ODFL | Nicknames

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious, we've ALL heard other company 'nicknames' IE Swift(Sure Wish I Finished Training)...but has anyone heard of ours? The other day, I ordered Door Dash(As I do most days when I work 11-12 hours) and had (I'm guessing ex-driver) a really old guy deliver my food and complaining about being late, which he wasn't, due to some 'jackass jackknifed their truck on 40' when the place I order from it's quicker to NOT go 40. lol Anyways, I asked what company was it? He said, he didn't know but he could drive better than that(I'm wanting to laugh in his face since he went the LONG way from restaurant to my house). . I said, huh, I just got off work about an hour ago and drive for OD. His reply was, 'No offense, but you mean Old Dumb F**ks.' My reply was, 'Well, I make more than you are making at Door Dash!'. However, I've never heard that before, has anyone else?

Just curious, we've ALL heard other company 'nicknames' IE Swift(Sure Wish I Finished Training)...but has anyone heard of ours? The other day, I ordered Door Dash(As I do most days when I work 11-12 hours) and had (I'm guessing ex-driver) a really old guy deliver my food and complaining about being late, which he wasn't, due to some 'jackass jackknifed their truck on 40' when the place I order from it's quicker to NOT go 40. lol Anyways, I asked what company was it? He said, he didn't know but he could drive better than that(I'm wanting to laugh in his face since he went the LONG way from restaurant to my house). . I said, huh, I just got off work about an hour ago and drive for OD. His reply was, 'No offense, but you mean Old Dumb F**ks.' My reply was, 'Well, I make more than you are making at Door Dash!'. However, I've never heard that before, has anyone else?
And I take offense to being called a Really Old Guy.HR will be getting a call.:idunno:

Never talk down to a guy who you assume makes less than you. Everyone who works at OD isn’t a conceited dick, but now we all look like one.

Next time you want to be a jerk to a guy you are paying for a service, tell them you work at Yellow. Then they’ll know you’re lying about making more and not feel so bad.

Never talk down to a guy who you assume makes less than you. Everyone who works at OD isn’t a conceited dick, but now we all look like one.

Next time you want to be a jerk to a guy you are paying for a service, tell them you work at Yellow. Then they’ll know you’re lying about making more and not feel so bad.
You better hope Billy doesn't read this post.
There will be no more mowing work for you.

Exactly,we are all the same.I will just laugh off the comments.Does no good to talk down to anyone.Driver still drinking the green kool-ad..He will see the light soon

the point is, if you insult me, or try to...I will insult back! I don't take that kind of S**T from anyone!

Exactly,we are all the same.I will just laugh off the comments.Does no good to talk down to anyone.Driver still drinking the green kool-ad..He will see the light soon
no, I just keep to myself and just show up and do whatever wild turn they put me on for the night. I don't care about the 'company politics' at all, never have. I make my money and live my life.

Never hears that one but I coin the phrase Stupid And Idiotic A$$holes for one company. But don't down those folks doing door dash. My daughter and her hubby does it on his days off work. He let's her keep the money. They pick and choose where to deliver. Her choices? Hospitals, doctors offices, court houses, and other high income locations. Approximately 20 hours of deliveries brings her around $700.00 per week plus tips. I'm thinking about buying me a small car just for that purpose. Wouldn't work too good flying around town on that Excursion.

Never hears that one but I coin the phrase Stupid And Idiotic A$$holes for one company. But don't down those folks doing door dash. My daughter and her hubby does it on his days off work. He let's her keep the money. They pick and choose where to deliver. Her choices? Hospitals, doctors offices, court houses, and other high income locations. Approximately 20 hours of deliveries brings her around $700.00 per week plus tips. I'm thinking about buying me a small car just for that purpose. Wouldn't work too good flying around town on that Excursion.
I stand corrected. That is with tips.

No need to talk down anyone because “you make” more than them. Specially being an old guy. He been there done that. Big deal you work at OD. Btw I know people in DoorDash and Uber that make more than that. One of the reasons I left OD is because most people, management and most drivers, think that OD is the only one Company in the world, and that they doing you a favor for employing you. Not going to get on the issue of how the terminal I left threats minorities, any ways now I most likely make more that you and I’m not at OD anymore. By talking that guy down doesn’t make you a better person that he is, If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not If they disrespect you, Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others. Have a nice day.

Well. The old guy started it. Seriously…..I know….but he did. When some stranger starts something with me, I’ll say something to end it. Then forget it and move on. According to NC’s post, I got the hint the guy was kinduva loudmouth and instigator a bit. Hopefully NC just said that make more money than you retort and left it at that.
But I agree. Nobody likes a braggart.

Well. The old guy started it. Seriously…..I know….but he did. When some stranger starts something with me, I’ll say something to end it. Then forget it and move on. According to NC’s post, I got the hint the guy was kinduva loudmouth and instigator a bit. Hopefully NC just said that make more money than you retort and left it at that.
Ok I didn’t see it that way. In that case definitely say something but not putting a person down because of it. If that was the case, then my apologies to NC for the misunderstanding.

I disagree, I liked Humphrey Brogart when he was in the movie, (Casterblanker)