SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

There is a lot of lying and hiding happening. On a regional level I can’t speak about your guy out of Chicago. I will not speak about Whitwell our regional guy at this time. I will come back to that later. I will say Corey T. needs to step up and get his guys in line. Our service matrix is a joke. Coding things incorrectly to make things appear better than they are is completely unethical. Arriving at a guaranteed 12:00 delivery at 1:00 and showing you arrived there at 11:30 by manipulating the handheld is just plain dishonesty and should be unacceptable. Drivers are basically being told to be part of something that is totally unethical. This is just one example of the many other things that are going on here behind the back of corporate. Unless they are part of this unacceptable and dishonest behavior.

It’s also fraud. Those are contracts that are enforceable in court. Pretty unethical. And illegal.

Here’s a shoutout to several of you folks saying “since I work there I feel like I owe them....”. Realize this fact: you owe your employer NOTHING. It is a business relationship. Employer/employee. You don’t owe them crap. There’s a national driver shortage. Do the math. Rethink hour position and think objectively.

Here’s a shoutout to several of you folks saying “since I work there I feel like I owe them....”. Realize this fact: you owe your employer NOTHING. It is a business relationship. Employer/employee. You don’t owe them crap. There’s a national driver shortage. Do the math. Rethink hour position and think objectively.
True, my thinking was flawed. I didn’t owe them anything. I worked for what they paid me. They gave me nothing. I should have spoke up long ago.

I’ve just been called a Turncoat on the phone. I had to laugh. A real renegade. :1036316054: I couldn’t help but think of ABF and the original Turncoat. :argue:

Last edited:
I think its petty and sad.
I think it's about damn time! Saia is a bottom of the barrel outfit and we have many drivers that prove that fact! We probably have more dock to driver people than ever before and even they get smart and go to a better place! I owe then nothing that a half ass day of wages for the pathetic pay and benefits I receive! I'm glad train started this it needs to have been said way way way long ago!

I think its petty and sad.
Back in the day before SAIA started becoming petty and sad I probably would have taken the high road. But with the petty crap with DriveCam and sad crap with favoritism I decided to play their game. All’s fair in love and war. You get what you give.

Back in the day before SAIA started becoming petty and sad I probably would have taken the high road. But with the petty crap with DriveCam and sad crap with favoritism I decided to play their game. All’s fair in love and war. You get what you give.
So what is your end game train ? What do you think this will accomplish?

Nothing as far as SAIA goes. They will never change. My end game if I had one would be to discourage others from coming here. Way too many other companies with better reputations to go to. All LTL companies have issues but this company takes it to the next level.

Nothing as far as SAIA goes. They will never change. My end game if I had one would be to discourage others from coming here. Way too many other companies with better reputations to go to. All LTL companies have issues but this company takes it to the next level.
Thats funny because you didnt have issues with this company a few weeks ago like you do now. Thats why i said this thread is petty and sad , if you cant say it while you work here ,it doesnt matter when you do not work here! Enjoy your retirement train, dont worry about us , most adults can make a educated decision for themselves on future employment. I have issues with some of the things this company does .... and i have said so. I am free to seek employment elsewhere as is anyone else. Why bash a company that you have willingly worked for 5 yrs ?

Last edited:
Thats funny because you didnt have issues with this company a few weeks ago like you do now. Thats why i said this thread is petty and sad , if you cant say it while you work here ,it doesnt matter when you do not work here! Enjoy your retirement train, dont worry about us , most adults can make a educated decision for themselves on future employment. I have issues with some of the things this company does .... and i have said so. I am free to seek employment elsewhere as is anyone else. Why bash a company that you have willingly worked for 5 yrs ?
If speaking the truth is considered bashing them then so be it. I won’t be here much longer so don’t concern yourself. I imagine in a month or so this thread will fade away and will be forgotten just like I am at my service center. Although I was forgotten the next day there. You’re only as good as your last delivery ... pickup or run made.

If speaking the truth is considered bashing them then so be it. I won’t be here much longer so don’t concern your
Train you have done an about face quicker than a politician. Why concern yourself with a company that no longer concerns you? Does that make sense ? I really dont care..... your smear campaign is a waste of time. You could be on the lake or kissing your girlfriend before your wife finds out ! Dad gum enjoy your life and family in your retirement and kiss truckingboards goodnight!

Train you have done an about face quicker than a politician. Why concern yourself with a company that no longer concerns you? Does that make sense ? I really dont care..... your smear campaign is a waste of time. You could be on the lake or kissing your girlfriend before your wife finds out ! Dad gum enjoy your life and family in your retirement and kiss truckingboards goodnight!
You’re right it’s time for me to begin a new chapter in my life. And I will very soon. But not just yet. Is it a waste of time? Perhaps it is. Rest assured, once hunting season opens this place will be just a memory. I will still drop in from time to time but between my fishing and hunting, traveling and playing around I won’t have much time to spare.

End game is what TB is all about. It gives fellow drivers or people looking to get into this racket an idea of what to expect. Everyone has to look at the big picture when deciding what's best. This thread and forums can give people a glimpse into what a company is like. Train is being specific in his criticism now and that is a good thing.

End game is what TB is all about. It gives fellow drivers or people looking to get into this racket an idea of what to expect. Everyone has to look at the big picture when deciding what's best. This thread and forums can give people a glimpse into what a company is like. Train is being specific in his criticism now and that is a good thing.
Great post! I only have a few more things to say before I ride off into the sunset. I just want guys to know what they are signing up for like you said. They may want to stay out of trucking and further their education. In hindsight I most certainly would have.