TForce | No inward facing cameras. At least for now..

Tampering with a safety device is up there with fightin' and stealin'. Hard to defend against those.
Could be an interesting case, can't be disciplined by electronic means only, "no discipline by camera including forward facing".
It's a new day around this business, glad I'm on my way out....
I know times have changed since my working days, but a good B A should get the man's job back.
We had a line driver run into the back of one of our city trucks and total the tractor.
Less than two weeks, he had a trailer cut in half by a train on 23 below Greenville S C which was posted off route for us.
He got a 30-day suspension
A good B A can make some sweetheart deals.

I know times have changed since my working days, but a good B A should get the man's job back.
We had a line driver run into the back of one of our city trucks and total the tractor.
Less than two weeks, he had a trailer cut in half by a train on 23 below Greenville S C which was posted off route for us.
He got a 30-day suspension
A good B A can make some sweetheart deals.
Agreed, he might get his job back. There was team out of GAF several years ago that disabled the warning system, 1 came back, not the other one.
A good B A does make a difference, usually they bring you back after several weeks of no income just to prove a point. Kind of like paying a fine if you will. Depends on who it is too.
This new tech crap is pretty accurate. I've seen some of the printouts, GPS overlay on a map, gets pretty close. A long way ahead of the old Sangamo Tachograph...

Agreed, he might get his job back. There was team out of GAF several years ago that disabled the warning system, 1 came back, not the other one.
A good B A does make a difference, usually they bring you back after several weeks of no income just to prove a point. Kind of like paying a fine if you will. Depends on who it is too.
This new tech crap is pretty accurate. I've seen some of the printouts, GPS overlay on a map, gets pretty close. A long way ahead of the old Sangamo Tachograph...
For sure.
Back in the 50s, we ran two sleepers out of Charl that had the old Tachs, but Ryder never put discs in them.

To a qualified experienced driver all that **** is nothing but a distraction.
I'm not justifying it. I'm clarifying it, as a couple others have, that it IS a safety device. And as others have also chimed in, disabling a safety device is up there with stealing time, lying and deceit.

One of the benefits that camera's have brought to trucking is the reversal of the "it's always the truckers fault". Remember when they use to preach that truck related accidents were 90% the truckers fault? Guess what cameras reveal. Just about the opposite.

If you are afraid of cameras, don't work for Swift or other newbie hire companies. I've seen Swifts 4 camera setup. Lot's of videos on YouTube with the footage.

I'm not an old timer, but with 21 years of driving experience I have seen many changes.

You either learn to adapt to the changes, or you just may find yourself unemployable. Perhaps, as an old timer, you'll have the option to retire before then.

What's that expression? You can't teach an old dog new tricks???

On a related note, this tends to support i've been saying concerning termnals; Every terminal is different. We have safety devices disabled (not by me), and no-one seems to give a plop.

NOTE: i AM NOT saying it's ok to disable a safety device, i am merely saying that some devices have been disabled at certain teminal(s), and no-one cares.

Did you leave the mirrors intact?
Glad you asked.
Our first fender mirrors came on B model Macks.
The big safety from Jax, said the next truck that comes on the yard with the mirror aimed at the stack, "there's going to be hell to pay"
"We didn't put those things there to watch" smoke.
I can't believe a driver would be guilty of that infraction!

Glad you asked.
The big safety from Jax, said the next truck that comes on the yard with the mirror aimed at the stack, "there's going to be hell to pay"
"We didn't put those things there to watch" smoke.
I can't believe a driver would be guilty of that infraction

Glad you asked.
driver could write it -up fender mirror not secure ..i can only look at the stack ..would cover his azz

driver could write it -up fender mirror not secure ..i can only look at the stack ..would cover his azz
Good idea, but not being a smoke watcher, I was a company man.
If I got a truck with excessive smoke, I'd take it to the shop and tell them to cut the fuel back on this unit, it pulls too good.
All the other drivers loved me and lived happily ever after!
A lot of the newer guys have never seen a foot of flame from the stack on one of the old 673s.

We had a driver who was a "part-time" fuel pump mechanic. On the old Mack's it wasn't very difficult to "put the screws to 'er", he could work the seal and it stayed intact somehow. At one point Mack put breakaway screws in the governor cover ending his career. Back to the vice grips and AT fluid...

Incorrect.... The truck uses the forward facing camera not only for monitoring, but also as the lane departure device. Thus, it is a safety device.
Does the camera drive the truck? Because those lane departure devices aren't worth ::shit:: on many roads.
I challenge anyone to follow them 100%, you will side swipe multiple times in a day.
If that is a safety device, it isn't safe.
Either way the guy will get his job back.
I drive the truck, not a monitor, or someone in an office somewhere.

Does the camera drive the truck? Because those lane departure devices aren't worth **** on many roads.
I challenge anyone to follow them 100%, you will side swipe multiple times in a day.
If that is a safety device, it isn't safe.
Either way the guy will get his job back.
I drive the truck, not a monitor, or someone in an office somewhere.

20211019_143942.md.jpg 20211019_143827.md.jpg

This was in 2013. Fuel truck driver tries to hide from camera with wallet placed on dash. To hide the fact he was chatting on facebook. Runs over state trooper, kills someone. Charged with murder.

Technology (cellphones) and the new breed of so called drivers brought this upon us.

This was in 2013. Fuel truck driver tries to hide from camera with wallet placed on dash. To hide the fact he was chatting on facebook. Runs over state trooper, kills someone. Charged with murder.

Technology (cellphones) and the new breed of so called drivers brought this upon us.
Everyone suffers because a few idiots.