Yellow | Non-cdl Box Truck--yes Or No?

qwerty

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm considering applying for the non-CDL box truck job at YRC. I'm wondering what to expect. What is the pay scale? How physical is the job? I am coming from a career in manufacturing/warehouse work. I had a serious injury and needed three hip surgeries including a total hip replacement(at age 38, now 40) and my surgeon said I should no longer do the heavy labor work I was doing so I quit. He suggested a driving job so i'm hoping to change careers and I have heard YRC pays well and has good benefits. Thoughts?

The box truck we bought is too light for a forklift, so everything he delivers or picks up goes on and off with a pallet jack, or a forklift off the back end. Lots of residential deliveries, mowers etc. I would consider a linehaul cdl job before the box truck.

The box truck we bought is too light for a forklift, so everything he delivers or picks up goes on and off with a pallet jack, or a forklift off the back end. Lots of residential deliveries, mowers etc. I would consider a linehaul cdl job before the box truck.

We have something similar to that there called ES trucks, alot of house deliveries with a 150lb limit to the shipment. Our drivers go out with 18 to 23 stops a day an put on average 200 miles, they stuff those trucks like ups trucks, and will break down skids to get the freight on. Anything from kayaks to medical supplies.
Good luck!

I'm considering applying for the non-CDL box truck job at YRC. I'm wondering what to expect. What is the pay scale? How physical is the job? I am coming from a career in manufacturing/warehouse work. I had a serious injury and needed three hip surgeries including a total hip replacement(at age 38, now 40) and my surgeon said I should no longer do the heavy labor work I was doing so I quit. He suggested a driving job so i'm hoping to change careers and I have heard YRC pays well and has good benefits. Thoughts?
The majority of the box truck work is wrestling with freight.

It's supposed to be, there should not be skids on it that is the whole reason for having Non-CDL(IE light tricks) trucks.

I'd stay away. it's pretty physical work and there are easier ways to make a buck. Pay is so so but the healthcare benefits are good. If you're able to pass the physical and get a CDL, consider linehaul. It's the definition of no touch freight and at Holland the only thing the road drivers touch is the door handle. At least at the start of their night they carry their suitcase to the truck do a walk around and away they go. A drop and hook at their meet point or if they go terminal to terminal they park, grab their suitcase and go to the motel. That's an oversimplification but it's a good overview of their job.

Our version of the little box truck, its ok if your not 6ft tall
ZmTesde.jpg

YES YES YES come on over and take the job ,as we have tons of freight and good home deliveries like , Amazon & Home depot & Steel case & etc ones too , plus 60 plus hrs a week ,so don't have to worry about be home much with the cranky wife ,its a win win !!:19::15:

YES YES YES come on over and take the job ,as we have tons of freight and good home deliveries like , Amazon & Home depot & Steel case & etc ones too , plus 60 plus hrs a week
D4WlnOo.jpg

,so don't have to worry about be home much with the cranky wife ,its a win win !!:19::15: