ABF | Not Much Going On Right Now?

well, since I own multiple time shares, I will be traveling the world (just kidding). I will be going over to Germany to see my grandson that is stationed in the Army over there..also want to visit the Scotland/Ireland area where my past roots are.
Doing a little volunteer work with some Church area, reading Trucking Boards...you know, the usual things retirees do.
Never been there, but I hear Scotland is a beautiful country, filled with a lot of history. Do a little research on the places you will visit in that country. It will be time well spent. Pick 1 castle out of the many available & do the tour. von.

Or just take your clubs & your thirst!:guinesssmilie:
With 6PakAbs, you know the "Thirst" part won't be an issue..as far as "Clubs" go, do you mean the places that you
can quench your "thirst"...like a "swingers" club? I never really was very good at "goof"...see, I didn't even spell it right!

I did look like a "goof" the few times that I "tried" to play...oh well, another Sterling , please (and I don't mean one with a motor)

I refuse to play golf until I find myself a good pair of "plus fours" golf pants.....a la: Moe, Larry, and Curly......

After all,........Style is everything.........
You wear those pants in to a Scotish pub 1 of 2 things will happen. 1. The locals will never allow you to buy a pint, its on them because of your fashion. 2. They will flee for their lives runing down the streets screaming Big Dave's brother is alive & ugly. von.

You wear those pants in to a Scotish pub 1 of 2 things will happen. 1. The locals will never allow you to buy a pint, its on them because of your fashion. 2. They will flee for their lives runing down the streets screaming Big Dave's brother is alive & ugly. von.

No,....Big Dave can't be....that ugly.....I mean,.....Some say I actively work at being Ugly,....combining genetically asymetric features with a grizzled, sour countenance,........and a mustache that looks like a miniature pushbroom for cookie crumbs, to boot.......

I do not bend my efforts to achieve a greater repulsiveness,....but rather allow Nature to take it's time-worn course,......much as a weather-beaten and craggy mountain stands against the elements, erosion,....and Time.....

As far as ...."alive" ...goes.........I've been known to remain motionless for inordinate periods of time,...occasionally arising to brush the dust off my head......
I'm sure Big Dave leads a much more activity-intense lifestyle than I do,.......

I mean,....just gathering up all the broken mirror parts behind BRG,...would be an energetic activity in itself,........

No, Bro. Von,.......I'd say the denizens of Scotland would run screaming not because of his.......uncanny similarity to my startling features .....
......but probably because of the size of his Chapeau,.........which may be large enough to cause inordinate damage to various and sundry lamp posts and parked vehicles on the road.......

Br. 6PackAbs........ONE month to go!.....30 days!.......

I hope the weather cooperates in your area,....and you get sunshine and 60 degrees........Right up until Leap Day!

No,....Big Dave can't be....that ugly.....I mean,.....Some say I actively work at being Ugly,....combining genetically asymetric features with a grizzled, sour countenance,........and a mustache that looks like a miniature pushbroom for cookie crumbs, to boot.......

I do not bend my efforts to achieve a greater repulsiveness,....but rather allow Nature to take it's time-worn course,......much as a weather-beaten and craggy mountain stands against the elements, erosion,....and Time.....

As far as ...."alive" ...goes.........I've been known to remain motionless for inordinate periods of time,...occasionally arising to brush the dust off my head......
I'm sure Big Dave leads a much more activity-intense lifestyle than I do,.......

I mean,....just gathering up all the broken mirror parts behind BRG,...would be an energetic activity in itself,........

No, Bro. Von,.......I'd say the denizens of Scotland would run screaming not because of his.......uncanny similarity to my startling features .....
......but probably because of the size of his Chapeau,.........which may be large enough to cause inordinate damage to various and sundry lamp posts and parked vehicles on the road.......

probably because of the size of his Chapeau,.........which may be large enough to cause inordinate damage to various and sundry lamp posts and parked vehicles on the road.......
Now that is funny.

chapeau (plural chapeaus or chapeaux) A hat. (heraldry) A cap of maintenance. The mass of grape solids that floats on the surface during the fermentation of wine. In international law, introductory text appearing in a treaty that broadly defines its principles, objectives, and background.

The image of Lucy & Vivian stomping the grapes inside Dave's hat just won't go away.

Br. 6PackAbs........ONE month to go!.....30 days!.......

I hope the weather cooperates in your area,....and you get sunshine and 60 degrees........Right up until Leap Day!
Thank you, Sir! I will let you know about the checkered flag on the last day...I picked 2/29 on purpose..the leap year..

I wonder how close it is to all full moon? I almost picked April Fool's Day, but opted for the leap year.
I hope that Judy, Tim and Bubba Gump can come...I hope they will have plenty of jelly doughnuts and punch..

