SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

Got to hand it to you RAT, you ate :::shit::: sandwiches for years and told everybody they tasted good, now all of a sudden you decide the don't taste so good.
Once I stopped taking their money my taste changed. I owe them nothing now. They owe me nothing either. It’s a different game now.

Once I stopped taking their money my taste changed. I owe them nothing now. They owe me nothing either. It’s a different game now.

Hahahahaha! They win. That bitter taste is stuck with you. What a fitting end. They are living rent free in your head now and always will. You couldn’t just be a man and retire. Take the good with you and leave the rest to be sorted out. I’m glad I left on good terms, my own terms, and have wonderful memories of friends I’ve made. 35 years of driving, over 20 with Saia and I’m having the time of my life. Bitter old man you became. You’ll be mumbling that crap to yourself for years. Man up old man. Own it and move on or you’ll just be a hang-tag like your little buddy Buck.

And no, the company hasn’t changed in the very short time you’ve been there, neither has the industry as a whole. Progress does have a way of changing priorities, but they still pick up and deliver freight just as they always have.

Sorry your retirement will be haunted, sure am glad mine is not.

I’ve been taking notes for years here. Almost 5. Listening to 20+ year senior guys vent. And I still have moles inside the big SAIA machine. I have the scoop brothers that I will now share. While I was part of the big SAIA machine I kept things mostly positive. Now that I’m gone I will share some of the negative. I’m not here to just rip the big SAIA machine. I’m now here to mix the good with the bad. Only now I will be just a little more objective.

Hahahahaha! They win. That bitter taste is stuck with you. What a fitting end. They are living rent free in your head now and always will. You couldn’t just be a man and retire. Take the good with you and leave the rest to be sorted out. I’m glad I left on good terms, my own terms, and have wonderful memories of friends I’ve made. 35 years of driving, over 20 with Saia and I’m having the time of my life. Bitter old man you became. You’ll be mumbling that crap to yourself for years. Man up old man. Own it and move on or you’ll just be a hang-tag like your little buddy Buck.

And no, the company hasn’t changed in the very short time you’ve been there, neither has the industry as a whole. Progress does have a way of changing priorities, but they still pick up and deliver freight just as they always have.

Sorry your retirement will be haunted, sure am glad mine is not.
You got it all wrong brother. No bitterness here. I’m here to keep it real for the ones left behind.

You got it all wrong brother. No bitterness here. I’m here to keep it real for the ones left behind.
What a joke. No one is left behind. Your no war hero, hell, your not even a Saia veteran. You were only there a short time and as much as I hate to break it to you your little part of the Saia experience is insignificant. It is such a tiny little minuscule part of the company it fairly irrelevant. If you decide that this is how you want to spend your time though, good on you. Those you ‘left behind’ aren’t oblivious to anything. They are there because they want to be. The whole endentured servitude thing has been over for a while.

What a joke. No one is left behind. Your no war hero, hell, your not even a Saia veteran. You were only there a short time and as much as I hate to break it to you your little part of the Saia experience is insignificant. It is such a tiny little minuscule part of the company it fairly irrelevant. If you decide that this is how you want to spend your time though, good on you. Those you ‘left behind’ aren’t oblivious to anything. They are there because they want to be. The whole endentured servitude thing has been over for a while.
Insignificant? Even a 20 year veterans time is insignificant. Many guys don’t want to be there. Many have left because they could no longer tolerate the inequities. They are just drowning in debt and have no choice but to stay. I’m just offering up information that the company chooses to hide. They want everyone to go the extra mile and call everyone a big happy family. I just want everyone to know their place and not buy into this big happy family crap. Everyone is an expendable asset.

Last edited:
Seems to me that Phil Williams seems to be more of a trumpet blower than train ever was. Let's be honest a 20+ year veteran if what? A company that once was and is now falling even further to the the curb? It's a crap company falling fast. Watch for layoffs this year. It's been slow. I'm so glad I still work here said no one ever! This place sucks more *icks than a p*on star audition!

You’re a total loser PhilWilliams. Looks like YOU are the one who isn’t “getting the big picture.” You sounds an awful lot like you’ve had your fair share of the company kool-aid. “Man up” means if you see what’s wrong - try to make it right. To condone immoral and illegal business practices is the very essence of cowardice.

Besides train is right! Time to get this stuff out in the open. It's been long over due and in the last 5 years I haven't seen so much under the table sneaky slimy dirty handed double crossing. The drive cam is just the cherry on the top of the this #hit sundae! Least but not last how about our Know your numbers campaign and what another joke that has become. Jumping through hoops. After 15 years in mke it's just become a #hit show

Seems to me that Phil Williams seems to be more of a trumpet blower than train ever was. Let's be honest a 20+ year veteran if what? A company that once was and is now falling even further to the the curb? It's a crap company falling fast. Watch for layoffs this year. It's been slow. I'm so glad I still work here said no one ever! This place sucks more *icks than a p*on star audition!

