Estes | No more utility classification?

drummerforhire

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
So all utility drivers at my barn have been moved to extraboard. Now there's apparently a new classification called "combo driver." I don't know much about it, but it appears to be nearly identical to the old utility classification.

Does anyone know what's up with this? They're being real quiet at my barn.

All utility drivers will be moved to the city or extraboard.. If they are moved to the city, a couple of them will be assigned to cover hub and linehaul vacations and days off... These guys/gals will be known as "combo drivers".....

also the mentioning of putting the "greenboard" class back into play, which got my attention

also the mentioning of putting the "greenboard" class back into play, which got my attention

They are just tearing Juniors company apart.. He said there would never be a "green board" driver ever again...

BTW.. Did you just get back from your cruise?

last week. I'm still trying to recover from it.

I know what ya sayin'.. Me and the missus are going again in May or June.. Carnival is bringing The Dream to New Orleans next month... Thinking about the 7 Day, Key West/Nassua/an done more,can't remember where though...

I know what ya sayin'.. Me and the missus are going again in May or June.. Carnival is bringing The Dream to New Orleans next month... Thinking about the 7 Day, Key West/Nassua/an done more,can't remember where though...

They've been having bad luck with the victory. I stayed on the paradise this time. This pic was taken in cozumel around 5 pm est the day before the 6 year old drown. The victory is also the same ship the 41 year old drown on last year.
27h0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Starks right if your at a small term. I would think about it, if your at a small term anywhere near a big term they will just run you empty.I ran it for awhile its really not bad at least your home at least one time during the week.

If I went back to Estes I would work out of 138 MSP. My dad is a linehaul driver there. He said there might be a hub run opening in january. A laydown hub run

Combo driver

So all utility drivers at my barn have been moved to extraboard. Now there's apparently a new classification called "combo driver." I don't know much about it, but it appears to be nearly identical to the old utility classification.

We were told at our barn u would work dock with outbound/hub if there are any extra loads then u would run them and you are controlled by your term not by line haul/central suppose to be out and right back

Combo driver

We were told at our barn u would work dock with outbound/hub if there are any extra loads then u would run them and you are controlled by your term not by line haul/central suppose to be out and right back