SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

And your statement is based on...what exactly? Truth is you don’t know.
The facts are that you were the one that was better served moving on. Not the company. He has no idea that you were sexually harassed and received a settlement for that abuse. Ignore these individuals that have no clue about your history. He probably doesn’t even know that the “BigBuck” is actually a female.

The facts are that you were the one that was better served moving on. Not the company. He has no idea that you were sexually harassed and received a settlement for that abuse. Ignore these individuals that have no clue about your history. He probably doesn’t even know that the “BigBuck” is actually a female.
I know more than you think.

That's awesome someone finally proved a point about how scummy this place is

the same favoritism you showed as a dispatcher at Overnite?
In 1980 when I started at Overnite things were very different. I never played favorites. In the 90’s things were evolving and you either did your job or you were replaced. I did many things I’m not proud of and made many mistakes. You do what you must to survive and sometimes those decisions aren’t very popular but I was always fair. Everything that happened at Overnite I brought on myself. I have learned that you truly reap what you sow and through that process I learned to become a better man. The man I am today. Would I have done some things differently? Absolutely! Hindsight is always 20/20 Joe. Try not to judge a man unless you have walked in their shoes. I know the pressures dispatchers go through and I understand why they do what they do. From yard time to dead time they are under constant pressure. Dispatchers lie constantly to survive. It’s a numbers game that is scrutinized constantly. Terminal managers cover for them constantly. They are instructed to code incorrectly among many other things that are unethical. This is a cutthroat business that I survived. You just can’t sugar coat it.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like I sold my soul to the devil and perhaps in someways I did. But I’ve made my atonement in the way I’ve lived my life through giving back in my community and volunteer work. I’ve put all of my children through college except one and that was only because she didn’t want to go. This industry has enabled me to have a great life and for that I’m thankful. But mistakes I’ve made. Don’t ever doubt that. I’m living the good life now .... Hunting and fishing! And I shall continue to do that until it’s my time to meet the maker.

Train, it would be a big issue if you weren’t 100% accurate on your statements. I’m here to bear witness that you speak the truth in your posts. Anyone with an open mind can relate to you standing behind the company (to a degree) while employed. Now that your employment is finished, you show much less restraint. I applaud your courage.

Anyone on this forum who wants to discredit, call names, whatever...is just deflecting from the point. And the main point is that Saia has established and is nurturing a reputation in the industry that is not positive. It must work to some degree, but you only have to look to OD to see what a happy workforce can produce. OD has an OR in the 70’s. Saia will never even approach that. Maybe they don’t want to either. But, I’ve always been one to set lofty goals and work hard to achieve them. I don’t settle. Second place is the first loser.

Favoritism, unsafe/unhealthy environment, condescending behavior, hiding/not reporting injuries, harassment...all exist and are not only confined but encouraged. It’s toxic.