I’m long gone and enjoying my life. This company will out live all of us. You can take any of these LTL jobs, shake them in a hat, pull one out and they will all be the same. No love list for the company or any of the current management, but I’m not throwing away tons of great memories with some of the finest people I’ve ever worked with because I’m a whiny little bitch.
Move on, you’ve got your 401k that moves with you, the cabs of all these trucks are the same. If your miserable go somewhere else, it’s really that easy.

You’re a total loser PhilWilliams. Looks like YOU are the one who isn’t “getting the big picture.” You sounds an awful lot like you’ve had your fair share of the company kool-aid. “Man up” means if you see what’s wrong - try to make it right. To condone immoral and illegal business practices is the very essence of cowardice.

I’m no loser sweetie, I won the game. Left as the senior driver with a gravy run and no one saw it coming. No trouble with management because I didn’t expect more then a fair days wage for a fair days work. I didn’t get myself buried in debt. I didn’t sit at the round tables whining about the same old crap every night to the same old bitter ‘driver drama queens’, I just ran my runs and called it a day, every day. Maybe one day the health insurance will cover PLOM disease and you all can just be happy. I’ll sit here, happy and successful, winning by their rules, and just hope someday you all can come around. If not, I’ll just point and laugh and be happy I didn’t let them beat me.

I’m long gone and enjoying my life. This company will out live all of us. You can take any of these LTL jobs, shake them in a hat, pull one out and they will all be the same. No love list for the company or any of the current management, but I’m not throwing away tons of great memories with some of the finest people I’ve ever worked with because I’m a whiny little bitch.
Move on, you’ve got your 401k that moves with you, the cabs of all these trucks are the same. If your miserable go somewhere else, it’s really that easy.
I still have my memories and great friends I met at SAIA. If anyone is a whiny little bitch it’s you.

Besides train is right! Time to get this stuff out in the open. It's been long over due and in the last 5 years I haven't seen so much under the table sneaky slimy dirty handed double crossing. The drive cam is just the cherry on the top of the this #hit sundae! Least but not last how about our Know your numbers campaign and what another joke that has become. Jumping through hoops. After 15 years in mke it's just become a #hit show

So, apparently you think everyone is stupid and needs you to point it out. Gotcha. My bad.

The odds are good for a layoff this year. Sales culled far too many accounts and now are begging to get them back. Sorry, OD scooped them up.

What am I whining about train? I’m just laughing at you, not with you.
The consistent story of you not whining but yet feeling you need to keep expressing it! Phil you suck! Senior driver? Please! You sir are nothing more than the lips you seem to wrap around the tms a**. If retirement is so great why you still hanging out on here? Loser

What am I whining about train? I’m just laughing at you, not with you.
No, you’re defending something that has no defense. I’ve defended them for years but I’m done with that. It wasn’t all bad. In fact much of it was good. I just won’t sugar coat it anymore through rose colored glasses.

The consistent story of you not whining but yet feeling you need to keep expressing it! Phil you suck! Senior driver? Please! You sir are nothing more than the lips you seem to wrap around the tms a**. If retirement is so great why you still hanging out on here? Loser
Not defending Saia, I’ve had my share or grievances, didn’t like the cameras, didn’t like the lies, etc.... I’ve been through the lay offs, I’ve bedn through the insurance changes, I’ve been through the pay cuts and loss of benefits, and each time I had a choice to stay or leave. I stayed because it’s the same everywhere. I stayed long enough to pick my runs. Left on a 600+ mike M-F daytime run because it was the right time for me to leave. Didn’t whine, didn’t cry, I just won the game and walked away. Outlasted or outlived everyone that that did me wrong including a VP who got :shit:canned right before I left. No hard feelings, he did his thing, I overcame and moved on.

OMG...Phil will probably stroke out before I’m through. I’ve just started on the start times so far. I’ve got a whole list of issues to whine like a bitch about. I think truck assignments will be next. I will save the best for last.

No, you’re defending something that has no defense. I’ve defended them for years but I’m done with that. It wasn’t all bad. In fact much of it was good. I just won’t sugar coat it anymore through rose colored glasses.

What have I defended? I havent defended Saia. Your grievances wouldn’t fill a thimble compared to the things guys with 20 years had to deal with, some of us just knew we had a choice and chose the devil we knew over the devil we didn’t know and made it work.