Yellow | No Voters

Being as your a newbie, I’ll first welcome you to TB.

My first piece of advice, don’t talk out of the wrong hole.

You have no idea.
Yes newbie to TB, but with Reddaway (keeping you guys afloat) since 2003. So yes I have a perfectly good idea of what the last 10-11 years of what this contract has been. But go ahead and keep believing you got the best you could get. You have been brainwashed and bullied into believing that YRC would close up shop if you would of voted NO. Like most of your comrades said you never accept the first offer..... duh!

I was a "no," but I'll continue an honest days work. Don't you guys understand that you're not hurting the company playing vindictive little games rather your coworkers.

Yeah, an honest days work for a DISHONEST days pay. You guys let the Teamsters and company walk all over you. You're at basically a dollar raise from where you were in 2007.

Yes newbie to TB, but with Reddaway (keeping you guys afloat) since 2003. So yes I have a perfectly good idea of what the last 10-11 years of what this contract has been. But go ahead and keep believing you got the best you could get. You have been brainwashed and bullied into believing that YRC would close up shop if you would of voted NO. Like most of your comrades said you never accept the first offer..... duh!
Ignorance is blissful, in your case euphoric. Take some time, read through some threads, gain an insightful opinion and get back to me after your kindergarten nap time.

Maybe ignorance, but I speak the truth! And apparently you can't handle it. I'll take it as you think you are to old to start over?

Apparently you have no idea. Never to old to start over.

I’m fine if YRC closes tomorrow.

I have as comfortable a job as you could possibly imagine. You have no idea how I voted.

Blather on.

Ignorance is blissful, in your case euphoric. Take some time, read through some threads, gain an insightful opinion and get back to me after your kindergarten nap time.

And oh... here is my first post and tell me what part isn't true. Being that I am in kindergarten.

This is all a lot of BS! Why is everybody acting like they are going to lay down again? Job security? Health Benefits? 10 years of cuts and give backs is enough! We were bullied last time with upper management going from terminal to terminal threatning that if we didn't vote yes the doors would shut..... So be it! YRC's freight rates are way higher than our competitors. If the doors shut a new opportunity arises. Don't be afraid to start over with another company, it's never too late! The union isn't going to change, they are getting their dues, when are they going to recommended we stand our ground and get our 15%, pension, and retro pay like YRC promised when we gave concessions the first time. Take your stand!

You haven't even probably looked at what other LTL jobs offer, cause you are afraid of going to a non union company. The union is a joke, because of people like you! You should be ashamed! Even if YRC did fold, you really don't think you good get the same pay or better somewhere else? You don't realize how much Class A drivers are in demand? You are at the helm, quit being afraid to start over and grow some cahones and make a change. Have fun going nowhere, by the time this contract is up you will be homeless sleeping in an empty YRC trailer!
If you think the demand is out there right now in LTL, and you get one of those better jobs,please let us all know how that is working out for you, because freight levels in general right now are flat. That is unless you go to one of those truckload outfits with a lot of freight,and a lot of strings attached to their crappy compensation package...

And oh... here is my first post and tell me what part isn't true. Being that I am in kindergarten.

This is all a lot of BS! Why is everybody acting like they are going to lay down again? Job security? Health Benefits? 10 years of cuts and give backs is enough! We were bullied last time with upper management going from terminal to terminal threatning that if we didn't vote yes the doors would shut..... So be it! YRC's freight rates are way higher than our competitors. If the doors shut a new opportunity arises. Don't be afraid to start over with another company, it's never too late! The union isn't going to change, they are getting their dues, when are they going to recommended we stand our ground and get our 15%, pension, and retro pay like YRC promised when we gave concessions the first time. Take your stand!
The numbers are what they are. With the present contract and the company position, it is predicted we will be under unrecoverable financial stress in three years or less; unless the takes drastic measures to address their problems.
What more needs to be said. The majority has spoken.

I'm referring to the merging of companies. It's implied by others here that it's coming. It really only makes sense in the long run.
2 separate companies operating on the same dock is 1 thing. Merging 2 companies freight together,(long and short haul),and YRC themselves trying to compete on the short haul,along with 2-3-4 day plus freight,would be a replay of Zollar’s and his velocity fiasco.

The numbers are what they are. With the present contract and the company position, it is predicted we will be under unrecoverable financial stress in three years or less; unless the takes drastic measures to address their problems.
What more needs to be said. The majority has spoken.
True majority has spoken. Just making sure you understood how it should have been after these last 10-11 years. Seems like a lot of members lost perspective of what could have been. Yes should of, could of, would of, but all should of stood their ground.

True majority has spoken. Just making sure you understood how it should have been after these last 10-11 years. Seems like a lot of members lost perspective of what could have been. Yes should of, could of, would of, but all should of stood their ground.
I cast my vote, I have no control over others and how they vote.

As I have stated, read through some threads. There are thousands from which to choose. Educate yourself and get back to me.

I cast my vote, I have no control over others and how they vote.

As I have stated, read through some threads. There are thousands from which to choose. Educate yourself and get back to me.

I have read through plenty. We might as well get rid of the union. Please tell me what purpose they serve now?

I have read through plenty. We might as well get rid of the union. Please tell me what purpose they serve now?
How many jobs does one have the right to vote on a contract proposal. If you are non, you have two choices, take it or leave it. There are no rules that must be followed. You are at the absolute mercy of the company. I have way more choices than any non.

Hell, I'm not going anywhere. Just yesterday I listened to fellow worker telling me how much better this place was when it was just Yellow Freight and how some of his co-workers (Roadway) messed it all up. He couldn't explain exactly how it happened but he knew who to blame. You think I'm gonna leave with free entertainment like this? Not until they make me.

How many jobs does one have the right to vote on a contract proposal. If you are non, you have two choices, take it or leave it. There are no rules that must be followed. You are at the absolute mercy of the company. I have way more choices than any non.
True, but you wouldn't take or apply to a job unless you were satisfied with what they had to offer from day one. And this contract/ vote was a take it or leave, right? Ones work ethic is what makes them succeed in a non- union.

The union and company have done what they want regardless of what the membership has said or how we have voted. So it would pretty much be the same if it was non union. You take it or leave it, we have lost a lot!

True, but you wouldn't take or apply to a job unless you were satisfied with what they had to offer from day one. And this contract/ vote was a take it or leave, right? Ones work ethic is what makes them succeed in a non- union.
The only trucking job in which work ethic truly is rewarded is that of the long gone ‘independent contractor.’

If you believe you are valued more at a non because of work ethic, then be happy with that choice and leave me to mine. My shoes and my skin are not yours, they fit me just fine.

you really think the power hungry and greedy care about your opinions, they are more concerned about making this world a more wicked place to live, think of the love and compassion working families did to support their families, this is not recognized by corrupt men

you really think the power hungry and greedy care about your opinions, they are more concerned about making this world a more wicked place to live, think of the love and compassion working families did to support their families, this is not recognized by corrupt men
I care very little about your opinion, so ya, I can somewhat relate. :lmao: