R&L | Norwalk ohio linehaul

Yes. Most are bid runs though. As a floater on the line haul board it is hit or miss. Not sure how the new barn in Findlay coming on line will affect that

Yes. Most are bid runs though. As a floater on the line haul board it is hit or miss. Not sure how the new barn in Findlay coming on line will affect that
A friend of mine that does p&d in Norwalk said Roby and Zimmerman came to meet with them and tell them no one is losing their job due to Findlay opening. He went ahead and got a route closer to Norwalk just to be safe. He was running a Toledo route, so it will definitely get taken over by Findlay.
He said hopefully they’ll start going after more freight in the areas they get to keep. He’s told me before that they turn down a bunch just out of Cleveland due to lack of manpower and equipment.

They must be really short staffed in Norwalk right now. Both of our slips with them were canceled last night. Not due to lack of freight, but they said they were down a bunch of drivers.

A friend of mine that does p&d in Norwalk said Roby and Zimmerman came to meet with them and tell them no one is losing their job due to Findlay opening. He went ahead and got a route closer to Norwalk just to be safe. He was running a Toledo route, so it will definitely get taken over by Findlay.
He said hopefully they’ll start going after more freight in the areas they get to keep. He’s told me before that they turn down a bunch just out of Cleveland due to lack of manpower and equipment.
that is accurate. They were turning down freight 3 years ago when I left. The new terminal openings will be a net job increase. When I interviewed they’re anticipating some will transfer out of some of the terminals affected but not enough to cover staffing needs at the new barn. Norwalk is also supposed to be picking up more area east of Cleve that was serviced by columbiana Ohio barn. I was one of the ones located west of Norwalk and commuted 50 minutes to NOR. Findlay is about the same drive and there are probably a dozen or two drivers where Findlay is equidistant as NOR. So those are the ones I’d anticipate transferring. All in all it’s a good thing for everyone involved as far as I can tell

that is accurate. They were turning down freight 3 years ago when I left. The new terminal openings will be a net job increase. When I interviewed they’re anticipating some will transfer out of some of the terminals affected but not enough to cover staffing needs at the new barn. Norwalk is also supposed to be picking up more area east of Cleve that was serviced by columbiana Ohio barn. I was one of the ones located west of Norwalk and commuted 50 minutes to NOR. Findlay is about the same drive and there are probably a dozen or two drivers where Findlay is equidistant as NOR. So those are the ones I’d anticipate transferring. All in all it’s a good thing for everyone involved as far as I can tell
With new terminals opening in Ocala, FL, Edinburgh, IN, and Findlay, OH plus expansions planned at existing locations, I think we’re in a great position for the future.

It’d be probably be worth a transfer if you can get a run to better territory, away from some damn big cities and out in the hinterlands where civilized people live