Central Transport | No more Haz-mat?????

mrdlg2u

TB Lurker
Credits
I am not a driver, I am a traffic manager. We ship lots of haz-mat

I was told by a customer of ours that Vitran will not be shipping haz-mat anymore (1.3c explosives )
our local terminal is still taking our pickups, but I know of other places that are getting refused...
I don't want to throw up any red flags at my place....but I need to know if this is going to be nation wide??

That would be a question for the safety director J.C. email him and see if the Haz-Mat certificate is current to haul 1.3c. If we are good I can’t see the reason why you would refuse to make the pick up.

I am not a driver, I am a traffic manager. We ship lots of haz-mat

I was told by a customer of ours that Vitran will not be shipping haz-mat anymore (1.3c explosives )
our local terminal is still taking our pickups, but I know of other places that are getting refused...
I don't want to throw up any red flags at my place....but I need to know if this is going to be nation wide??

If you are a traffic manager, shouldnt you know?

PJAX never hauled fireworks. Now that PJAX runs the whole show, would make sense they are cutting a high claim low revenue freight class such as Fireworks (1.3).

yea pjax did haul fireworks .. i know grand rapids has been shipping fireworks for years . i got a dot inspection in michigan 4 years ago hauling explosives out of grand rapids . ive had explosive placards plenty of times in 6 years working here