TForce | Nothing is gonna change until they gut management

Cookiecutter

TB Lurker
Credits
Smoke and Mirror show….Basically TForce name with UPS management running the show. Same BS Favoritism, some get 14 hrs, others can’t even get a legit 8, some can steal time, others get harassed.
All the supervisors want to do is sit in air conditioned or heated office spaces and play on their personal phones. They don’t care that freight starts piling up with what little we are getting as trailers get full. We get sick of doing their job chasing them down to get doors, hell our supervisors leave and go to stores a lot, TM let's it go on. Freight with increases is dropping fast now hopefully short term.
Nothing has changed how management acts, total f-ing joke. So much hate all over country towards management. I hear from drivers passing threw, alot feel the same that management needs to be gutted. It’s the only way things will change, too programmed to UPS ways and UPS couldnt run a freight company as we all know.
Nothing is getting fixed. (forklifts etc.)
I love the message they had about engine warning lights the other day. 90% of our fleet would be “Out Of Service”, almost everything has lights on or something, not to mention cords for crash mitigation on newer freightliner by the hood being unplugged by drivers.
Never in 15 years have I seen so many trailers piling up. We are running out of space in our yard to safely keep them out of the way.

Smoke and Mirror show….Basically TForce name with UPS management running the show. Same BS Favoritism, some get 14 hrs, others can’t even get a legit 8, some can steal time, others get harassed.
All the supervisors want to do is sit in air conditioned or heated office spaces and play on their personal phones. They don’t care that freight starts piling up with what little we are getting as trailers get full. We get sick of doing their job chasing them down to get doors, hell our supervisors leave and go to stores a lot, TM let's it go on. Freight with increases is dropping fast now hopefully short term.
Nothing has changed how management acts, total f-ing joke. So much hate all over country towards management. I hear from drivers passing threw, alot feel the same that management needs to be gutted. It’s the only way things will change, too programmed to UPS ways and UPS couldnt run a freight company as we all know.
I love the message they had about engine warning lights the other day. 90% of our fleet would be “Out Of Service”, almost everything has lights on or something, not to mention cords for crash mitigation on newer freightliner by the hood being unplugged by drivers.
Never in 15 years have I seen so many trailers piling up. We are running out of space in our yard to safely keep them out of the way.
Why haven't you put in your letter on intent? Sounds like you have all the answers! I can tell you are management material.:encouragement:

Why haven't you put in your letter on intent? Sounds like you have all the answers! I can tell you are management material.:encouragement:
I would never make it I am not a yes man a sheep as many are .I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated not threatening them and bullying them alot of what I said is just basic common sense.
I hope I am wrong longterm would like nothing more

Spot on! If anything it's getting worse! Only a matter of time before the gates will be locked!

Current management is too UPS, they are brow beaten with worthless ups propaganda. Its gonna take a while to change that, still sending out all the usual propaganda via the diad. Gets deleted as soon as its received.
It is hard to implement new things in a business that runs 24 hours a day.

I said this from the get go. It’s all talk unless former management gets their walking papers.

2 weeks ago we had a P/T outbound supervisor leave his desk, actually left the bldg. for 45 minutes. Next day a p&d driver gets a write-up for "failure to check in every 15 minutes", I spoke with the driver and he showed me cell phone pics of 3 DIAD messages asking for instruction, a second driver verified he was out of the bldg. at a minor accident in front of the terminal. We got the letter rescinded and when I asked the SCM to "write-up" the supr. he refused. His answer was "we don't have a Union contract". This is the :crap: that needs to be addressed NOW...

Cover your a$$ people. It's definitely do as I say not as I do....

i don't know if it's our terminal, but things seem like they are going back to Overnite: We start earlier, end earlier and have less stops.

i just play along with the numbers game......

i don't know if it's our terminal, but things seem like they are going back to Overnite: We start earlier, end earlier and have less stops.

Yeah...not where I'm at! If you couldn't read the name on the tractor you wouldn't know it wasn't ups!

You must be at a hub, or near a hub. The absolute clusterf%@# state of the hubs is a disaster. A large percentage of our region doesn't even get their hub freight till 9 or 10. The only thing saving the outbound is the pathetic amount of inbound bills allowing for time to make pick-ups.
It comes down to why let the same management team that led us into this mess be tasked with getting us out??? Nuts.....

You must be at a hub, or near a hub. The absolute clusterf%@# state of the hubs is a disaster. A large percentage of our region doesn't even get their hub freight till 9 or 10. The only thing saving the outbound is the pathetic amount of inbound bills allowing for time to make pick-ups.
It comes down to why let the same management team that led us into this mess be tasked with getting us out??? Nuts.....
It's not like there are hundreds of great mangers waiting in the wings.
You either get a capable person or a useless person. Capable managers move up fast in this business, the useless(more common) quit, linger or get fired.
I have never heard of any company raving about management.
LTL is just a :shit:ty business. It's not going to change.

I was in a write-up meeting several years ago, the regional V P was there by chance and he sat in with us. After hearing the charges against the driver he told the term. manager, " I could have 25 people here by morning for your job, I can't find a driver, let him alone". That lasted a short while. He was a good man... RIP

UPGF, and now TFI never seem to hold managers responsible for their actions. It takes an act of God to get one dismissed, usually they just reassign them, or promote them. Incompetence seems to be rewarded...

I was in a write-up meeting several years ago, the regional V P was there by chance and he sat in with us. After hearing the charges against the driver he told the term. manager, " I could have 25 people here by morning for your job, I can't find a driver, let him alone". That lasted a short while. He was a good man... RIP

UPGF, and now TFI never seem to hold managers responsible for their actions. It takes an act of God to get one dismissed, usually they just reassign them, or promote them. Incompetence seems to be rewarded...
Got that right all mine dock sup does is drop the f bomb yell sit in shack insult people etc she even got pissed and threw the dock computer and dock diad about amonth ago and they turned there backs did nothing I've had ethic violations HIPAA violations about me and nothing was done I have written a journal about this place for 15 years

You either get a capable person or a useless person. Capable managers move up fast in this business, the useless(more common) quit, linger or get fired.
LTL is just a ****ty business. It's not going to change.
Yes and know we had good managers but they quit hated ups
LTL is just a ****ty business. It's not going to change.

The other problem is they no computers but they dont know the buisness
Bingo!!! Number one answer..
I have yet to find any supervisor that has an even basic knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern this industry.
What is the 49 CFR? blank stare..
You can't load those chemicals together.. "Huh, there's room on the trailer". {beat head against door}
My 14 is up, what ya want me to do? "I dunno, can't you bring it in"?
"I don't care about your contract". {beat supes head against the door}, Metaphorically speaking of course....

Got that right all mine dock sup does is drop the f bomb yell sit in shack insult people etc she even got pissed and threw the dock computer and dock diad about amonth ago and they turned there backs did nothing I've had ethic violations HIPAA violations about me and nothing was done I have written a journal about this place for 15 years

A few years ago our RDO grabbed a metal granade during a preshift meeting and said " I'll fix this place I'll blow the mother **cker up ". His new nickname was handgrande Jim . HR
investigated and he got a promotion. Can you imagine if a driver did that ....

Last edited:

i'm near a mini hub and a regular hub.

We ARE using contractors with straight trucks recently, so that may be why the workload (less stops) is less?