Estes | News and Rumors out of PA

But I gotta say it sure is hard seeing folks lose jobs when they re-route freight so radical as they did in Pulaski. I'm looking for them to offer transfers to those guys to were the work is.

I know exactly what you are saying, I think it was in very bad taste for Estes to drop that kind of a bomb on what seems to be a well run terminal and good people. That to me is a BIG mistake on Estes part as now the employees might have lost respect with their company. ALL employees, not just in VA either. I do trust that Rob is looking out for his company as well as his employees, the people that make him the money, and he is taking steps to better and futher make Estes stronger and better.

If they closed that profitable terminal for the reason some here are speculating. I doubt those folks will be getting any help from Richmond to transfer anywhere. If they allowed them to transfer somewhere. It would defeat the purpose of closing the terminal. Don't get me wrong. I want the best for those drivers. It's very brutal. I imagine we will find out more tomarrow.

If they closed that profitable terminal for the reason some here are speculating. I doubt those folks will be getting any help from Richmond to transfer anywhere. If they allowed them to transfer somewhere. It would defeat the purpose of closing the terminal. Don't get me wrong. I want the best for those drivers. It's very brutal. I imagine we will find out more tomarrow.

From what I've gathered mildew, the terminal is not closing. They shut the breakbulk down. The terminal will still deliver local freight. I'm not trying to sugar coat it, but some people will retain their jobs. What I am concerned about are the linehaul,hub drivers and such. I hope Rob does try to relocate the drivers,if the driver chooses. Although he is under no business obligation to do so, but I hope his moral obligation and values do.

From what I've gathered mildew, the terminal is not closing. They shut the breakbulk down. The terminal will still deliver local freight. I'm not trying to sugar coat it, but some people will retain their jobs. What I am concerned about are the linehaul,hub drivers and such. I hope Rob does try to relocate the drivers,if the driver chooses. Although he is under no business obligation to do so, but I hope his moral obligation and values do.

Yea. I'm clueless. The only info I get is what I read here. I checked the Wytheville news along with Pulaski's. I found nothing. I'm going to pinocchio around tomarrow. Maybe I'll hear something for sure. None of us need to take anything for granted that's for sure. I'm not swimming in money right now but I am thankful I have a job and I am getting plenty of much needed rest.

Kings, You people are in for a big change as Rob knows how to run a company 1st class. Estes is on the verge of shocking the LTL industry and it is going to be BIG

Well, since you supposedly knew about the re-bid before it happened. Why don't you enlighten us to the BIG news. I'm sure the folks in Pulaski would've appreciated a heads-up.

Kings, You people are in for a big change as Rob knows how to run a company 1st class. Estes is on the verge of shocking the LTL industry and it is going to be BIG

ya know as much as i wanna ring your neck sometimes
i think you are right
things are in a hush hush right now. my tm and div vp wont hardy talk to me. thats when i know somethings up. they know about my truckigboard habit. and they know i talk to A LOT OF DRIVERS. i've been getting tid bits of info here and there. and none from tm or his boss. so i've been hittin the streets. i outta check my corporate resources. but then again i like surprises. kinda like Christmas
i know this big deal is gonna blow minds :TR10driving03: haven't got the whole big pic but i've got my ideas. 2009 is gonna be a great year to be an estes employee

i think you are right
things are in a hush hush right now. my tm and div vp wont hardy talk to me. thats when i know somethings up. they know about my truckigboard habit. and they know i talk to A LOT OF DRIVERS. i've been getting tid bits of info here and there. and none from tm or his boss. so i've been hittin the streets. i outta check my corporate resources. but then again i like surprises. kinda like Christmas
i know this big deal is gonna blow minds :TR10driving03: haven't got the whole big pic but i've got my ideas. 2009 is gonna be a great year to be an estes employee

Oh, Mommy I can't wait. What's in the box? I promise we won't tell!!

Hey slow hand...they pulled the break bulk and hub out of there. Check your list of threads, there is a thread called "pulaski closes doors" that will give you the info. The terminal though did not close though, just scaled back.

How bout somebody tellin me what's pozed to happin:toxic::toxic::toxic::annoyed:

i think you are right

Hope so... I'm formerly out of Cleveland. Moved to FL, left the company for promised 'greener pastures', but found Yellow manure ::shit:: instead. I'm praying to get back in but FL is NOT a trucking area like Cleveland was. Any news on things there? Or Tampa, for that matter?