XPO | No economic ‘hurricane’ on horizon, XPO executives say

Top XPO Logistics Inc. executives have been telling investors over the past few weeks that they don’t share concerns that an economic “hurricane” is about to hit the U.S., saying they haven’t seen a dramatic decline in demand for the company’s services.

In one of the sessions, an XPO executive was asked why after spending four years acquiring and integrating 18 companies, it is selling or spinning off everything except its North American LTL business? The executive responded that XPO had “created a stock that relatively few investors were interested in” because it was a complex creature with many moving parts.

To earn Wall Street’s love, XPO began to shed virtually all of its assets, starting with its contract logistics business, now known as GXO Logistics Inc., (NYSE: GXO) which was spun off last summer. The company sold its intermodal business in March and has put its freight forwarding business up for sale. It will spin off its brokerage, final-mile and managed transportation operations by the end of 2021. It also plans at some point to sell or publicly list its European business.

It hasn’t helped much up to now. XPO shares, which traded at near $91 a share in mid-August, closed Wednesday at $45.70. Analysts, for their part, remain upbeat on the shares, with 12-month price targets in some cases of well over $100 a share.

From -
Freightwaves.com
Saw this when it came out. I have to ask why aren't writing article for places like OD and FedEx like this????
I alsays thought Freightwaves was a joke paper. It just tries to stir up :crap:

Heard Tim Staroba, east coast LTL VP was at you place and saw first hand what a 3% capital spending is doing from what I see when I VIA more like 0%. Did Sears get clean-up from the ceiling tile breaking on him. I sure there was plenty of soap and paper towel to add in his clean up.
It is funny though when they say they have a hard time hiring people and all you have to ask is....What have you done to improve the working condition here at____, fill in with SIC code. Like dock door curtians or bumper to help with the cold, or ceiling fans for the summer
No Staroba was not here . Mike Esposito and Paul Frayer we’re here . Don’t know what they were here for because I was out on the road when they were here . I assume they were taking the union support temp once again .
What your seeing is what happens when you don’t try to hire anyone for the last 2 years + . We are down 20 drivers . Won’t get better till we get more.

Saw this when it came out. I have to ask why aren't writing article for places like OD and FedEx like this????
I alsays thought Freightwaves was a joke paper. It just tries to stir up :crap:
Because they run way better and their not someone’s personal investment. Their company’s that are interested in being good trucking companies that make money over the long term .

No Staroba was not here . Mike Esposito and Paul Frayer we’re here . Don’t know what they were here for because I was out on the road when they were here . I assume they were taking the union support temp once again .
What your seeing is what happens when you don’t try to hire anyone for the last 2 years + . We are down 20 drivers . Won’t get better till we get more.
Then my Info was not correct. Heard it through the LH grape vine. Thank for the correction

Heard Tim Staroba, east coast LTL VP was at you place and saw first hand what a 3% capital spending is doing from what I see when I VIA more like 0%. Did Sears get clean-up from the ceiling tile breaking on him. I sure there was plenty of soap and paper towel to add in his clean up.
It is funny though when they say they have a hard time hiring people and all you have to ask is....What have you done to improve the working condition here at____, fill in with SIC code. Like dock door curtians or bumper to help with the cold, or ceiling fans for the summer
Sears has his hands tied by the top brass and the union busters . Simple as that.