ODFL | Not reporting truck damages..

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
There is a woman at our terminal who seems to put a dent into nearly everything she drives. Some of these things are reported to dispatch, but no action is taken. So far she managed to bend 3 side fairings on different trucks, ruin the right corner of a 07' Columbia bumper to have it replaced, destroyed a passenger step on another truck. Yesterday she took my truck out on a run since I work only 4 days a week to cut back on OT. Today I find a good size crease in my fairing as well. I reported it to dispatch but have my doubts no videos or accident forms will be handled with. She's been working here for a little over 2 months. This is beginning to bother me since I take pride in safety and OD's not so fancy equipment. I wonder whom can one talk to outside of the terminal? Perhaps w/o leaving a name?

find the name of your area v.p. and leave a voice mail (these numbers should be posted in your office) or look at your local sales business card and insert the name of your local v.p into the email address ex: [email protected]
Just remember what may or may not happen by doing this.

Yeah be careful for one thing it may be considered whistling blowing, can Bite you in the backside in the future.

we're in a situation about someone lying at our terminal, but its more about stealing money.

Said driver is the lowest on the board, with a start time of 1030, he rides his bike to work, and gets there 2-3 hours early, and when our dispatcher isnt looking... he clocks in, and sits there (on the clock) for 2 hours till his trailer (and start time) is ready... Well all think its BS, but we dont want to be the ones to have reprocussions brought on to US for speaking up.

FlyByWire said:
we're in a situation about someone lying at our terminal, but its more about stealing money.

Said driver is the lowest on the board, with a start time of 1030, he rides his bike to work, and gets there 2-3 hours early, and when our dispatcher isnt looking... he clocks in, and sits there (on the clock) for 2 hours till his trailer (and start time) is ready... Well all think its BS, but we dont want to be the ones to have reprocussions brought on to US for speaking up.

At our terminal that would get around without me saying a thing to any higher up if I did not want to and a head or heads would roll. That guy is a jerk no one would like him here. Might consider going higher but would be selective and thoughtful.

it pisses us all off... to get hours while slow right now we work the dock, run weekend line runs, or beg.... While this jerkoff steals 2 hours a day (10 hours a week!!!) from OD... its GOT to be addressed, but we all know that if its done in the wrong way... it'll bit us in the *** (which is sad, really) It takes money out of our pockets as far as we're concerned.

Might consider having a private conversation with as high up as a manager as possible that you trust and before you speak ask if the conversation can be kept private and confidential, you are not trying to get any points and hope it does not effect any overall policy concerning other employees. I think you do not want management to become to strict on watching everyones time. I do not think this subject is to touchy to approach and if you can keep it between you and limited numbers of management you may earn some respect. Just do not turn into the terminal snitch. No one likes them.

Sparky's right

I agree with Sparky,that's the best way to handle things.Used to be you could talk to someone like that and explain his options to him.But with some people all you would do is start an arguement.Just pass it up to someone you can talk to and trust their judgement.That's one of the things they get paid for and you don't.

Usually I just let things go. After all Not at the terminal much anyway and even all the little things come out in the wash anyway. Not even at the terminal much and I even find out about everything thats going on. Draw the line on stealing. If someone is milking the clock a little or claiming extra pins I leave that up to management to find out for themselves. But two hours a day or stealing freight things like that. If they found out you knew and did not tell them management could look down on you or worse. A job is not running a side business to make a additional income and that guy is making a lot more money than you for the same amount of work. If he wants to be a conman maybe he could be a used car salesman or something. I would make it my business if someone else did not go up with it. Don't forget everyones raise come from ODs profits.

safety man

BillyLo said:
There is a woman at our terminal who seems to put a dent into nearly everything she drives. Some of these things are reported to dispatch, but no action is taken. So far she managed to bend 3 side fairings on different trucks, ruin the right corner of a 07' Columbia bumper to have it replaced, destroyed a passenger step on another truck. Yesterday she took my truck out on a run since I work only 4 days a week to cut back on OT. Today I find a good size crease in my fairing as well. I reported it to dispatch but have my doubts no videos or accident forms will be handled with. She's been working here for a little over 2 months. This is beginning to bother me since I take pride in safety and OD's not so fancy equipment. I wonder whom can one talk to outside of the terminal? Perhaps w/o leaving a name?
BillyLo,who's the safety man there since gregg got canned?

The majority of drivers here never put post trip inspection reports in the truck so if there is damage found on the yard the "not me gremlin" must have done it and also the friggen chicken bones and trash! It is required by law that them things are supposed to be in each and every truck after the day is done!