SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

In just the almost 5 years I spent here I was passed over so many times that I lost count. Perhaps it was age discrimination but whatever it was I still supported the company. I never considered myself a senior level guy as far as seniority but to have new guys being offered routes while I was stuck in a BS utility position running unassigned for the first 3 years was just wrong. They rationalized it because I was older and perhaps not as fast but actually I could have stayed up with any of them given the opportunity. The longer it went on the more I was less motivated to step it up. Stealing was a problem here at one point but that was mostly brought on because of the inequities. When I left security had improved but morale had declined. I’ve never seen it worse. As guys continued to leave so did pallet jacks. No accountability as far as they go. That was just poor management. OS&D was just another way to steal. I couldn’t tell you how much crap I saw. In the end I just wanted out because of all the unethical behavior being allowed. I wanted no part of it. In all honesty I’m not actually retired or at least I’m not taking my Social Security. I have had a part time business take off that I could no longer manage while continuing to work full time. It’s mostly ran by family members so I’m still able to do lots of fishing (one of my passions) and do much less physical work when I choose to work. We all need to work in some form for mental health. I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my life. I had to go through hell to get here but all my hard work has finally paid off.

Last edited:
In just the almost 5 years I spent here I was passed over so many times that I lost count
All the while praising rick O'dell and SAIA.
Stealing was a problem here at one point but that was mostly brought on because of the inequities. When I left security had improved but morale had declined. I’ve never seen it worse. As guys continued to leave so did pallet jacks. No accountability as far as they go. That was just poor management. OS&D was just another way to steal.
You seem to have a pretty good handle on how to steal from the company, was that your early retirement plan?

You seem to have a pretty good handle on how to steal from the company, was that your early retirement plan?
Yeah Joe, I stole some time while I was sorting and segregating 4 skids into 15 skids and I damn near passed out in 100 degree weather. And maybe I stole time when I had to stop and return my doctors phone call during my work hours too. My damn doctor doesn’t seem to know when my breaks are. Inconsiderate Bastard.

Yeah Joe, I stole some time while I was sorting and segregating 4 skids into 15 skids and I damn near passed out in 100 degree weather. And maybe I stole time when I had to stop and return my doctors phone call during my work hours too. My damn doctor doesn’t seem to know when my breaks are. Inconsiderate Bastard.
Boo ****ing hoo
So you're a liar and a thief?

Boo :censored: hoo
That’s just your opinion and I could care less what you think. I have no reason to lie or steal. I’m retired and just thought I would share the truth about this company. I’ve got nothing to gain. I left this company on my terms. I wasn’t fired which would give me an axe to grind. I won’t be baited by you Joe, I’ve been down that road. It’s a dead end!

Last edited:
That’s just your opinion and I could care less what you think. I have no reason to lie or steal. I’m retired and just thought I would share the truth about this company. I’ve got nothing to gain. I left this company on my terms. I wasn’t fired which would give me an axe to grind. I won’t be baited by you Joe, I’ve been down that road. It’s a dead end!
That's not my opinion, you have been caught lying on more than one occasion, and you seem to know how to steal freight and pallet jacks, and you have admitted stealing time. But tell me this, why praise the company when they are screwing over?

That's not my opinion, you have been caught lying on more than one occasion, and you seem to know how to steal freight and pallet jacks, and you have admitted stealing time. But tell me this, why praise the company when they are screwing over?
You have been caught ... not me. You’re a pathological liar. I was being sarcastic and you know it. You’re a ****ing dick and have a personal agenda against me because I’ve constantly beat your ass down. Get over it Joe because you’re no match for me. Me dealing with you is like me dealing with an unarmed man. You just don’t measure up son.

Last edited:
You have been caught ... not me. You’re a pathological liar. I was being sarcastic and you know it. You’re a :censored: dick and have a personal agenda against me because I’ve constantly beat your ass down. Get over it Joe because you’re no match for me. Me dealing with you is like me dealing with an unarmed man. You just don’t measure up son.
I see you are back to deleting posts, so to answer the question, nobody is cheering for the company, they are laughing at the stupid **** that has to lie and cheat his way through life, the fool that tries to impress everybody by telling them how much money he has. It's kind of early for you to be this drunk, was there a sale on ripple?

