NFL Coach Suspended Over a ‘Single Homophobic Statement’

This was the comment: “We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows.”.
Correction it should read supposed comment. Unless I missed something this is a he said he said situation without any witnesses.
Priefer has “vehemently den[ied]” Kluwe’s claims, and the investigating attorneys determined that it was bad football performance, not his social activism, that lost Kluwe his job.

Yes, he has the right to say it. An employer also has the right to discipline his employees.

Looks more to me like Priefer is being the good soldier and taking one for the team. Or else he is being thrown under the bus in an attempt to satisfy the NFL's anti discrimination policy ... From what I've read Kluwe threatened to sue the Vikings unless Priefer was suspended for 4 games. But since the suspension is only for 3 games he intends to proceed with the lawsuit.

The investigation stemmed from Kluwe’s release from the team and an article he wrote for Deadspin entitled, “I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A *****.”

What team is he playing for this year? Surely since his performance isn't the problem then he must have been signed by some other NFL team.

Kluwe is an outspoken advocate for same sex marriage and gay rights, and as a result was, and continues to be, one of the NFL's more controversial figures. Most recently Kluwe threatened to sue the Vikings for wrongful dismissal unless special teams coach Mike Priefer was given a four game suspension and the Vikings released an internal report that was written in response to Kluwe's accusations. Kluwe accused Coach Priefer of making remarks that Kluwe found offensive and the team of releasing him because of his opinions and his active advocacy of his views on civil and human rights.[2] After the Vikings suspended Priefer for only two to three games and released one and one half pages of the Vikings 150 page internal report Kluwe stated on Twitter that he was extremely unhappy with this response and would proceed with his lawsuit.[3]

The MSM and the Gays have been waiting for an opportunity to get this gay issue back on the front page news. They finally found an opportunity. Now they are attacking Tony Dungy also. They'll spin and twist people's words in every direction possible to get this issue back on the front page.

Someone destroy his knees......and be done with it. Of course, then that player will be charged with a "homophobe hate crime".

Both country and NFL have become pretty pathetic. And it's because of political correctness. Spinelessness on full display.