SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

The company could care-less about the driver as long as the freight is moving...… nothing will change until the top management moves on (retires, resigns, or terminated ) in Atlanta.
Nothing changes until you make changes.If I have to explain my self you don’t and won’t get it.One word says it all.

Pay is great here but life is more than about money..... At least for me. Management is corrupt here and a bunch of backstabbing supervisors that actually enjoy doing it. No accountability here whatsoever. I got tired of selling my soul to the devil. I wanted my soul back. So I retired. Best decision I ever made.
Let me be clear here. It’s the utilization of the cameras that I’m talking about. I’m all around the state of Texas and I talk with many drivers from different terminals in this state. Can’t speak about other states, only Texas. It’s the same story. One man will be terminated while another one skates for the same offense. Favoritism runs rampant here. You would think that once precedent has been set with one employee that from a legal standpoint they would be consistent. But no, that’s where the illegal and evil behavior of safety starts. They manipulate the system and save what they want and discard the rest. DriveCam is selective and they use it as a weapon. They can deny it all they want but the fact remains they are using this system as a disciplinary tool on selected employees. Many of the ones that skate probably aren’t even aware of it because their jobs aren’t affected. Strangely enough they really don’t need to weaponize DriveCam because SAIA’s employees are hired at will. They really don’t need a reason to terminate anyone. Very odd! IMO.:confused1:

Let me be clear here. It’s the utilization of the cameras that I’m talking about. I’m all around the state of Texas and I talk with many drivers from different terminals in this state. Can’t speak about other states, only Texas. It’s the same story. One man will be terminated while another one skates for the same offense. Favoritism runs rampant here. You would think that once precedent has been set with one employee that from a legal standpoint they would be consistent. But no, that’s where the illegal and evil behavior of safety starts. They manipulate the system and save what they want and discard the rest. DriveCam is selective and they use it as a weapon. They can deny it all they want but the fact remains they are using this system as a disciplinary tool on selected employees. Many of the ones that skate probably aren’t even aware of it because their jobs aren’t affected. Strangely enough they really don’t need to weaponize DriveCam because SAIA’s employees are hired at will. They really don’t need a reason to terminate anyone. Very odd! IMO.:confused1:

I have (quietly) disagreed with A TON of your opinions on t.b. This particular post could not be more truthful! It was well worded and 100% correct.
Thank you Mr.train.

I've been retired a little over a year.
I've seen and been through 32 years of that crap.
It's all in the past.
Outta sight outta mind.
Both ways.
I'm sorry. But I don't give a ::shit:: what happens where I came from.
I put in my time. Did my best. I'm done. I've got what's left of my life left.
It's mine. Nothing to do with "them".

I went through 45 years in LTL so maybe that’s why it’s taking me a bit longer to forget. This company buys people’s loyalty because they pay so well. So many ass kissers here that backstab fellow drivers all in the name of the all mighty dollar. Sadly, this was once a great company with a wonderful culture. It’s all been corrupted by mostly mid-level management with no accountability. Regional managers are the biggest problems with a few underlings thrown in for good measure.

I've been retired a little over a year.
It's all in the past.
Outta sight outta mind.
Both ways.
I'm sorry. But I don't give a :::shit::: what happens where I came from.
I put in my time. Did my best. I'm done. I've got what's left of my life left.
It's mine. Nothing to do with "them".

Bad attitude, since you and Train retired, they have added new LED lights on all docks, placed flashing warning lights on all stop signs in Texas. shame on you two.

Have had some trucks quarantined. That’s a statement, not a question. You might get with upper level management and ask for the real facts and the truth for a change.

Bad attitude, since you and Train retired, they have added new LED lights on all docks, placed flashing warning lights on all stop signs in Texas. shame on you two.
I was working on forgetting months and months before I retired.
I had so week upon week of vacation time built up plus personal days I know I didn't work a full 5 day workweek in the last year I was there.
In that time I was on my way to forgetting and the days off I was preparing for retirement. Moving. Downsizing for retirement.
It worked. Taking the time. While Kinda working.
We have to understand that the company doesn't care once your gone. So I didn't care knowing I would be gone and preparing to be gone. I had no guilt about.it.
I worked my ass off in the time I was there. Minus the last few years. Don't get me wrong. Any day I went in I worked. Maybe not 100 percent towards the end. But I was tired of it. The gloss of it was gone. Secure retirement was gone. Place is (was) a mess and no matter what I did or said had no effect on changing anything. So by that time ya just give up because everything we had... had just been trashed.
I was in Central States. I took the cuts and left. Let the young guys and women have it. Or what was left.
So. Dim or bright lights it is theirs.
We have been self distancing for well over a year now. And it's not bad.
It's great being out of the rat race. I consider myself fortunate to be out of it.
Last of the dinosaurs.
It's not a bad attitude.
I never had a bad attitude at work. If something or someone needed help I helped.
I was one who did my job and don't contribute to the bs there.
And now. None of it matters. And that is the point I don't care anymore.
I've only been gone a short time and it's like it never happened.
In my mind. My body says otherwise. Lol.
So I paid my dues and can move on now. Say what I want. Feel what I feel.
And it still doesn't matter but to me.
Good luck to all still in any LTL company.
:17142:
:1036316054:

Have had some trucks quarantined. That’s a statement, not a question. You might get with upper level management and ask for the real facts and the truth for a change.
Have hand sanitizers been provided at every terminal and for every driver on the streets. They are at corporate in the ivory tower for the leadership team. Seen a truck all taped off from a driver that contracted the coronavirus. Take care of yourselves because the company isn’t giving you nothing but lip service while they sit in the ivory tower safe and sound. Know your place! You are an expendable asset. Nothing more than a commodity on the stock exchange. And not one with a high value of trade.