I see you are back to deleting posts, so to answer the question, nobody is cheering for the company, they are laughing at the stupid :censored: that has to lie and cheat his way through life, the fool that tries to impress everybody by telling them how much money he has. It's kind of early for you to be this drunk, was there a sale on ripple?
I don’t recall telling anyone how much money I have. Do you have that dollar amount? Copy and paste it brother Joe. What’s my net worth Joe? You said I disclosed it! Come on, hot shot. Bring it!

Last edited:
Boo :censored: hoo

Joe I usually keep my mouth shut but good Lord man shut your pie hole! The man is just venting how about all those union wages you have stolen over the years. You all do it. Heck I've seen every union line just laying around and sleeping and stealing time.

And you wonder why the unions are not competitive with the nons. Take your negative lying stealing hind end back to the union threads and shut it. I for one am tired of you and a few others crap when I'm trying to read something informative. Heck fire man let Runaway train vent. You go vent on your boards. Grow up and get to work slacker.

Joe I usually keep my mouth shut but good Lord man shut your pie hole! The man is just venting how about all those union wages you have stolen over the years. You all do it. Heck I've seen every union line just laying around and sleeping and stealing time.

And you wonder why the unions are not competitive with the nons. Take your negative lying stealing hind end back to the union threads and shut it. I for one am tired of you and a few others crap when I'm trying to read something informative. Heck fire man let Runaway train vent. You go vent on your boards. Grow up and get to work slacker.
If I’m not mistaken Joe is a retired Teamster. It’s personal between us and he really is an non-issue for me. He’s kinda like a pesky fly that keeps flying around and just stays out of reach from the fly swatter. I do find it funny that he talks about stealing time. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. That’s just part of the Teamsters culture. We have to really work at it because of the technology these days. It’s a fine art that many can’t master. SAIA has many issues but I don’t think they are so far gone that they can’t change. They just need to clean house with some of the **** poor managers they have and that’s not easy. Sometimes the replacement is even worse. I’ve seen it all here and what I haven’t seen I’ve heard from senior level guys. The way they lay off here is deplorable and should be illegal. But that’s another story that I will visit another day. Gentlemen goodnight or Buonanotte signori in Italian.

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken Joe is a retired Teamster. It’s personal between us and he really is an non-issue for me. He’s kinda like a pesky fly that keeps flying around and just stays out of reach from the fly swatter. I do find it funny that he talks about stealing time. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. That’s just part of the Teamsters culture. We have to really work at it because of the technology these days. It’s a fine art that many can’t master. SAIA has many issues but I don’t think they are so far gone that they can’t change. They just need to clean house with some of the **** poor managers they have and that’s not easy. Sometimes the replacement is even worse. I’ve seen it all here and what I haven’t seen I’ve heard from senior level guys. The way they lay off here is deplorable and should be illegal. But that’s another story that I will visit another day. Goodnight gentlemen or buonanotte signori in Italian.

Amen. I just get tired of all the negative union garble. If they are so great why isn't every line union and people lining up to get in the door? I get tired of reading how goats can mow a yard and how much crap Big Dave's hat can hold. If you want to have fun start a dang joke thread. Don't do it somewhere where someone is trying to be serious. And they wonder why people don't engage on here anymore. Sorry boys but I had a few beers and the truth serum got to flowing. But I aint sorry for the remarks against Joe.

Amen. I just get tired of all the negative union garble. If they are so great why isn't every line union and people lining up to get in the door? I get tired of reading how goats can mow a yard and how much crap Big Dave's hat can hold. If you want to have fun start a dang joke thread. Don't do it somewhere where someone is trying to be serious. And they wonder why people don't engage on here anymore. Sorry boys but I had a few beers and the truth serum got to flowing. But I aint sorry for the remarks against Joe.
yeah but the way saia treats people a union couldn't hurt this place it could only level the playing field

yeah but the way saia treats people a union couldn't hurt this place it could only level the playing field
That could be true in some aspects Coal but the Teamsters aren’t without their problems either. I think a Teamsters campaign would bring about some positive changes here just like at FedEx. But I could never see them getting a contract. It’s just not realistic here in 2018. I will say that if they push the N.E. like they do the South they may find themselves in a very uncomfortable situation.