going to be starting a new hub at the Williamsport terminal 015. I heard sometime here in April. I'm not sure how that's going to effect freight from the region, but I'm thinking its a good thing. I'm just wondering if we told Ward about this yet. We let them use some of our dock I think. Also on the rumor front.. a move of the Harrisburg facility might be in the works. We've been hearing rumors of a move to the former Yellow Freight break in Lancaster,PA. Which might explain some of the "upgrades" to the facility. How are them new bunkrooms? Another one going around has us moving to Carlisle into the YRC compound there. Which I don't see YRC giving up that prime location. Plus, we don't have anywhere near the amount of freight to occupy that place. Never can be too sure though. We should've bought that old CF barn before ODFL got their hands on it. Oh well, keep it safe out there. Freight is picking up! :smilie_132:

yeah i think the contractor issue is proof that we are picking up more. why hire if this is just a bump. then layoff....that's no good when we could kick a contractor to the curb.

that roadway term around the corner from estes in kc is a ghost town. real sad.

other than that. new Nebraska term comming on and a Minnesota - Duluth comming soon also. kinda cool

yeah i think the contractor issue is proof that we are picking up more. why hire if this is just a bump. then layoff....that's no good when we could kick a contractor to the curb.

that roadway term around the corner from estes in kc is a ghost town. real sad.

other than that. new Nebraska term comming on and a Minnesota - Duluth comming soon also. kinda cool

I agree with you 100%.. no need to put extra men on to just get rid of them.. if we're just spiking on the freight levels.

How much bigger is the Roadway barn in KC? Could you guys fill that place? We'd have double the dock doors if we moved to the Lancaster location. I also agree that putting on new terminals is always an exciting thing. We've picked up on East - West freight a little. We've also picked up some freight going thru the Memphis/Nashville lanes as well as some of the closer southern points. We could use an extra 50 doors even when its not busy.. So I say bring on the freight and bring on expansion. :smilie_132:

Estes is buying YRC I bet!

CASH

There you go again Top. Your new name is going to be "The YRC STALKER". The stalker can be found at multiple forums staging ambushes on any YRCW company. HA, HA GRIZZ PS I'm still waiting on a reply

Com'on KD. Let's go with it. Just got back from my vaca in Gatlinburg and there's nothing better than enjoying the mountains and startin' rumors.:smilie_132:

No way man...:biglaugh: to much in the mill now. But I hope ole G.burg was good for ya. We go there alot, you should PM me next time I can give you the low down on some good stuff off the beaten path. Or you may be a vet from up there to and already know 'em. Anyways I hope your vaca was a good one!

No way man...:biglaugh: to much in the mill now. But I hope ole G.burg was good for ya. We go there alot, you should PM me next time I can give you the low down on some good stuff off the beaten path. Or you may be a vet from up there to and already know 'em. Anyways I hope your vaca was a good one!

Oh yea, we had fun. Got to go visit some kin over in NC and TN. Lots of nice people up there. Had some vet friends open up the hall and had a good time. Thanks for PM note. Will get with you next year and pick your brain.Sure would like to ride a scooter up there though.:smilie_132:

Estands4Evil;579467]Apparently we're going to be starting a new hub at the Williamsport terminal 015. I heard sometime here in April. I'm not sure how that's going to effect freight from the region, but I'm thinking its a good thing. I'm just wondering if we told Ward about this yet. We let them use some of our dock I think. Also on the rumor front.. a move of the Harrisburg facility might be in the works.
We've been hearing rumors of a move to the former Yellow Freight break in Lancaster,PA. Which might explain some of the "upgrades" to the facility. How are them new bunkrooms? Another one going around has us moving to Carlisle into the YRC compound there.
Which I don't see YRC giving up that prime location. Plus, we don't have anywhere near the amount of freight to occupy that place. Never can be too sure though. We should've bought that old CF barn before ODFL got their hands on it. Oh well, keep it safe out there. Freight is picking up! :smilie_132:[/QUOTE]

HOW RELIABLE WAS SOURCE?

