Dayton Freight Next Raise...

Discussion in 'Dayton Freight' started by miltowntrucker, Apr 12, 2019.

1. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

Anyone have info.or ideas what the next raise will be....?

2. jangle

jangle Member

I heard today u guys make $21 per hour. I was like there’s no way I thought you guys made $27 plus OT after 40

3. miltowntrucker

miltowntrucker Member

$21 an hour? P&D top scale is $27.30 OT after 40. Linehaul is .674 cpm. Our annual cost of living raise is next month.

4. jangle

jangle Member

That’s what I thought. Thanks. There should be a sticky at the top of each thread with updated pay scale. So you guys should get $1+

5. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    I'll make a prediction based on zero inside information: $28.10 and 69.4 cpm.

Last year both increased by over 4%, but it won't be as much this time. My guess is based on roughly 3%.

icuicp and miltowntrucker like this.
  6. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

Sign me up! Do your city guys get more than 40 hours or is it limited bc of OT?

7. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    A few city guys at my barn have been bragging lately about hitting 40 hours on Thursday. On Friday they'll work as long as it takes to get it all done. Later in the summer those same guys will be complaining about how many hours they have to work. It happens every year.

Terminal managers obviously try to limit OT by maintaining decent staffing levels, but they don't want so many drivers that everybody suffers during the winter. Dayton doesn't seem to believe in seasonal layoffs, so during slow periods they put out a signup sheet for days off awarded by seniority (CC days). There always seem to be enough takers that everyone else gets plenty of hours. We've generally been busy enough during the slow season that I occasionally hear drivers complain about a lack of CC days or that they never fall to where those drivers are on the seniority board.

The bottom line is that you might not get a ton of OT in the winter, but you'll definitely get plenty in the summertime.

8. ED FORCE ONE

ED FORCE ONE Active Member

This is not related to subject can you tell me on linehaul how your system of dock assignment and checkin works when you pull in the gate

coondogg likes this.
  9. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    My "secretary" (the computer lady's voice on the Qualcomm) greets me upon arrival and tells me what door to put my trailer in, or to put it in the yard. At some smaller terminals they'll give me my door and also my hook, so I can drop, hook then run in to get my manifest on the way out. It's pretty slick.

10. ED FORCE ONE

Good stuff

coondogg likes this.
  11. busa182

busa182 Active Member

XPO just got their raise and now they are at 28.19 a hour and .66 a mile. Hopefully we will make more than them!

coondogg likes this.
  12. ED FORCE ONE

Time of post a coincidence

coondogg likes this.
  13. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

In what geographic area?

14. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    Sounds like we already do on linehaul.

I'm also curious what region that is in, because it makes a big difference depending on how they pay overtime in the North versus the South from what I've heard about their P&D pay situation.

15. busa182

busa182 Active Member

It’s the southern region.

16. pltjack

pltjack My posts are for poor entertainment only!

I'm with XPO north of the Mason Dixon line. Last year we went to $28.03 and receive overtime after 8.

17. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    That’s amazing. Estes is still in the Stone Age. I don’t think I’ve heard a negative thing about Dayton from anyone. If I didn’t have so much time over here I’d definitely be looking to get on over there.

18. Lazer

Lazer WWG1WGA

They were in the early stages of introducing that 'feature' in the Qualcomm a couple months before I left Dayton.
    If I recall, when you arrived at a terminal that was using that 'feature', there was an allowed timeframe window for your arrival. If you arrived more than 20 min. before your scheduled arrival time, it would not give you a door assignment. If you were at your home terminal it was no big deal, you go inside for your assignment. It was a pain if you were there just for a drop and hook, and wanting to keep rolling.

19. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    It seems to work pretty smooth now. I haven't had any problems like that, regardless of arrival time. The only time I haven't gotten a door assignment is when they literally don't have any open doors, like when Dayton is slammed and the yard man has to pull one first. That's one place that could use about 50 more doors...

icuicp likes this.
  20. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

Same here, if they ever come down my way I’d definately consider it.

icuicp and coondogg like this.