SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

It must work to some degree, but you only have to look to OD to see what a happy workforce can produce. OD has an OR in the 70’s. Saia will never even approach that.

That has nothing to do with employee morale. Given the choice, I'm sure most would choose overtime pay, retirement with dignity, and affordable benefits coverage, over a lower than average operating ratio.

Train, it would be a big issue if you weren’t 100% accurate on your statements. I’m here to bear witness that you speak the truth in your posts. Anyone with an open mind can relate to you standing behind the company (to a degree) while employed. Now that your employment is finished, you show much less restraint. I applaud your courage.

Anyone on this forum who wants to discredit, call names, whatever...is just deflecting from the point. And the main point is that Saia has established and is nurturing a reputation in the industry that is not positive. It must work to some degree, but you only have to look to OD to see what a happy workforce can produce. OD has an OR in the 70’s. Saia will never even approach that. Maybe they don’t want to either. But, I’ve always been one to set lofty goals and work hard to achieve them. I don’t settle. Second place is the first loser.

Favoritism, unsafe/unhealthy environment, condescending behavior, hiding/not reporting injuries, harassment...all exist and are not only confined but encouraged. It’s toxic.
What I find amusing is that when I was defending this company my haters were ripping the company. Now that I’m ripping the company my haters are defending the company.

That has nothing to do with employee morale. Given the choice, I'm sure most would choose overtime pay, retirement with dignity, and affordable benefits coverage, over a lower than average operating ratio.
Employee morale is destroyed with petty micromanaging using DriveCam and not allowing Bluetooths when the DOT allows them. Not allowing CB’s doesn’t help either.

It's hard to tell witch is the truth and witch is a lie when you speak out of both sides of your mouth

Far be it from me to judge, but, he himself comes across as judgmental, hypocritical, and down right selfish in these post.

Granted I only know Runaway train the Truckingboards personality, and not the man behind the avatar, but I can't help but form this opinion based on this.

Full disclosure: God only knows what opinion people must have formed on me over the years as well, so don't think I'm judging you personally. I think we all understand that avatars aren't humans.

That said, I'm glad I stood by my convictions no matter that it cost me a job. I'd rather go down on my feet instead of living with regret on my knees in my golden years.

What I find amusing is that when I was defending this company my haters were ripping the company. Now that I’m ripping the company my haters are defending the company.
They are more interested in attacking me than finally hearing the truth that they already know is the truth. It’s personal and I’m totally OK with that.

Train, it would be a big issue if you weren’t 100% accurate on your statements. I’m here to bear witness that you speak the truth in your posts. Anyone with an open mind can relate to you standing behind the company (to a degree) while employed. Now that your employment is finished, you show much less restraint. I applaud your courage.

Anyone on this forum who wants to discredit, call names, whatever...is just deflecting from the point. And the main point is that Saia has established and is nurturing a reputation in the industry that is not positive. It must work to some degree, but you only have to look to OD to see what a happy workforce can produce. OD has an OR in the 70’s. Saia will never even approach that. Maybe they don’t want to either. But, I’ve always been one to set lofty goals and work hard to achieve them. I don’t settle. Second place is the first loser.

Favoritism, unsafe/unhealthy environment, condescending behavior, hiding/not reporting injuries, harassment...all exist and are not only confined but encouraged. It’s toxic.
Boy oh boy! Spot on! To a T. Great post

That said, I'm glad I stood by my convictions no matter that it cost me a job. I'd rather go down on my feet instead of living with regret on my knees in my golden years.
This is a great point. As I’ve said before it would have been much easier to just keep my mouth shut and walk away. This thread has received over 6000 views in a very short time so that tells me some guys understand the truth and are spreading the truth. I have nothing to gain by exposing this company. I’m retired. I come here in my spare time to vent. I have much more to say but if I continue to get bashed for telling the truth I just may stop. But then again I may not. As of right now I have close friends at SAIA that continue to feed me information. Just because I’m gone doesn’t mean I’m out of the loop. Many guys are mad at me for what I’m doing but my intention is to just tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. I’ve never really cared what people think of me. This company has a very competitive compensation package and if it’s just about the money then they may be a fit for you. But if it’s about a driver friendly environment and more importantly fair and equal treatment then don’t waste your time here. I know of no other LTL company that treats their drivers with such disdain. DriveCam has hurt this company. And the stupid Bluetooth and CB policy has destroyed morale. Most drivers just keep their mouths shut out of fear of retaliation. And trust me on this. They will retaliate and find a reason to fire you. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.

Last edited:
This is a great point. As I’ve said before it would have been much easier to just keep my mouth shut and walk away. This thread has received over 6000 views in a very short time so that tells me some guys understand the truth and are spreading the truth. I have nothing to gain by exposing this company. I’m retired. I come here in my spare time to vent. I have much more to say but if I continue to get bashed for telling the truth I just may stop. But then again I may not. As of right now I have close friends at SAIA that continue to feed me information. Just because I’m gone doesn’t mean I’m out of the loop. Many guys are mad at me for what I’m doing but my intention is to just tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. I’ve never really cared what people think of me. This company has a very competitive compensation package and if it’s just about the money then they may be a fit for you. But if it’s about a driver friendly environment and more importantly fair and equal treatment then don’t waste your time here. I know of no other LTL company that treats their drivers with such disdain. DriveCam has hurt this company. And the stupid Bluetooth and CB policy has destroyed morale. Most drivers just keep their mouths shut out of fear of retaliation. And trust me on this. They will retaliate and find a reason to fire you. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.
Train don't you worry! I believe every word you have typed on the post. I've seen it over time and time and time again! Some I it has even happened to me. That's how I know it's true. Not only that big buck hit the nail on the head

Speak out even if some do bash. I understand what it’s like to work in an environment of fear to speak truth when you have a family depending on your steady income.

Far be it from me to judge, but, he himself comes across as judgmental, hypocritical, and down right selfish in these post.

Granted I only know Runaway train the Truckingboards personality, and not the man behind the avatar, but I can't help but form this opinion based on this.

Full disclosure: God only knows what opinion people must have formed on me over the years as well, so don't think I'm judging you personally. I think we all understand that avatars aren't humans.

Thanks Dick, you blew it for me, I thought avatars were real!