Yellow | Nothing but a Shakedown .

citycnc

TB Lurker
Credits
This just doesn't feel right its not the same as last time .Its a long term money grab and if we take another 5 year contract without a negotiation on anything its the end . I know we make fairly good money and great health benefits but this will be over ten years with no pension to speak of .Its so obviously this is a shakedown .The company has been making huge interest payments to the banks already ,and they just want to milk this cash cow for all its worth.:regretful:

Milking the cash cow for all it is worth.

The Banks want it to survive so they can get as much interest as possible before they have to settle for liquidation of assets and getting their own "85cents on the dollar"

Directors want it to survive because of their salaries and the amount of stock they'd like to not be holding when it fails.

The IBT doesn't want it to fail because they KNOW that all those dues paying members aren't going to continue to be dues paying members.

The hourly folks in the trenches don't want it to fail because they KNOW they aren't likely to find other work in the industry with the same compensation package.

Folks at every level are milking the cash cow for all it is worth, it's not a situation unique to the banks or management, the union or the brothers and sisters.

The Banks want it to survive so they can get as much interest as possible before they have to settle for liquidation of assets and getting their own "85cents on the dollar"

Directors want it to survive because of their salaries and the amount of stock they'd like to not be holding when it fails.

The IBT doesn't want it to fail because they KNOW that all those dues paying members aren't going to continue to be dues paying members.

The hourly folks in the trenches don't want it to fail because they KNOW they aren't likely to find other work in the industry with the same compensation package.

Folks at every level are milking the cash cow for all it is worth, it's not a situation unique to the banks or management, the union or the brothers and sisters.

They would be lucky to get 10 cents on the dollar ,but all I am saying is in the end they walk away . We have leverage now we should try to get something more than 5 years of the same.

44,000 bills a day 5 billion a year gross sales, for some reason holland basicly a truckload carrier showing profit ,ltl part of company not showing profitable, i smell a rat...

How is Holland a Truckload carrier, they are a LTL regional carrier.
Back in my day everytime I looked in the back of a Holland it looked like 3 shipments max. I always felt it was a stretch to say LTL too. Maybe just the area I was in. :shrug:

This just doesn't feel right its not the same as last time .Its a long term money grab and if we take another 5 year contract without a negotiation on anything its the end . I know we make fairly good money and great health benefits but this will be over ten years with no pension to speak of .Its so obviously this is a shakedown .The company has been making huge interest payments to the banks already ,and they just want to milk this cash cow for all its worth.:regretful:

I thought I read that they want a new five year deal.. not an extension of what we have already... All these union meetings this past weekend and still no one has any proposals from YRC...What I got out of it was are members willing to negotiate a "New" deal that would help the get their re-financing.. I believe the banks want this to insure there is no chance of a strike in 2015..

I thought I read that they want a new five year deal.. not an extension of what we have already... All these union meetings this past weekend and still no one has any proposIals from YRC...What I got out of it was are members willing to negotiate a "New" deal that would help the get their re-financing.. I believe the banks want this to insure there is no chance of a strike in 2015..

I really hope you are right but I doubt it .

I don't see how you can claim that the hourly folks in the trenches are milking the cow. They're the only ones pulling their weight and they're the ones getting milked.

I don't see how you can claim that the hourly folks in the trenches are milking the cow. They're the only ones pulling their weight and they're the ones getting milked.

Who's milking them? If they give 85% effort for 85% pay are they being milked? If they give minimum effort for minimum wage are they being milked? The ones who are getting milked are those employees (at whatever level) who are doing their best to try to turn this around, knowing that they still have to work just as hard as always did and give a little extra to make up for the slug if they want any chance for this bad situation to be temporary.

When I try to get as much as I can for as long as I can despite the long term detrimental effect, I'm killing the golden goose, milking the cow dry, cutting of my nose to spite my face. They are all apropos to this situation. Matters not if you are the Banker, a Director, the IBT, or an hourly Teamster.

Who's milking them? If they give 85% effort for 85% pay are they being milked? If they give minimum effort for minimum wage are they being milked? The ones who are getting milked are those employees (at whatever level) who are doing their best to try to turn this around, knowing that they still have to work just as hard as always did and give a little extra to make up for the slug if they want any chance for this bad situation to be temporary.

When they try to get as much as they can for as long as they can despite the long term detrimental effect....killing the golden goose, milking the cow dry, cutting of your nose to spite your face...all apropos to this situation. Matters not if you are the Banker, a Director, the IBT, or an hourly Teamster.
Lemme tell ya something buddy...I see YRC and New Penn drivers ever day and I can tell you that they are not cutting their output to 85% and my hat's off to them. If I was one of them I would be insulted by your ignorant comments. As a matter of fact I feel insulted for them. Some people just amaze me.

Back in my day everytime I looked in the back of a Holland it looked like 3 shipments max. I always felt it was a stretch to say LTL too. Maybe just the area I was in. :shrug:

At Holland 1 b/l cannot use up more then 1/2 of the trailer. Unless special ok from corp.
And then that would be coming from the head sales people, for pricing.
So basically 12 skid spots on the floor per b/l

Lemme tell ya something buddy...I see YRC and New Penn drivers ever day and I can tell you that they are not cutting their output to 85% and my hat's off to them. If I was one of them I would be insulted by your ignorant comments. As a matter of fact I feel insulted for them. Some people just amaze me.

Not for anything, but a number of people on here have already stated that they only give 85% (or less) effort and are proud of it. We all know good, decent Teamsters and we also know the slugs. Both types have been on every job I've ever worked.

My experience with the YRC drivers is a bit different than yours. I too see them on a regular basis. I acknowledged in the post you quoted that there are those working as hard as always, even having to give a little extra to make up for the slug. Then there are those on this very forum stating they give 85% effort for 85% pay.

I also know a couple of YRC folks that have been through 3 BK's all at Union LTL carriers. It's not in their nature to slack off, they are good people of good moral fiber. I'm not so ignorant to paint them all with one brush (one way or the other). Read my post again and maybe you'll see what I actually said and won't be insulted if it doesn't apply to you or anybody you know.

At Holland 1 b/l cannot use up more then 1/2 of the trailer. Unless special ok from corp.
And then that would be coming from the head sales people, for pricing.
So basically 12 skid spots on the floor per b/l
Thanks for the info. I would see a Holland Trailer with skids all lined up nice and pretty and uniform...and wonder what in the heck was the driver gonna do after lunch. :smile: They never looked like my RDWY load that's for sure. :notworthy: