Estes | No more staying in bunkroom if you live over 50 miles

Because of this stupid re-rebid, i lost my run to a douchebag driver that wanted extraboard in the beginning, but decided he wnted my run...this guy lives the dame distance away from home, yet "rumor" is he is going to stay in the motel (out of his own pocket) 2-3 nights a week... WTF, I drove back and forth everyday...Just a small taste of the great drivers we have in this company...No wonder I always wanna kick somebodies *** all the time...OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSS! Gotta take my happy pills!!

Just to remind those who don't understand the 50 mile away policy. This applies to extra board drivers who live 50 or more miles away and are returned to there home terminal during the week then they can stay in the bunk room. NO SCHEDULED DRIVERS AT ANY TIME!!!!!!!!! be lucky you have a job C.R./ E.S./ P.M. and quit complaining.
Be happy to have a job...Really...Sounds like upper management in here!!!! Just Kidding!!!:biglaugh:!

No driver can stay in the bunkroom extra board or not letter came down from jj and d.s./d.d. Started all of this and they have ruined it for the whole company don't be spreading rumors that you know nothing about, just worry about yourself and don't be getting into other people business, better yet since herc33 seems to know everything why don't you ask what is going on b4 you run your mouth about whats going on, oh i forgot you've got you have no *&*(&(&^*&^

No driver can stay in the bunkroom extra board or not letter came down from jj and d.s./d.d. Started all of this and they have ruined it for the whole company don't be spreading rumors that you know nothing about, just worry about yourself and don't be getting into other people business, better yet since herc33 seems to know everything why don't you ask what is going on b4 you run your mouth about whats going on, oh i forgot you've got you have no *&*(&(&^*&^

To whom are you referring?

Because of this stupid re-rebid, i lost my run to a douchebag driver that wanted extraboard in the beginning, but decided he wnted my run...this guy lives the dame distance away from home, yet "rumor" is he is going to stay in the motel (out of his own pocket) 2-3 nights a week... WTF, I drove back and forth everyday...Just a small taste of the great drivers we have in this company...No wonder I always wanna kick somebodies *** all the time...OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSS! Gotta take my happy pills!!

first of all the re-bid was not stupid, it was a chance for those of us who lost our runs to get back on a scheduled run after all seniority should have some priviledge. Secondly, if this guy stays in a motel and pays for it out of his own pocket why the hell should you care or even be concerned? Some of us do not take a schedule just to be home everyday but we do it knowing we can be home if need be, taking a schedule run allows us to know what we are going to do each week and what we are going to make and it makes bugeting household expenses easier which is not always possible with the uncertainty of the extraboard. If you think drivers are a**holes just because you lost your run to someone with lindhaul seniority over you then you need to take a long hard look at yourself, and YES we do have great drivers at this company, for the most part. NOw get your pacifier and blankie and stop whinning.

I don't know if we will ever get to the bottom of this delema..Everything so sketchy.. Everyone knows how the bid process works..Seniority first,then it goes down the pole..If they cannot except this,then I really don't know what else to say..It's a standard bidding process..Every freight line does it this way..At certain terminals,drivers got away with anything they wanted to do..Now,they can't...The "buddy system" is just about over..So those that were on it,well,good luck to ya..The only bad thing I can see that will come out of people being upset about the bidding,is "the rats" will emerge..You know those people..The kind that are not happy with what they have,and start running to the TM getting drivers pulled in on the carpet..I really do hope this does not happen..But in certain places,it will..

i don't know if i agree. to be honest everyone at my terminal was a hub except the extraboard and one linehaul (so 4 hub, 3 linehaul). When rebids happened they turned everything into linehaul basically (5 linehaul, 1 hub). the number 1 hub guy kept his hub run, everyone else fell behind these extraboard drivers that said they wanted nothing but extraboard and then bid a scheduled run. now i have been there 4 months losing a run being forced to extraboard when i came to estes with the lifetime bid as a selling point.

that isn't the bad part in my eyes. the bad thing i see is that the hub driver stayed hub, and another driver didn't want to ruin his family by going extraboard. this puts me number 4 in linehaul seniority simply because i chose extraboard, and being that any runs that open up are probably going to be linehaul, i have been with the company 4 months and 2 guys that came when the terminal opened up (2 years or so) are now below me when it comes to rebids. am i happy? sure it benefits me. but it is total crap.

i know this is completely off topic but throwing in my $.02 on another comment.

i don't know if i agree. to be honest everyone at my terminal was a hub except the extraboard and one linehaul (so 4 hub, 3 linehaul). When rebids happened they turned everything into linehaul basically (5 linehaul, 1 hub). the number 1 hub guy kept his hub run, everyone else fell behind these extraboard drivers that said they wanted nothing but extraboard and then bid a scheduled run. now i have been there 4 months losing a run being forced to extraboard when i came to estes with the lifetime bid as a selling point.

that isn't the bad part in my eyes. the bad thing i see is that the hub driver stayed hub, and another driver didn't want to ruin his family by going extraboard. this puts me number 4 in linehaul seniority simply because i chose extraboard, and being that any runs that open up are probably going to be linehaul, i have been with the company 4 months and 2 guys that came when the terminal opened up (2 years or so) are now below me when it comes to rebids. am i happy? sure it benefits me. but it is total crap.

i know this is completely off topic but throwing in my $.02 on another comment.

Believe me when I say,I feel for you FrkyBgStok..When I was hired over 10 years ago,that's the way it was then..I kinda scratched my head at that situation too..I had never been with a freight line that DIDN'T bid by seniority,every year..I said then,just like I said 4 months ago when all this come about.."This is going to cause problems"..Because no one that had worked for Estes,with any time,had ever been through this..If the way they are doing it now,was the way they were doing it all along,there would be no problems..I don't really know what the answer is,bud..When all this,is a part of the way things are done,a year or two from now,maybe everything will work itself out..