TForce | Not required to fill out logs if under 14 hours on-duty.

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
You are aware that per the new HOS rules in effect Sept. 29, 2020 we DO NOT have to fill out a log unless we go over 14 hours on duty? Whereas, previously it was 12 hours, and i think our company wanted it after 11.5 because they consider lunch "on duty" for log purposes? (not sure about the last part?)

Well, apparently J.L. in "safety" isn't aware of this.

i'll be submitting paperwork (thru my O.M.) supporting this, so that we don't have to STUPID logs anymore.

i'll let you know how it goes........ (not crossing my fingers):upset:

i can't find it at the FMCSA website. It may be there, but i can't find it.

It IS, however, at and under the CFR online. It's been updated to reflect the new rules.

i think my new goal is to "work" in the safety department. i "worked" safety at another company and didn't do jack s#@$.

Im going to need to see chapter and verse on the Gospel for that particular regulation.

All hours worked must be logged against your 60/7 or 70/8day workweek if you are in a commercial vehicle UNLESS operating under a certain airmile radius and returning to the same point from which you started.

Im going to need to see chapter and verse on the Gospel for that particular regulation.

All hours worked must be logged against your 60/7 or 70/8day workweek if you are in a commercial vehicle UNLESS operating under a certain airmile radius and returning to the same point from which you started.

i meant for short haul------basically all P+D drivers.

Within 150 miles

Return to the terminal everyday

UNDER 14 hours (use to be 12).

This changed Sept. 29, 2020.

Ok, i THINK we were able to get this policy changed------i've worked a few days over 12hours but haven't been required to fill out logs.

j.l. in safety, apparently, has seen the light-----after my O.M. submitted paperwork to support the new FMCSA rule changes.

1) This further proves that people who "work" in the "safety department" don't do jack and watch utube all day. Shouldn't they have at least seen, even if briefly, the new rule?

2) i want to work in "safety" again. i used to work in "safety" at another company. i would go into one of the sleeper trucks and sleep. No-one knew where i was and no-one gave a plop.

i want to get paid to watch utube and cruise the internet. Seriously.