Holland | No 34 hour restart

A good union man would follow the rules and never would go behind the rank and file calling dispatch for a restart. If you still have the desire to do a 34 hour restart may I suggest you go get a job with a scab outfit where you will fit right in.

What planet do you live on. If I recall I had Union Brothers vote not once but twice to reduce my pay and retirement pension. A good union brother would never vote to reduce a fellow Union Brothers pay and pension for for the benefit of himself. But that's right if they don't like it they can go work for a scab company. They probably should go work for a scab company because if they're doing the 34-hour restart it's because they want to work more. What a weird concept. I forget we're not the scab company because we have people beating down our doors to work here. This is why we will never get the 15% back. Our company and our Union can not change with the times.

Anyone who has ever been laid off for the winter knows exactly what planet I am on and why this rule is in place. As a union brother I hope you never experience what many of us suffered through year after year to get where we are. I am glad the company is finally keeping the few greedy ones from stealing work from junior men. Try working on a hog board for a while and you will get well educated.

Anyone who has ever been laid off for the winter knows exactly what planet I am on and why this rule is in place. As a union brother I hope you never experience what many of us suffered through year after year to get where we are. I am glad the company is finally keeping the few greedy ones from stealing work from junior men. Try working on a hog board for a while and you will get well educated.
Hog boards suck! Unless you have a lot of seniority....than they are the cat's pajama's!

What planet do you live on. If I recall I had Union Brothers vote not once but twice to reduce my pay and retirement pension. A good union brother would never vote to reduce a fellow Union Brothers pay and pension for for the benefit of himself. But that's right if they don't like it they can go work for a scab company. They probably should go work for a scab company because if they're doing the 34-hour restart it's because they want to work more. What a weird concept. I forget we're not the scab company because we have people beating down our doors to work here. This is why we will never get the 15% back. Our company and our Union can not change with the times.
Maybe we should start a list of all the guys that are known users of the 34 hour reset and then we can all shun them every time you see them out on the road! I have a fella at my barn that I would put on the top of the list and if I told you his name i bet half of the guys on here would know who I am talking about. If I told you a certain article of clothing he always wears it would probably be more than half.

I get the layoff thing. But this is 2017 not 2004. Last I checked we had problems hiring people. So to shun a guy because he wants to work is ridiculous. I'm betting everyone who has a problem with the restart never runs extra when they can. But what do I know I've only seen crst pulling yrc trailers. Heaven forbid yrc and union let's a union driver do a dot legal restart. I guess it's better with crst pulling our trailers than a union man on a restart.

I get the layoff thing. But this is 2017 not 2004. Last I checked we had problems hiring people. So to shun a guy because he wants to work is ridiculous. I'm betting everyone who has a problem with the restart never runs extra when they can. But what do I know I've only seen crst pulling yrc trailers. Heaven forbid yrc and union let's a union driver do a dot legal restart. I guess it's better with crst pulling our trailers than a union man on a restart.

No one laid off and we can't hire drivers, seems like a no brainer. Just look at it as volunteering for overtime, if you want it take it. Some that I hear complain are the ones that don't want anyone to have more than them.

I run extra not using the restart and I don’t too line my book. If you run it legal and central fails to look at your available hours they leave you in bed and you will make it all without time against 70. Like you you said were short drivers if you at least 5 hours they will likely run anyway to keep the freight moving. 34 actually IMO hurts you due when you wanna start running hard those zeros will hurt you somewhere during your week.

I run extra not using the restart and I don’t too line my book. If you run it legal and central fails to look at your available hours they leave you in bed and you will make it all without time against 70. Like you you said were short drivers if you at least 5 hours they will likely run anyway to keep the freight moving. 34 actually IMO hurts you due when you wanna start running hard those zeros will hurt you somewhere during your week.

That must be new math.

Is it a "Coop Dispatch Rules" t-shirt?
Maybe this one???
Oxv3pB2.jpg

Sorry not buying it. You obviously don't understand how a log book works with a rolling 70 verses restart. No way a a restart hurts you. Way more good comes out of a restart than rolling.