Last edited:
Have hand sanitizers been provided at every terminal and for every driver on the streets. They are at corporate in the ivory tower for the leadership team. Seen a truck all taped off from a driver that contracted the coronavirus. Take care of yourselves because the company isn’t giving you nothing but lip service while they sit in the ivory tower safe and sound. Know your place! You are an expendable asset. Nothing more than a commodity on the stock exchange. And not one with a high value of trade.
Sanitizers, hahahaha, that's funny! Last week, our terminal didn't have any hand soap of any kind for at least 3 days. When we finally got some, then there was no towels to dry your hand, that for at least 4 days. This Coronavirus stuff may appear to be taken seriously, but reality trumps written company statements, which were probably made for legal reasons. We care........sure! Protect yourself at all times.

Sanitizers, hahahaha, that's funny! Last week, our terminal didn't have any hand soap of any kind for at least 3 days. When we finally got some, then there was no towels to dry your hand, that for at least 4 days. This Coronavirus stuff may appear to be taken seriously, but reality trumps written company statements, which were probably made for legal reasons. We care........sure! Protect yourself at all times.
You folks should be taking all necessary precautions. If your company can’t provide the basics for hand washing and sanitation, that needs to be reported immediately to the proper authorities. Employers have a responsibility. If they can’t fulfill those responsibilities, then they need to stop operations. These are unprecedented times. It’s a pandemic. If they can’t protect you, then they are accountable. Is irresponsible and reprehensible to say the least. It’s illegal to say the most. Demand soap, sanitizer, TP, and a regimented schedule of disinfecting common areas and shared equipment. If they can’t meet those protocols, don’t hesitate to report them. The law is on your side. Please be safe

You folks should be taking all necessary precautions. If your company can’t provide the basics for hand washing and sanitation, that needs to be reported immediately to the proper authorities. Employers have a responsibility. If they can’t fulfill those responsibilities, then they need to stop operations. These are unprecedented times. It’s a pandemic. If they can’t protect you, then they are accountable. Is irresponsible and reprehensible to say the least. It’s illegal to say the most. Demand soap, sanitizer, TP, and a regimented schedule of disinfecting common areas and shared equipment. If they can’t meet those protocols, don’t hesitate to report them. The law is on your side. Please be safe
Yes, drivers please be safe. If your company isn’t taking this serious then it’s your responsibility to protect yourself. Your family needs you and this virus hits every age group. You come in contact with multiple people and you just never know. Don’t let customers use your pen and sanitize everything you touch as much as possible. If you touch restroom handles please use a sanitizer afterwards. Better still use a paper towel and don’t touch them at all. It’s a whole new world guys. Don’t forget that because it could save your life.

Last edited:

It's illegal for a workplace to not supply hand soap sanitizer? Please specify the law that states this. Trucking companies arent food preparation areas or medical facilities. I'm nearly positive it isnt in the law.

End of the day, take responsibility for.yourself. Carry your own sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to clean your truck.

Companies being careless if an employee who is forced / threatened to come to work gets infected thats a workmans comp claim

It's illegal for a workplace to not supply hand soap sanitizer? Please specify the law that states this. Trucking companies arent food preparation areas or medical facilities. I'm nearly positive it isnt in the law.

End of the day, take responsibility for.yourself. Carry your own sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to clean your truck.

I am an employer. There are guidelines set forth by OSHA and other gov’t agencies requiring a safe and clean workplace including a stocked and functioning bathroom facility. If that isn’t present, it’s a failure on management. Period. It is not the responsibility of the employee to have TP, soap/sanitizer, etc. Think about your argument: would you pay for diesel out of your own pocket? Would you purchase and maintain a pallet jack, hand cart, or forklift? No. Again those are company requirements

Well I’m not relying on saia’s gang of misfits to protect me, it’s all for legalities for them like everything else. Anyone here more than 3 months ought to see through their smoke by now.

I wonder...will your CEO refuse to take a salary or allow you to have layoffs? If things keep up like they are or get worse, you could have a repeat of 2008. Hope you e all saved some $$$

The entire crew stops working until supplied with towels, soap, gloves, hand, etc & management will set a new world record in responding to their help. Nothing, but nothing gets the attention of company management faster than effecting their revenue stream. Or, start using the restrooms the boss does. Bring you germs to their work area. von.

The entire crew stops working until supplied with towels, soap, gloves, hand, etc & management will set a new world record in responding to their help. Nothing, but nothing gets the attention of company management faster than effecting their revenue stream. Or, start using the restrooms the boss does. Bring you germs to their work area. von.
They got no balls!!!!!!! :732:There Non Union,:duh:Work stoppages :lmao: Even if they report them to OSHA,Some might get infected and bring it home to there entire families.:idunno:But never would the company be at fault.For not having a sanitary work place.:heykoolaid: