SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

Thinking Saia doesn’t know anything about the union is not knowing Saia history, or in reality, their present. I still strongly believe YRC or at least their old guard has their fingers in Saia, well, at least their son-in-law. Did I say that out loud?? How dare I.
Again, you’re underestimating me. I know the history of SAIA and the Union and YRC. Dallas almost voted it in. They barely lost. Look, I’m not here to get in a pissing contest with you. Dallas has had the Teamsters come calling just last year and the company held a meeting to counter that measure and they were sent packing. But the N.E. is a different animal. And SAIA better make some changes or they may not like what could very well happen.

It’s been said that the threat of a union can bring about positive change. It may take that before this company learns how to treat their employees with respect. Now I believe corporate thinks that’s happening but the ones down in the trenches know better. The regional managers are out of touch and the TM’s are to busy trying to hide what’s actually going on when it comes to ground operations.
Train this is one of the biggest problems at SEFL. Corporate is out of touch with the local terminals and the mess their creating. The small terminal I worked out of was terminal of the year for our size. We got a new TM and within a year half of the p&d and dock workers walked. The TM literally told people they had to go through him before calling the corporate office anymore. HR sent a rep down to talk to everyone and smooth things over. LTL is a people person game and treat people like dung and they respond.

It’s been said that the threat of a union can bring about positive change. It may take that before this company learns how to treat their employees with respect. Now I believe corporate thinks that’s happening but the ones down in the trenches know better. The regional managers are out of touch and the TM’s are to busy trying to hide what’s actually going on when it comes to ground operations.
That sir is spot on!

Train this is one of the biggest problems at SEFL. Corporate is out of touch with the local terminals and the mess their creating. The small terminal I worked out of was terminal of the year for our size. We got a new TM and within a year half of the p&d and dock workers walked. The TM literally told people they had to go through him before calling the corporate office anymore. HR sent a rep down to talk to everyone and smooth things over. LTL is a people person game and treat people like dung and they respond.
Truly, it’s a universal problem in LTL. In reality it’s sort of like a “runaway-train.” It’s just hard to stop it once it gains momentum. It’s sad it appears to take a derailment before anyone takes notice.

Again, you’re underestimating me. I know the history of SAIA and the Union and YRC. Dallas almost voted it in. They barely lost. Look, I’m not here to get in a pissing contest with you. Dallas has had the Teamsters come calling just last year and the company held a meeting to counter that measure and they were sent packing. But the N.E. is a different animal. And SAIA better make some changes or they may not like what could very well happen.

I’m sure that never crossed their minds before they spent tens of millions of dollars to expand into the Great Lakes regions or the North East. What were they thinking? OMG, the end is near! How did these people get into these positions! How do you not have your own billion dollar trucking company with all of this insight? This is crazy, kind of like bizzaro world. They’ve got the million dollar salaries and know absoloutly nothing. It’s just not fair....

Go away phil. I thought you retired? Oh that's right you want to rescue train from telling and exposure of what a defective product saia really is!

You’ve inspired me to stay here for the pure entertainment value. I dissapear for a while when it gets boring, it’s obvious I don’t internet well, but now I know what I was missing at the round table all those years. Never thought I’d be entertained by a soap opera but you have obviously missed your calling.

I’m sure that never crossed their minds before they spent tens of millions of dollars to expand into the Great Lakes regions or the North East. What were they thinking? OMG, the end is near! How did these people get into these positions! How do you not have your own billion dollar trucking company with all of this insight? This is crazy, kind of like bizzaro world. They’ve got the million dollar salaries and know absoloutly nothing. It’s just not fair....
You say that sarcastically but it’s really not that far from the truth. I’ve seen many man fall because of arrogance. Including myself!

You say that sarcastically but it’s really not that far from the truth.

They will outlast the both of us Train or they will go away, there is no middle ground. And if they went union company wide they have more institutional knowledge then we could ever have. There is no ‘ray of hope’ in this business. You need to know the rules and beat them with it. It’s easier to be successful when you work on winning instead of whining.

They will outlast the both of us Train or they will go away, there is no middle ground. And if they went union company wide they have more institutional knowledge then we could ever have. There is no ‘ray of hope’ in this business. You need to know the rules and beat them with it. It’s easier to be successful when you work on winning instead of whining.
I actually agree with most of your post. Maybe not the last sentence so much. I still think the whining little bitches can win. My wife sure does.

You’ve inspired me to stay here for the pure entertainment value. I dissapear for a while when it gets boring, it’s obvious I don’t internet well, but now I know what I was missing at the round table all those years. Never thought I’d be entertained by a soap opera but you have obviously missed your calling.
I figured why not keep a idiot busy ! You're* welcome

I figured why not keep a idiot busy ! You're* welcome

You’re the one stuck at Saia. You got yourself in that position and are afraid or unable to leave by your own admission. You have to crawl into that truck tomorrow with no end in sight. Who’s the idiot?

I actually agree with most of your post. Maybe not the last sentence so much. I still think the whining little bitches can win. My wife sure does.

Win what? You can only win in your game of life. These guys that whine and bitch will never be winners. They’ll never be satisfied. Those guys that are laid back and smiling are making bank and putting it in the bank, these other guys are up to their eyeballs in debt and are stuck with the golden handcuffs this business puts on us. They’ll never be happy trying to change a billion dollar company or successful at it either.

Win what? You can only win in your game of life. These guys that whine and bitch will never be winners. They’ll never be satisfied. Those guys that are laid back and smiling are making bank and putting it in the bank, these other guys are up to their eyeballs in debt and are stuck with the golden handcuffs this business puts on us. They’ll never be happy trying to change a billion dollar company or successful at it either.
I was talking about my wife. But I get what you’re saying. But sometimes we all like to bitch even if it serves no constructive purpose. It’s just human nature. You do live in the real world don’t you Phil?

You’re the one stuck at Saia. You got yourself in that position and are afraid or unable to leave by your own admission. You have to crawl into that truck tomorrow with no end in sight. Who’s the idiot?
I can leave anytime! I'm just unable to retire because of age. Just wait ytili retire. You crack me up! You bitching about whining, while you continue to whine and bitch here so I'm guessing you sir would be the idiot yet

Let’s start with overtime today. Now, we have a certain young lady that works in P&D in Garland that gets almost 60 hours every week. We have many men as well but it’s RH we shall address today. Now, I understand why this happens to the select few. They want the freight back in early and these early starters make it back in first so they get the late swaps. Many other individuals would like a few more hours (wasn’t me) but it gets hogged up by the same people everyday. With a little creativity and thinking outside the box the company could save a lot of money by cutting down on overtime and still get the freight back in early. 4 day work weeks as an example for everyone during slow times. Not a select few. I could go on but I’m will stop here for now. It’s better for everyone to suffer a little than for one to suffer a lot. Not everyone contributes here to help the cause of saving the company money. It’s not even a consideration. Overtime hits the bottom line but no one is accountable for it.

Last edited: