SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

Yes train. You are correct. Linehaul at Pyle. Been here 10 years. I do a lay out. 2 nights per week. My choice. No weekends. I like the job and the company. I find them to be honest. The reason I would consider switching would be for a place closer to home and daylight runs. SAIA was a thought, but not real serious. I dealt with them from around 2003 to 2008. Was with Jevic. SAIA was one of our cartage agents. And they sucked to deal with. Thought things may have improved after the Yellow management left. Apparently not
With that much time in I would just stay. Your company appears to be privately held so it’s hard to gauge the numbers but if you’re relatively confident they won’t go belly up then don’t come here. This company is financially stable but the environment is horrid. You’d just be selling your soul to the devil. At the bottom even at a new terminal where your seniority could be pretty high if you got in quick it wouldn’t be worth it. Think of the Jevic days and move forward. Nothing has changed. Don’t look back.

Thats how stupid this thread has become !
I was once like you before I retired. I just opened my eyes, so go ahead and act in an grossly obsequious way. Be obedient and get special treatment. Favoritism runs rampant at SAIA. It’s SAIA’s new culture.

Last edited:
I was once like you before I retired. I just opened my eyes, so go ahead and act in an grossly obsequious way. Be obedient and get special treatment. Favoritism runs rampant at SAIA. It’s SAIA’s new culture.
I'm glad you're retired, an ordinary truck driver would not have been allowed to use that word"obsequious"
Is it anything like "synergies"?

I'm glad you're retired, an ordinary truck driver would not have been allowed to use that word"obsequious"
Is it anything like "synergies"?

AkzGRrG.jpg

ScOA3bS.jpg

You tell me!

With that much time in I would just stay. Your company appears to be privately held so it’s hard to gauge the numbers but if you’re relatively confident they won’t go belly up then don’t come here. This company is financially stable but the environment is horrid. You’d just be selling your soul to the devil. At the bottom even at a new terminal where your seniority could be pretty high if you got in quick it wouldn’t be worth it. Think of the Jevic days and move forward. Nothing has changed. Don’t look back.
I did remember the Jevic days. Dealt with Knoxville, Tn and St. Louis, Mo mostly. Disliked going there. But in fairness, the freight I dropped sucked. Grocery house or to places closer to lost than found. Yeah, we had some guys jump ship. In central Pa and NJ. They said huge mistake. Both p&d and linehaul. As for Pyle finances, the O/R is around 80% and we are growing like a weed. Dedicated and warehousing

NO DEAR GOD STAY WHERE YOU ARE !!!!! IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT YOU WILL BE DECAPITATED AND YOUR HEAD WILL BE OFFERED UP TO MANAGEMENT WITH A SIDE OF TOSTITOS AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR FAMILY AGAIN !!!!! AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR TONKA TRUCKS AND COFFEE CUPS AND SEND THEM TO VENEZUELA !!!! YOU WILL BE ASKED TO GO AGAINST YOUR EVERY BELIEF IF YOU WANT TO WORK HERE..!
That's pretty accurate! I would say you're finally getting it! Took you long enough. Keep on sipping the Kool aid

Yes train. You are correct. Linehaul at Pyle. Been here 10 years. I do a lay out. 2 nights per week. My choice. No weekends. I like the job and the company. I find them to be honest. The reason I would consider switching would be for a place closer to home and daylight runs. SAIA was a thought, but not real serious. I dealt with them from around 2003 to 2008. Was with Jevic. SAIA was one of our cartage agents. And they sucked to deal with. Thought things may have improved after the Yellow management left. Apparently not
Smart man you are! Stay put saia isn't your home! Don't worry will screw things up out there so bad eventually will leave or get out when the union comes pounding on there front door

Smart man you are! Stay put saia isn't your home! Don't worry will screw things up out there so bad eventually will leave or get out when the union comes pounding on there front door
I would agree with you based on the information given in this thread. Pyle has their issues like any other carrier. Reasons some of us left there are the vacation rules for linehaul drivers. At the time I worked we had 5 terminals that they grouped together and it went down the line in seniority. No way someone 4 hours away should have anything to do with your terminals vacation list. Also talking to some friends still over there the health insurance has gotten expensive along with the punishing wellness plan. Favoritism also exists there but probably not as rampant as described here. No place is perfect for sure but having a CBA keeps the rules fair for everyone as long as it's enforced.

I would agree with you based on the information given in this thread. Pyle has their issues like any other carrier. Reasons some of us left there are the vacation rules for linehaul drivers. At the time I worked we had 5 terminals that they grouped together and it went down the line in seniority. No way someone 4 hours away should have anything to do with your terminals vacation list. Also talking to some friends still over there the health insurance has gotten expensive along with the punishing wellness plan. Favoritism also exists there but probably not as rampant as described here. No place is perfect for sure but having a CBA keeps the rules fair for everyone as long as it's enforced.
There’s no question that favoritism is a bad management practice. It breeds resentment, destroys employee morale, and creates disincentives for good performance. Once employees see that benefits flow from being on the manager’s good side___rather than from doing a great job___there’s little point in working hard. This is just the truth and I’m sorry it offends many of the favorites. I’ve seen it time and time again so I know it’s not an isolated practice. The culture breeds this now and it will never change. Managers simply have no intention to be fair except to those that break the rules by falsifying delivery codes (ie) and making them look good in other unethical ways. What corporate doesn’t know won’t hurt them is their philosophy.

Last edited:
The phrase “blissfully ignorant” comes to mind, when the subject is Saia management. Not an insult necessarily, but reality nonetheless.

I enjoy when Phil Mott comes to our place and blows smoke up my as# expecting me to believe that he wants me to play company cheerleader. Tells us how bad YRC is after he brought his entire team over from there! Or Maybe they're the reason yrc was In the crapper for so many years

I enjoy when Phil Mott comes to our place and blows smoke up my as# expecting me to believe that he wants me to play company cheerleader. Tells us how bad YRC is after he brought his entire team over from there! Or Maybe they're the reason yrc was In the crapper for so many years

moE8Vvg.jpg