Yellow | No More Holland Executives

We currently have 4 presidents I think it's going to be trimmed down 1 eventually.
Quite possibly 1 payroll department and 1 human resource department as well.
With the LTL part of the economy being slower, causing a lower daily bill count, and lower gross revenue, they need to trim excess costs to maybe show a 4th quarter profit....

‘They’ are grabbing at straws. ‘They’ have no clue how to compete in this evolving industry.

We are not innovative. We are reactive, sometimes; not proactive.

We are a conundrum of epic proportions.
That's a truly epic statement.

We are using Holland's dispatch system now plus everything goes through CDO. Supervisors can't just change dispatches anymore like they used too.

Don't worry, this thread will go to the coop dispatch bullshit like all others and you guys won't have to worry about it. Just laugh it all away.

Hawkins did say they recognized the value of having 4 brands for their costomers.
He also said this was a 5 year plan.
Personally, at this point I don't really see a big difference ( like I used to) in the brands.
It's not like the customers are choosing between paper cups, paper plates,paper towels and straws.We all pick up and deliver freight.
I think the 1 and 2 day regionals concept can be accomplished as well as the long haul with one network. FED EX and OD do it.

With the LTL part of the economy being slower, causing a lower daily bill count, and lower gross revenue, they need to trim excess costs to maybe show a 4th quarter profit....

They lost over 20 million in the 2nd quarter this year.Im going to be very concerned if they don't make money in Q3. If they can't make it in Q2 and Q3 Q4 and Q1 will be disastrous.

One of the big points they laid out to shareholders in their plan was the use of straight trucks.
We have been begging for an additional straight truck in Atlanta for 10 years. We've only had two unless 1 was in the shop.They would get so far behind they would contract it out.

Now the brainiacs get 3 more and tell us they can't hire anyone with even a class B.
They hired a couple kids with zero freight experience. Then their brainiac plan is to keep them within 25 miles of the terminal, fill them up and have them come back and get filled up again.
Problem is the 2nd guy that got hired took 8 hours to get off 4 stops and brought the rest back.
In addition this wouldn't do anything to help returns out anyway. It could help route drivers out considerably if we used those straight in the proper way but not hog trying them to 25 mile radius when we drive 100 mile radius.
I told them to hire the guys doing air freight 10 miles from our terminal.There are thousands of them at Atlanta Airport right down the road with freight experience and liftgate experience but they won't hire them because they have a class B.
They abolished the 2 new straight truck bids and put the drivers on dock and we now have 3 straight trucks sitting in the yard and they WILL NOT let our guys in them because they have a
class A. I try to be positive and thankful but unless they hold accountable the people with their straight truck salvation plan and change it immediately it's hard to have faith in them going forward.

Moving freight is just to much of a hassle for these executives.

The Executive Board Of YRCW shows a small profit by selling off real estate every once in awhile or less of a loss in a particular quarter from the same quarter in the previous year. They celebrate their genius by taking bonuses and then move onto jobs at other companies.

The problem now is they are running out of available real estate to sell so they need to create some. Merge some terminals sell the property, and along with it this time cut a bunch of staff.

Should rebrand as YRCW REALTY CO.

They lost over 20 million in the 2nd quarter this year.Im going to be very concerned if they don't make money in Q3. If they can't make it in Q2 and Q3 Q4 and Q1 will be disastrous.

One of the big points they laid out to shareholders in their plan was the use of straight trucks.
We have been begging for an additional straight truck in Atlanta for 10 years. We've only had two unless 1 was in the shop.They would get so far behind they would contract it out.

Now the brainiacs get 3 more and tell us they can't hire anyone with even a class B.
They hired a couple kids with zero freight experience. Then their brainiac plan is to keep them within 25 miles of the terminal, fill them up and have them come back and get filled up again.
Problem is the 2nd guy that got hired took 8 hours to get off 4 stops and brought the rest back.
In addition this wouldn't do anything to help returns out anyway. It could help route drivers out considerably if we used those straight in the proper way but not hog trying them to 25 mile radius when we drive 100 mile radius.
I told them to hire the guys doing air freight 10 miles from our terminal.There are thousands of them at Atlanta Airport right down the road with freight experience and liftgate experience but they won't hire them because they have a class B.
They abolished the 2 new straight truck bids and put the drivers on dock and we now have 3 straight trucks sitting in the yard and they WILL NOT let our guys in them because they have a
class A. I try to be positive and thankful but unless they hold accountable the people with their straight truck salvation plan and change it immediately it's hard to have faith in them going forward.
Not sure F,but what starting wage does yrc pay a straight truck driver? Air freight guys. Do you happen to know about what they make? Thx

Not sure F,but what starting wage does yrc pay a straight truck driver? Air freight guys. Do you happen to know about what they make? Thx
I'd have to look back at our new contract but Ione of them said it was 18 something per hour.
They end up making 2 bucks less per hour than us with same insurance and pension.
Most of the people running air freight make between 13 and 16 bucks per hour.

I'd have to look back at our new contract but Ione of them said it was 18 something per hour.
They end up making 2 bucks less per hour than us with same insurance and pension.
Well,the starting wage is part of the problem,in my opinion. I see ads in the papers up here for temp,and seasonal class A drivers,$20 per hour,and they can’t fill them.