Estands4Evil;579467]Apparently we're going to be starting a new hub at the Williamsport terminal 015. I heard sometime here in April. I'm not sure how that's going to effect freight from the region, but I'm thinking its a good thing. I'm just wondering if we told Ward about this yet. We let them use some of our dock I think. Also on the rumor front.. a move of the Harrisburg facility might be in the works. Which I don't see YRC giving up that prime location. Plus, we don't have anywhere near the amount of freight to occupy that place. Never can be too sure though. We should've bought that old CF barn before ODFL got their hands on it. Oh well, keep it safe out there. Freight is picking up! :smilie_132:

HOW RELIABLE WAS SOURCE?[/QUOTE]
You know how things are, where we work..but from what I'm hearing its even what the "uppers" are saying.. unless they're saying it jokingly. I don't see YRC giving up.. what used to be LCP..even though it's not exactly a prime location.. its even farther out of the 81/76 interchange than we are.. especially for the freight we handle. A good chunk of our freight comes right up 83..and the rest from the south comes up 81 across 581 and down 83..which puts us off route, but not as bad as a move to Lancaster would put us. I know we don't have the freight to move in there. Unless they were really planning some major freight redirection. Enough to justify having a 300 door facility. I don't think any terminal we have in the system has enough freight for that.. including WMX or GBO.. but I don't work at those places. I'm just hoping when/if this 015 HUB things happens we don't lose too much freight. Even though our HUB freight is minimal as it is. I know you city guys here @ 024 have heard the same thing..as well as the Carlisle thing.

You know how things are, where we work..but from what I'm hearing its even what the "uppers" are saying.. unless they're saying it jokingly. I don't see YRC giving up.. what used to be LCP..even though it's not exactly a prime location.. its even farther out of the 81/76 interchange than we are.. especially for the freight we handle. A good chunk of our freight comes right up 83..and the rest from the south comes up 81 across 581 and down 83..which puts us off route, but not as bad as a move to Lancaster would put us. I know we don't have the freight to move in there. Unless they were really planning some major freight redirection. Enough to justify having a 300 door facility. I don't think any terminal we have in the system has enough freight for that.. including WMX or GBO.. but I don't work at those places. I'm just hoping when/if this 015 HUB things happens we don't lose too much freight. Even though our HUB freight is minimal as it is. I know you city guys here @ 024 have heard the same thing..as well as the Carlisle thing.

This might have something to do with the Pulaski thing. We down here in the Tn, Ga, Al, area are gonna have to start sending most of our north bound stuff into North Carolina, ya know 010 and 017 instead of Pulaski. That will be putting alot more coming up there on I-85/ I-95 and I-83 rather than up I-81.

This might have something to do with the Pulaski thing. We down here in the Tn, Ga, Al, area are gonna have to start sending most of our north bound stuff into North Carolina, ya know 010 and 017 instead of Pulaski. That will be putting alot more coming up there on I-85/ I-95 and I-83 rather than up I-81.

Hope that won't get us into delay time on the freight. You know how Rob is trying to push next day.I also heard from our team that we are picking up more HD freight again. Rob must have put out the fires at Home Depot.Don't think it will affect our Northeast freight out of the south.Still, I really feel for those people in Pulaski.

Hope that won't get us into delay time on the freight. You know how Rob is trying to push next day.I also heard from our team that we are picking up more HD freight again. Rob must have put out the fires at Home Depot.Don't think it will affect our Northeast freight out of the south.Still, I really feel for those people in Pulaski.

Ya I know. I know I don't see "the big picture" but most drivers know the best and fastest way from Tn., Al., La. etc. to the east coast is up I-81 thru Va. and then cut east out of Pa. and not over to N.C. and then up, but I'm sure they know what they're doing is best.

Kings, You people are in for a big change as Rob knows how to run a company 1st class. Estes is on the verge of shocking the LTL industry and it is going to be BIG

Kings, You people are in for a big change as Rob knows how to run a company 1st class. Estes is on the verge of shocking the LTL industry and it is going to be BIG

I hope you're right. The Estes family have made alot more right decisions than wrong since they started this outfit, that's for sure. So I think chances are real good that this latest batch of decisions are gonna be good ones too. But I gotta say it sure is hard seeing folks lose jobs when they re-route freight so radical as they did in Pulaski. I'm looking for them to offer transfers to those guys to were the work is.