Then we could head on over to "Joe's Bar and Grill" Thanks for remembering me...

Thank you, Sir! I will let you know about the checkered flag on the last day...I picked 2/29 on purpose..the leap year..

I wonder how close it is to all full moon? I almost picked April Fool's Day, but opted for the leap year.
I hope that Judy, Tim and Bubba Gump can come...I hope they will have plenty of jelly doughnuts and punch..

Then we could head on over to "Joe's Bar and Grill" Thanks for remembering me...
Bubba Gump won’t be there. Anything related to a Union environment is his kryptonite.

You got a Crescent Moon on the 29th,........provided no Space Junk hits it..........

I'm already warming a bar stool at Joe's Bar and Grill.....Just waiting for you.......

Judy sends her regrets,....Her High School Prom Gown needed too many alterations,.......Tim may make it ,...if his cleaner can get the Diet Pepsi stains out of his Blue Crushed Velvet Tuxedo........

....and Bubba Gump will show up,...wearing a full skin-diving suit with air tanks,....so he don't have to breathe the same air as Union people........

You got a Crescent Moon on the 29th,........provided no Space Junk hits it..........

I'm already warming a bar stool at Joe's Bar and Grill.....Just waiting for you.......

Judy sends her regrets,....Her High School Prom Gown needed too many alterations,.......Tim may make it ,...if his cleaner can get the Diet Pepsi stains out of his Blue Crushed Velvet Tuxedo........

....and Bubba Gump will show up,...wearing a full skin-diving suit with air tanks,....so he don't have to breathe the same air as Union people........
Or, it might be us wearing the air tanks???

Only if Bubba gets into the Bean Dip........
I also put down "chili dogs" as the main appetizer...ordered Sterling, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Falstaff as the main
refreshments..what other kind of retirement "goodies" do you recommend?? Chicken wings?

Back in the early days before the rookies could watch us via dashcam, I used to take a can of sardines, vi-ennies, and potted meat (with Saltine crackers of course) to snack when I needed a quick meal due to being pushed to get the freight off and make the pickup before the customer closed.. and if I had some o/t and brought home a good paycheck, my wife would pack me a Moon Pie and RC Cola... and sometimes some hoop cheese..Sound familiar?

Last edited:
I also put down "chili dogs" as the main appetizer...ordered Sterling, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Falstaff as the main
refreshments..what other kind of retirement "goodies" do you recommend?? Chicken wings?

Back in the early days before the rookies could watch us via dashcam, I used to take a can of sardines, vi-ennies, and potted meat (with Saltine crackers of course) to snack when I needed a quick meal due to being pushed to get the freight off and make the pickup before the customer closed.. and if I had some o/t and brought home a good paycheck, my wife would pack me a Moon Pie and RC Cola... and sometimes some hoop cheese..Sound familiar?

I carried a lunchbox for decades also......And some of my comestible choices were,.....unusual, to say the least. Raisins figured largely,.....along with Feta cheese, sardines,....rice cakes,....

It's a shame that the cameras in the cabs aren't equipped with olfactory sensors,.......Smell-O-Vision,...if you will.....

I'll bet there were days I could've cleared out the dispatch office,...once they clicked on the button to access my truck.........

Thanks...I consider you a friend and have enjoyed your posts...ol' 6Pak will still be on here..by the way, I hope at the finish line there will be no bumpin' - cutting off-- that might lead to a caution flag at the finish line???

I sure hope not, if the yellow comes out you’ll have to do a green white checkered, and I think you have to give them 3 of those before they finally call it if you can’t finish the shift!

Bro. 6PackAbs! Do you realize this is the last Valentine's Day you'll spend with your Dispatcher?

It's....Critical....you choose just the Right Gift for this Special Occasion........

May I suggest the Lingerie section of your nearest Harbor Freight?.............Or maybe a Gift-Wrapped box of chocolates from Ex-Lax?........

It's Important to set the....Right Tone,........on such an Auspicious day........

Bro. 6PackAbs! Do you realize this is the last Valentine's Day you'll spend with your Dispatcher?

It's....Critical....you choose just the Right Gift for this Special Occasion........

May I suggest the Lingerie section of your nearest Harbor Freight?.............Or maybe a Gift-Wrapped box of chocolates from Ex-Lax?........

It's Important to set the....Right Tone,........on such an Auspicious day........
Like the Lawyer said, 'if the panties fit'. Does Harbor Freight have a store on Rodeo Drive? von.

A good sign that you have done something bad at home like forgetting an anniversary is when you open your lunch box your wife has packed & all that is there is a hammer & a box full of walnuts.