Yellow | No COLA For YRC Teamsters - How Members May be Affected

Paperboy

TB Lurker
Credits
No COLA For YRC Teamsters - How Members May be Affected

In the recent concessions made by Teamster employees at Yellow Roadway, the cost of living allowance was ruled out during negotiations between YRCW and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT).

If inflation or even worse, hyper inflation were to disrupt the US economy, this would be staggering to Teamster employees with no COLA built into the recent concessions. Union employees would be looking at an estimated $2,500.00 to $5,000.00 dollars a year in added living expenses if Bernanke's QE2 should fail and inflation were to kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course this is coming. Value of the dollar down, commodities up, oil started to go through the roof as soon as QE2 was talked about. Screwed again.

Excuse me but weren't COLAs eliminated in the first MOU?
Yes and original to end.....I don't even remember the end of the NMFA anymore. Now extended well past any projected recovery and will become much more of an issue than they were in the beginning.

Hell the way the Government figures the Consumer Price Index I dont think anyone will get a COLA anytime soon . Ask the people drawing Social Security.

Consumer Price Index - September 2010

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased
0.1 percent in September on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months,
the all items index increased 1.1 percent before seasonal adjustment.

From this link Consumer Price Index Summary

Plus this :

As a means for adjusting income payments. Over 2 million workers are covered by collective bargaining agreements which tie wages to the CPI. The index affects the income of almost 80 million people as a result of statutory action: 47.8 million Social Security beneficiaries, about 4.1 million military and Federal Civil Service retirees and survivors, and about 22.4 million food stamp recipients. Changes in the CPI also affect the cost of lunches for the 26.7 million children who eat lunch at school. Some private firms and individuals use the CPI to keep rents, royalties, alimony payments and child support payments in line with changing prices. Since 1985, the CPI has been used to adjust the Federal income tax structure to prevent inflation-induced increases in taxes.

From this link Consumer Price Indexes Overview

In the recent concessions made by Teamster employees at Yellow Roadway, the cost of living allowance was ruled out during negotiations between YRCW and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT).

If inflation or even worse, hyper inflation were to disrupt the US economy, this would be staggering to Teamster employees with no COLA built into the recent concessions. Union employees would be looking at an estimated $2,500.00 to $5,000.00 dollars a year in added living expenses if Bernanke's QE2 should fail and inflation were to kick in.

That really is the stupidest thing out of it all. Anyone with half brain fuction can see the writing on the wall with cola. The $ has lost 13-14% of its value since June and the estimate is another 20% with qe2. If that idiot bernenke says hes buying 600 billion treasury bonds and investing 2-300 more you can at least double that. Gold is at 1500 and silver is over 26, just wait to how high silver goes with the rico charges against j p morgan for manipulating the price because they've oversold.
Just take a look at food prices, especially grains with russia having halted all exports. When a country starts buying its own debt the hammer is getting pretty close to falling. Look at the stock market, its not going up because these companies are selling hand over fist. They made money for a while because they've cut jobs to the bone. Look at the latest quarterly reports, most profits are less then projected. Stocks are up because dollar is down, down, down and the fed is pumping money into it.
Theres not enough gold thats been mined since the begining of time to cover our debt. Its the ultimate ponzi scheme. You do know that money is just debt. You don't really think that banks loans are made with deposits they have! Its a sweet little deal that been going on since when money was gold and silver in the banksters vault. Did you know a 1913(the year the fed was created, the fed is a private bank, not the U.S. Treasury)dollar is worth 3 cents today. Probably not even that because thats from a year or so ago.

I can see why their removing all the Coca-Cola drinks and machines out of the YRCW terminals.

YouTube - Le secret de Coca Cola

YouTube - 2 women on coca-cola

YouTube - Subliminal Coca Cola message

:LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
That really is the stupidest thing out of it all. Anyone with half brain fuction can see the writing on the wall with cola. The $ has lost 13-14% of its value since June and the estimate is another 20% with qe2. If that idiot bernenke says hes buying 600 billion treasury bonds and investing 2-300 more you can at least double that. Gold is at 1500 and silver is over 26, just wait to how high silver goes with the rico charges against j p morgan for manipulating the price because they've oversold.
Just take a look at food prices, especially grains with russia having halted all exports. When a country starts buying its own debt the hammer is getting pretty close to falling. Look at the stock market, its not going up because these companies are selling hand over fist. They made money for a while because they've cut jobs to the bone. Look at the latest quarterly reports, most profits are less then projected. Stocks are up because dollar is down, down, down and the fed is pumping money into it.
Theres not enough gold thats been mined since the begining of time to cover our debt. Its the ultimate ponzi scheme. You do know that money is just debt. You don't really think that banks loans are made with deposits they have! Its a sweet little deal that been going on since when money was gold and silver in the banksters vault. Did you know a 1913(the year the fed was created, the fed is a private bank, not the U.S. Treasury)dollar is worth 3 cents today. Probably not even that because thats from a year or so ago.

Turboj, This is a great post and Glen Beck even talks about this...........I think I really need to invest in commodities because there will always be a need for food no matter what happens......The dollar will soon be worthless and that is what the Government wants so we can all be dependent with our worthless leadership......Believe me Brothers and Sisters this isnt far away.........WAKE UP AMERICA........NUFF SAID............:6817::6788::wtflol:

Turboj, This is a great post and Glen Beck even talks about this...........I think I really need to invest in commodities because there will always be a need for food no matter what happens......The dollar will soon be worthless and that is what the Government wants so we can all be dependent with our worthless leadership......Believe me Brothers and Sisters this isnt far away.........WAKE UP AMERICA........NUFF SAID............:6817::6788::wtflol:
I believe this was the one you are referring too.............

YouTube - Prediction for Collapse of US Dollar & One World Government

Obama wouldn't let taxes be raised on anyone making less than $250,000 a year, the government will just devalue the dollar thereby creating a hidden tax. The government will be able to afford your $1500 a month social security, because the $1500 is only worth $100 by the time you are old enough to draw it.