SAIA | no more overtime??? no raise????

craigie

TB Lurker
Credits
Okay here we go again heard from a linehaul driver last night that after this quarter overtime pay will be gone and no raise will be given this year!!!!!!!!:stirthepot:

In calif. we have labor laws to protect you,I dont no about other states....:shades:

The Wage and Labor Board in NC says that if the name of the company includes "trucking", "transportation", "truck lines" or MANY OTHER words pertaining to moving freight, labor laws do not hold water. It will take a large team of lawyers to accomplish any thing positive.

Okay here we go again heard from a linehaul driver last night that after this quarter overtime pay will be gone and no raise will be given this year!!!!!!!!:stirthepot:

Those of us on line haul don't get overtime anyway. If there is a raise we'll just get back the 5% we lost, so i guess there is no raise. If what was said is true.

Not allowing overtime will make life in city dispatch real interesting.

Imagine a driver at the end of the workweek on a two hour peddle run holding a half dozen pickup calls, three or four deliveries, and down to his last two hours of the 40. What to do?

Or does this mean all time is straight time no matter how many hours are worked? There's a real motivator to improve service! That will mean the city could work up to 70 hours per week with no overtime. I can just see the accident rate skyrocketing.

Not allowing overtime will make life in city dispatch real interesting.

Imagine a driver at the end of the workweek on a two hour peddle run holding a half dozen pickup calls, three or four deliveries, and down to his last two hours of the 40. What to do?

Or does this mean all time is straight time no matter how many hours are worked? There's a real motivator to improve service! That will mean the city could work up to 70 hours per week with no overtime. I can just see the accident rate skyrocketing.

We were strait time at Jevic. but we did make more to start with. I guess you just have to remember the old line " never count on overtime in your budget"

When I started I was in the city. I hated seeing overtime pay come into play because I ended up making less money in the long run. They hired drivers to try to prevent anyone from getting OT so we got our hours cut. I was running 60 hours on straight time making reaaly good money to barely making 40 hours and only hitting OT when someone was out. Keep the OT, don't hire another useless POS and give me my hours back. I'll work some of yours too if you like.

sorry guys no more getting paid overtime after 45 is what the guy had told me so all straight time is what we would be looking at. I work the city 55 to 60 plus hours a week yea I love the overtime, u take it away its gonna be some pissed off drivers!!! as of today the guys I know are making more than last year and we make less, why because of overtime and more hours, I hope we can keep it we all have families to provide for!!!:nutkick:

sorry guys no more getting paid overtime after 45 is what the guy had told me so all straight time is what we would be looking at. I work the city 55 to 60 plus hours a week yea I love the overtime, u take it away its gonna be some pissed off drivers!!! as of today the guys I know are making more than last year and we make less, why because of overtime and more hours, I hope we can keep it we all have families to provide for!!!:nutkick:

what guy told you of this overtime scenario anyway?

:biglaugh:Most of us are. But I haven't heard anything about it. Not expecting a raise anyway. ::shit::

No we arn't getting a raise until we actually make money..... Can't make money until we start working together instead of against eachother, drivers set the environtment, don't let stuff get to you, do your job and do it well, get paid good and go home, we will overcome this problem with the economy and the ones that don't complain will survive. :clap:

Agreed!!!! Management also needs to get on the same line as the drivers as well. I also love kicking dead horses.:nutkick:

The lower management can't do anything when the higher ups think that the company can work the same amount of bills with 30% less workforce then we had 3 years ago. We have to do what we can to survive, but just like the old saying, you have to spend money to make money. Invest in some more equipment and more drivers, get the freight picked up and get the freight delivered, stop the returns and the missed P/U on the city side, and stop leaving freight sit at the breaks because we don't have the man power to move it. Management just needs to wake up and look at the big picture of the future, not hang on day by day.