No Thanks

Im soooo glad i no longer work for that ungrateful company,the crap that they would put you thru was beyond reason i only hope for the rest of you that find the energy to put up with it all the best in future contract's.And if you do happen to leave via on your own will or let go their is a silver linning beyond oak harbor's gate's.

Well good for you. I am loyal hard working and I am happy with both my bosses Dave and Ed. I enjoy working for Oak Harbor. :butt kiss:

re: tard

Well good for you. I am loyal hard working and I am happy with both my bosses Dave and Ed. I enjoy working for Oak Harbor. :butt kiss:

Why? why!? Do you love your bosses Dave and Ed? I am so sick of your bs 2 sentence responses do you exist in a vacuum or some kind of parallel universe where down is up, and up is down? I'll say it again, (and not for the first time) Ed and Dave your heroes, they don't care about you bud, at all. If you got into a terrible crash and you body was burning on the five o' clock news, they'd be like "damn our truck is on fire!".

Thats no joke, its the honest truth, why don't you stop worrying for them, and start looking out for yourself and your co-workers! It seems to me that maybe you are very young, or maybe you are a little on the slow side. But brother believe me the world is out to take what little we have, and we must to stick together to keep it. Brown nosing, the management is not going to get you anywhere, actually I forgot this is Oak Harbor you probably have a promotion on the way. You have all the markings of a typical OHFL management candidate; slow, ignorant and naively loyal.

good luck!

Sounds like an ex-terminal manager now turned sales manager.I notice how he never makes light of the exodus of employees that seems to be happening in Pdx.First the linehaul steward,then his wife,and I just heard some other girl in the office walked out? Yeah things are good! Me personally i'm a short timer,I would love to walk out.Hell, I just might.

Sounds like an ex-terminal manager now turned sales manager.I notice how he never makes light of the exodus of employees that seems to be happening in Pdx.First the linehaul steward,then his wife,and I just heard some other girl in the office walked out? Yeah things are good! Me personally i'm a short timer,I would love to walk out.Hell, I just might.

Just remember to call in sick for a week or two before you go, as to use all your PTO, and leave them nothing to withhold from your check.

No, that is standard OTR pay. The major companies covered under the agreement are Roadway, Yellow, ABF and there are other smaller companies.
The above listed companies will all be gone in under 10 years,with blame both to management and the union. I personaly think that will be a bad day for anyone employed by an ltl company. I do not dislike the unions,but their GREED is no different than the greed they point out in management. GM,Ford,and Chevy all tack on several thousand dollars to each unit that rolls off the assembly line to pay for UAW pensions,which puts them at a tremendous disadvantage against the competition. Plenty of blame to spread around.......:bananalama:

Many have put their foot in their mouth for attempting to predict the future. Several people predicted the downfall of these company's after deregulation. A change in the political landscape of this country could put these companys at a great advantage if certain legislature is passed such as Free Choice Act and the NRLB's re-classification of Fed-Ex you don't know what will happen so don't claim you do.

All we can do as union drivers is try to save the last bit of respect drivers have left, and continue to carry non-union ltl on our backs until people see the light.

All we can do as union drivers is try to save the last bit of respect drivers have left, and continue to carry non-union ltl on our backs until people see the light.

Hi silvertooth:smilie_132:

It gets old when some of these guys don't understand that we deserve more.

Big Robb:1036316054:

true, true, true

you,must be someone that expects to be paid a decent wage,just because you did not have the backing or the balls to start your own co. and everybody owes you something? that that has to do with why people like myself ,who work their *** off,and are proud of what they do,for what they are being paid,and agreed to their pay when hired,can not understand why?

Sure, I understand. More than you know. It is good to take pride in what you do. :) Have a great day.:smilie_132:

you,must be someone that expects to be paid a decent wage,just because you did not have the backing or the balls to start your own co. and everybody owes you something? that that has to do with why people like myself ,who work their *** off,and are proud of what they do,for what they are being paid,and agreed to their pay when hired,can not understand why?

Like this?

Is a CEO worth 364 times an average Joe? - MSN Money

How is that fair "guerilla"? I can't see how that is fair to the people who make a company- you know THE EMPLOYEES

We work for union employers, every so many years we re-negotiate our wages. As the cost of living rises, the price our company charges our customers increases, and we expect to be compensated accordingly. I work for a great company and we are treated excellently I have very few complaints, however, this company does not treat people right, thats why if you read through these pages you will see employee after employee complaining about this company. It's a good thing, it lets the company know that they are doing something wrong, it lets prospective employees that come here for advise think twice about wasting their time.

If you have a problem with collective bargaining, you should know that Estes would be paying you ten bucks an hour if nobody stood up for themselves. You can live in ignorance I suppose, but if you ever bump your head and all of a sudden begin to have a grasp on reality thank a Teamster.

“I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.”~Jimmy Hoffa

Like this?

Is a CEO worth 364 times an average Joe? - MSN Money

How is that fair "guerilla"? I can't see how that is fair to the people who make a company- you know THE EMPLOYEES

Good stuff guys and I enjoyed reading your posts too.

Also, people should see exactly what "AT-WILL" employee really means and how it made it here in our law today.

Example, if your boss said to today, your fired because your mom is ugly. That would be mean but perfectly LEGAL! Just not always about money sometimes either.

Again, great posts in here, take care. :1036316054: