Estes | Nothing like a good ltl job.

RK1

TB Lurker
Credits
As I've noted in another thread I got laid off a couple weeks ago. I've been looking, applying and interviewing for other driving jobs. Trucking is getting worse, I think 4 jobs that I checked on do not offer health insurance. The ones that do you will pay $400 to $800 a month in premiums. Another route they take is if the insurance is affordable your starting pay is around $17 bucks an hour. If you still want good pay AND affordable benefits you have to get a good ltl job. For the most part this was my experience.

I interviewed at Brock-White and US Water, but for the most part I replied to craigslist ads and when they called I ask the usual questions. I forgot the oil fields you can make money there but its never lasts for most guys they usually wash-out. We all personally know people who did it. I'm not saying a good job can't be found outside of ltl. But I basically had get to work a.s.a.p.

Us water is in Cambridge. I live in isanti not far from Cambridge. I graduated from Cambridge. Yeah there's some good jobs but also lots of crappy ones especially here in MN.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

To be fair to US Water that was a good paying job and the bennies were a little pricey but not to aweful bad. The reason I didn't take it was it wasn't the type of work I wanted to do at 50. They are worth checking out though. If you live in Isanti give them a call,they haul there own product.