SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

The entire crew stops working until supplied with towels, soap, gloves, hand, etc & management will set a new world record in responding to their help. Nothing, but nothing gets the attention of company management faster than effecting their revenue stream. Or, start using the restrooms the boss does. Bring you germs to their work area. von.
We can and could do this ! They can not and won’t do anything.

They got no balls!!!!!!! :732:There Non Union,:duh:Work stoppages :lmao: Even if they report them to OSHA,Some might get infected and bring it home to there entire families.:idunno:But never would the company be at fault.For not having a sanitary work place.:heykoolaid:
Forget union or not. If your entire work force of your company walks off the job & stays off until you supply gloves & masks, are you gonna look for new help or get them what they are asking for? Now we both know that is not likely. But, if that happened & your income & profits dropped to 0 would you spend a little to keep that income & profit? von.

Forget union or not. If your entire work force of your company walks off the job & stays off until you supply gloves & masks, are you gonna look for new help or get them what they are asking for? Now we both know that is not likely. But, if that happened & your income & profits dropped to 0 would you spend a little to keep that income & profit? von.
That takes effort!!!.The younger generation won’t sacrifice for any one or anything,Lots of talk ,But definitely no actions.Too busy spending and not saving.They live pay check to paycheck.

Young people don’t want to sacrifice.How many times did you unload and sort and segregate a 40,000 pound load on the floor for a days pay.
It’s a different world today. The younger generation has different motivators and ideals/goals for what they would phrase as “success”. This is prevalent in trucking too. More companies that were traditionally scheduling drivers out for weeks at a time are now shifting to a different model. It’s kinda interesting really. Companies are learning to adapt to employees, rather than the opposite.

That takes effort!!!.The younger generation won’t sacrifice for any one or anything,Lots of talk ,But definitely no actions.Too busy spending and not saving.They live pay check to paycheck.

I'm afraid if this virus thing lasts much longer, you're going to see a lot of foreclosures and vehicles on the repo lots.

It’s a different world today. The younger generation has different motivators and ideals/goals for what they would phrase as “success”. This is prevalent in trucking too. More companies that were traditionally scheduling drivers out for weeks at a time are now shifting to a different model. It’s kinda interesting really. Companies are learning to adapt to employees, rather than the opposite.
If your parents lived through the depression like mine did .It takes tough people to ride out tough times.Are you tough enough.My best to your family in these tough times.

Young people don’t want to sacrifice.How many times did you unload and sort and segregate a 40,000 pound load on the floor for a days pay.
Before I ever drove a semi I started in this business as a lumper & Household Goods helper @ 16. