NFL Week 2

I'm trying to watch the Atlanta/Tampa game. Complete blowout.....

Four straight plays with a penalty. Too many penalties because the refs are having stats kept on them now and couple that with a complete lack of discipline from they players and you get a crap product to watch. I'm changing the channel. Each week I get more disgusted with the NFL.

I'm trying to watch the Atlanta/Tampa game. Complete blowout.....

Four straight plays with a penalty. Too many penalties because the refs are having stats kept on them now and couple that with a complete lack of discipline from they players and you get a crap product to watch. I'm changing the channel. Each week I get more disgusted with the NFL.

I think the NFL may finally be imploding. An amazing run. But it has been weighed down by some horrible decisions. Not to mention they have all but removed the game from the broadcast. It's terrible to watch now.

I don't like what Goodell has done with the league, but I also can't blame him for the behavior of the players. Personally, I blame the change in society for the player's behavior. They think that they are exempt from life's rules because they've become rich. The question is.......how does it get fixed? Or can it get fixed? Changing out Goodell isn't going to change the bad attitude that's engulfed our society. The player's behavior is appalling to a civilized citizen.

I think the NFL may finally be imploding. An amazing run. But it has been weighed down by some horrible decisions. Not to mention they have all but removed the game from the broadcast. It's terrible to watch now.

I don't like what Goodell has done with the league, but I also can't blame him for the behavior of the players. Personally, I blame the change in society for the player's behavior. They think that they are exempt from life's rules because they've become rich. The question is.......how does it get fixed? Or can it get fixed? Changing out Goodell isn't going to change the bad attitude that's engulfed our society. The player's behavior is appalling to a civilized citizen.

There doesn't have to be a clear and decisive winner of any conference these days to make the playoffs.. When an 8-8 team can make the playoffs, there's something wrong with the system....IMO

I still love the game,product,and league.Im sure a few will be disgruntled,but I dont think this league is going anywhere for a long time.They continue to blow away the competition in viewership...

Last edited by a moderator:
These issues give the league a black eye, but they won't hurt the league any. I don't like the behavior, but it's only a small percentage of the players that are causing the black eye, so it won't cause me to stop watching games because I love the game. The excessive penalties and sissyfying of the game, hurts the league more than these behavioral issues in my opinion.

These issues give the league a black eye, but they won't hurt the league any. I don't like the behavior, but it's only a small percentage of the players that are causing the black eye, so it won't cause me to stop watching games because I love the game. The excessive penalties and sissyfying of the game, hurts the league more than these behavioral issues in my opinion.

The college game is offering a much better product at the moment.

Years ago, the defense had a saying....."I'll meet you at the quarterback", nowadays it's more like "I'll meet you at the quarterback, for tea and crumpets."

Cornerbacks and safeties wanted to light a receiver up after he catches the ball, now lighting him up is an automatic penalty and often a fine. They have to just let the receivers catch the ball, then gently place them on the ground.

I don't want to see guys getting hurt, but that's football, and that's the risk everyone knew about clear back in their pee wee days.

Years ago, the defense had a saying....."I'll meet you at the quarterback", nowadays it's more like "I'll meet you at the quarterback, for tea and crumpets."

Cornerbacks and safeties wanted to light a receiver up after he catches the ball, now lighting him up is an automatic penalty and often a fine. They have to just let the receivers catch the ball, then gently place them on the ground.

I don't want to see guys getting hurt, but that's football, and that's the risk everyone knew about clear back in their pee wee days.
$$$$$..... The liabilities from lawsuits for different things have caused the change in the NFL... It's a rough sport... But not as dangerous as being a Gladiator....

I still love the game,product,and league.Im sure a few will be disgruntled,but I dont think this league is going anywhere for a long time.They continue to blow away the competition in viewership...

Me too.. I still like the game also, but watering it down is slowly changing my perspective.... Kinda getting like NASCAR, whoever sponsors the race, look for that car to win....

Exactly. You can't hit anybody. And injuries haven't gone down at all.

That's a good point. They've sissyfied the game, and the players are still hurt all of the time. The DB's don't have any choice but to go low.....and destroy their knees.