R&L | Norwalk changes

Ted Decker trk

When things are FUBAR, FIDO!
Credits
Heard a few weeks back there is a new terminal being built in Findlay Ohio and a significant amount of work is being moved out of Norwalk. Any other terminals being affected like battlecreek or Alexandria? Are people going to be able to follow the work or are they staffing from ground up? Any info would be appreciated. Also heard rumor of changes in Florida as well. Are they building new service centers down there?

Must be a lotta freight up that way

Seems to me the Norwalk guys should be able to transfer if they want and the new place is closer to em

Wow crickets here!

My brother in law got shown the door awhile back as a Florida SCM. That made me chuckle a little. Karma exists. Hope all survive the changes.

Heard a few weeks back there is a new terminal being built in Findlay Ohio and a significant amount of work is being moved out of Norwalk. Any other terminals being affected like battlecreek or Alexandria? Are people going to be able to follow the work or are they staffing from ground up? Any info would be appreciated. Also heard rumor of changes in Florida as well. Are they building new service centers down there?
Friend of mine in Norwalk told me they have several guys that want to transfer to Findlay when it opens. He said they turn down so much freight now just coming out of the Cleveland area that whenever Findlay opens, they’ll be able to handle more from the areas they keep.
That’s how it was when Kennesaw opened and took some of Atlanta’s areas. It didn’t take long before Atlanta was handling the same volume or more than before Kennesaw opened.

Friend of mine in Norwalk told me they have several guys that want to transfer to Findlay when it opens. He said they turn down so much freight now just coming out of the Cleveland area that whenever Findlay opens, they’ll be able to handle more from the areas they keep.
That’s how it was when Kennesaw opened and took some of Atlanta’s areas. It didn’t take long before Atlanta was handling the same volume or more than before Kennesaw opened.
They’re saying the Findlay terminal will be about 200 jobs according to local media accounts. I know when I left there 2 years ago they were turning down freight so I imagine it’s only gotten worse.

200 jobs? Is that 200 employees from other competition?
Not sure that’s why I posted this thread. When I left Norwalk there was roughly 130 city drivers, 100 road drivers, a dozen or so office types and clerks, 5 city dispatchers and who knows how many dock workers, probably 100 or so plus 4-6 yard jockeys then another 10-20 folks out in the shop. So if a significant amount follow the work to the new terminal that 200 isn’t such good news for Findlay. The amount of territory being assigned the new terminal from Norwalk would probably be about 35-40% of the whole. Quite a chunk. I’m just surprised they added a whole new facility versus adding capacity at the adjoining terminals which would be Detroit(Ypsilanti), Battle Creek, Alexandria Indiana, and Wilmington. Findlay to my way of thinking would absorb territory from all those facilities If it’s given say a 75-100 mile radius which is fairly common for barns up here. Some of norwalks runs had a two hour 120 mile stem time from the yard to the farthest reaches of western Ohio on the pike.

Not sure that’s why I posted this thread. When I left Norwalk there was roughly 130 city drivers, 100 road drivers, a dozen or so office types and clerks, 5 city dispatchers and who knows how many dock workers, probably 100 or so plus 4-6 yard jockeys then another 10-20 folks out in the shop. So if a significant amount follow the work to the new terminal that 200 isn’t such good news for Findlay. The amount of territory being assigned the new terminal from Norwalk would probably be about 35-40% of the whole. Quite a chunk. I’m just surprised they added a whole new facility versus adding capacity at the adjoining terminals which would be Detroit(Ypsilanti), Battle Creek, Alexandria Indiana, and Wilmington. Findlay to my way of thinking would absorb territory from all those facilities If it’s given say a 75-100 mile radius which is fairly common for barns up here. Some of norwalks runs had a two hour 120 mile stem time from the yard to the farthest reaches of western Ohio on the pike.

Indiana needs another terminal

Indiana needs another terminal
So there’s Alexandria, where else is there a terminal? To the extent of my knowledge Alexandria, Chicago and battlecreek and markham covered all of northern Indiana. Alexandria went as far south as Indy correct? What’s south of Indy ?

Y’all still have them long peddles or is the new place takin that territory?