TForce | No inward facing cameras. At least for now..

Any camera can be a serious liability to the company.
A few years back they told all drivers that they can not use any type of video recording device on property or in the truck.
I took a pic of a supervisor on a forklift while p d drivers were at home, was politely told one more time and you will be terminated.

Someone from fleet activated the inward camera on new trucks, I was told a grievance was filed, and the union was in contact with labor about this clear violation of signed letter of agreement.
I heard a driver in HRS , not sure what terminal he was from saying his tm had a discussion with him about following too closely and over speed down hill info sent in from new camera. It’s bullshit if you ask me , if a driver has a clean driving record and no incidents we don’t need cameras counting following distance seconds.

Time to go! I've made my point very clear on other post. Cameras are designed to FIRE clean record, accident free, hard working drivers.
The contract is clear, camera's can not be used used for discipline. Now harassment, that's another story.
All the current management is UPS, they still think there is this giant company that is gonna bail them out.
The roles have flipped in actuality. What was 3% of UPS is now 44% of trans force.
We are now the largest asset of this corporation, if management screws this up, they really hurt the companies bottom line.
Wasting time with worthless harassment, just hurts profits.
The learning curve will be steep.

Last edited:
Time to go! I've made my point very clear on other post. Cameras are designed to FIRE clean record, accident free, hard working drivers.
The contract is clear, camera's can not be used used for discipline. Now harassment, that's another story.
All the current management is UPS, they still think there is this giant company that is gonna bail them out.
The roles have flipped in actuality. What was 3% of UPS is now 44% of trans force.
We are now the largest asset of this corporation, if management screws this up, they really hurt the companies bottom line.
Wasting time with worthless harassment, just hurts profits.
The learning curve will be steep.
What page is that on?

I heard a driver in HRS , not sure what terminal he was from saying his tm had a discussion with him about following too closely and over speed down hill info sent in from new camera. It’s ******** if you ask me , if a driver has a clean driving record and no incidents we don’t need cameras counting following distance seconds.
Took all road drivers in the office in sbr and showed them the home movies of all the stuff they did wrong that night...following too close...speeding...speeding on off ramps...good times..

Took all road drivers in the office in sbr and showed them the home movies of all the stuff they did wrong that night...following too close...speeding...speeding on off ramps...good times..
And did this all on the clock! Great use of company profits, especially since none of it can ever be used to discipline.

Most of what operations tells management to do as far as discipline, never amounts to anything.
I have seen it hundreds of times, worthless threats, warning letters, and when it goes to labor, it goes nowhere, because it violated the contract.

Last edited:
That’s not a good sign, and I have to scroll through the comments but I don’t know why someone would imply that I was gullible and believing that people were being critiqued for their driving via the camera. That’s actually pretty standard I just don’t want to be part of it

That’s not a good sign, and I have to scroll through the comments but I don’t know why someone would imply that I was gullible and believing that people were being critiqued for their driving via the camera. That’s actually pretty standard I just don’t want to be part of it
Critiqued is allowed, discipline is not. Interesting to see how this plays out.
If it is used as a "training and awareness" campaign, it will be difficult to contest.
Big Brother is watching.

I heard a driver in HRS , not sure what terminal he was from saying his tm had a discussion with him about following too closely and over speed down hill info sent in from new camera. It’s ******** if you ask me , if a driver has a clean driving record and no incidents we don’t need cameras counting following distance seconds.
Hrs driver fired for covering the camera...they hit the rewind button and watched him cover it with tape...(outside camera...

Hrs driver fired for covering the camera...they hit the rewind button and watched him cover it with tape...(outside camera...
Tampering with a safety device is up there with fightin' and stealin'. Hard to defend against those.
Could be an interesting case, can't be disciplined by electronic means only, "no discipline by camera including forward facing".
It's a new day around this business, glad I'm on my way out....

Tampering with a safety device is up there with fightin' and stealin'. Hard to defend against those.
Could be an interesting case, can't be disciplined by electronic means only, "no discipline by camera including forward facing".
It's a new day around this business, glad I'm on my way out....
Driver will get job back. A camera is not a safety device, it's a monitor.