TForce | No More Sunday Runs!!

Browne1

TB Lurker
Credits
So guys it finally happened, no more Sunday extra runs as of yesterday. Anybody run extra yesterday?

I know what thet are trying to do, eliminate running so many empty miles. But are they going to use owner operators to do what should be our work? Or is this going to open up more Saturday runs? Everyone's thoughts are welcome!!

Browne1 said:
So guys it finally happened, no more Sunday extra runs as of yesterday. Anybody run extra yesterday?

I know what thet are trying to do, eliminate running so many empty miles. But are they going to use owner operators to do what should be our work? Or is this going to open up more Saturday runs? Everyone's thoughts are welcome!!
I would not expect anything to change as "O" did this every year at slow time. And yes you are right. They are trying to eliminate so many empty miles. They will make do as they always have. If they have to they will make exceptions. If they have to they will run city men out during the day on Monday to get the freight. And if they have to they will cut line men on Monday night. I have seen this happen over and over again at this time of the year. My problem is that they don't ask the line men if they want to run a day time turn on Monday. And after sending a couple of city men out during the day on Monday, Then Monday night they realize that there is not enough freight to come home with so they cut the last few road drivers. This doe's not effect me as I have enough seniority. But it burns me up to see this happen.

Browne1 said:

I don't work for Big Brown ,but for years they've been a 6 day a week operation some Tues-Sat or Sun-Thur.But as I remember UPS doesn't run for the most part on Sundays .
Hope that helps.

webidiot said:
now if we could just get rid of the runs on sat, mon, tue, wed, thru and friday everything would be ok......works for me..
I'm cool with that if we could still get paid. That would be the perfect job. To do nothing and still get paid...LOL