SEFL | nice raise

from reading the announcement it would appear there is no intention of trying to limit hours under 45. (I read that sucker closely). They said that they expect freight to be real heavy, almost apologizing for how hard we will be working and said to thank us they wanted to give raise early and add overtime. I interpret that to mean, fasten your seat belt cause we fixing to have long hours but your pay will be good. Hope I am reading that right

from reading the announcement it would appear there is no intention of trying to limit hours under 45. (I read that sucker closely). They said that they expect freight to be real heavy, almost apologizing for how hard we will be working and said to thank us they wanted to give raise early and add overtime. I interpret that to mean, fasten your seat belt cause we fixing to have long hours but your pay will be good. Hope I am reading that right
I’m hopeful you are correct. The owners video did set our company apart from most. I mean, how many times do you ever hear a billionaire repeatedly say thank you to anyone?

When we get vacation pay it’s rated at a 9 hour work day or 45 hours for a week week off
It's awesome that they are going to give you ot but any other career you would receive ot after 40. Why do you think the company only offered ot after 45 when there's other ltls paying ot after 40

The company is having difficulty obtaining and retaining quality drivers for various reasons. If they start with 45 and it eases the issue then they won’t lose as much money as if starting at 40. May end up with ot at 40 anyway. I suspect the new political leadership in Washington will be passing laws that may force ot after 40

It's awesome that they are going to give you ot but any other career you would receive ot after 40. Why do you think the company only offered ot after 45 when there's other ltls paying ot after 40
Trucking is mixed, ODFL after 60, R&L no OT, Saia after 45, Union companies after 8 for city, FedEx/XPO after 8. Line haul for most companies is mileage and see no OT ( even at union carriers) . I don’t think Averitt or AAA Cooper pay OT. Up north Duie is after 45, DAYTON AFTER 40 , Pitt Ohio is straight pay 1st 3 years then OT after 40, Ward is no OT. It’s all over the place , forget about truckload and dedicated operations.

Trucking is mixed, ODFL after 60, R&L no OT, Saia after 45, Union companies after 8 for city, FedEx/XPO after 8. Line haul for most companies is mileage and see no OT ( even at union carriers) . I don’t think Averitt or AAA Cooper pay OT. Up north Duie is after 45, DAYTON AFTER 40 , Pitt Ohio is straight pay 1st 3 years then OT after 40, Ward is no OT. It’s all over the place , forget about truckload and dedicated operations.
And theres some of the reason for driver shortage

Good summary. Xpo in the south is after 50

Pitt Ohio just announced OT is now from day 1. No more three year wait. Smart move when trying to recruit drivers with a limited supply.

Guys you will never again see more than 45hrs. I work at saia and we have the same “benefit”. What they will do is hire a bunch more drivers so nobody gets overtime. You’ll be lucky to get 40.

Guys you will never again see more than 45hrs. I work at saia and we have the same “benefit”. What they will do is hire a bunch more drivers so nobody gets overtime. You’ll be lucky to get 40.
Our local saia drivers get over 45. Here’s the problem for the company; they can’t find qualified drivers. Bumping us to OT after 45 to attract and retain drivers makes no sense if they don’t let us have some. UPSF has been taking lots of sefl drivers because they pay more. The raise makes no sense unless we get to work OT

Our local saia drivers get over 45. Here’s the problem for the company; they can’t find qualified drivers. Bumping us to OT after 45 to attract and retain drivers makes no sense if they don’t let us have some. UPSF has been taking lots of sefl drivers because they pay more. The raise makes no sense unless we get to work OT
We are getting over 45 at my terminal. Our manager said we still would.

The way I see the OT is that it’s a big thank you to all of us who have been putting our bodies on the line with the long hours we’ve been working this past year