Averitt | Nice Job YARD DOG

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Took this picture yesterday at FUL, the yard dog ran the tire right off the rim. The way these A-HOLE'S blast around the FUL yard, I'm surprised he didn't roll it over! A pack of shirts were standing by the stairs of the dock talking about it. I couldn't help it, but smiled, shooked my head and said MORON as I walked by.
d4fhw.jpg

Other than the wheel. That yard truck looks brand new. Guess its true about the red headed non southern terminals. The yard trucks they are lucky to have are POS's and looks nothing like that.

I run the spotter at our whse when I get there, I'm glad we don't have them fenders on the drives, ifin we did I couldn't see my tires spin, I like to see that...as for the steer flat?????? Maybe it blew? Looks like any other steer flat. I woulda kept goin! Gotta get them trailers moved, I have a new old spotter and man that thing hauls ass! Smokes like a choo choo too, I told the shop about it but they don't seem to mind, with my whirly gig light on top, if I look up and to the right with the smoke coming out it almost looks like flames shooting out the stack....cool I say!!!

I run the spotter at our whse when I get there, I'm glad we don't have them fenders on the drives, ifin we did I couldn't see my tires spin, I like to see that...as for the steer flat?????? Maybe it blew? Looks like any other steer flat. I woulda kept goin! Gotta get them trailers moved, I have a new old spotter and man that thing hauls ass! Smokes like a choo choo too, I told the shop about it but they don't seem to mind, with my whirly gig light on top, if I look up and to the right with the smoke coming out it almost looks like flames shooting out the stack....cool I say!!!
The YARD DOG'S at FUL,DAL and NOR run them things like they are in the movie "FAST AND FURIOUS".....I'm surprised he didn't roll the darn thing over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The YARD DOG'S at FUL,DAL and NOR run them things like they are in the movie "FAST AND FURIOUS".....I'm surprised he didn't roll the darn thing over.

I have to say, we have a sense of urgency but we get paid by the hour, once the first round is out, its a waiting game anyhow.

I don't know whats worse...going around a corner on a one way yard just to come eye to eye with a yard dog...or risking your life trying to cross a dock to get to your car...

Can't speak for NOR or FUL but I totally agree with you on DAL. Better have your eyes wide open when you walk across that yard. Like being at Daytona...They think they have the right of way.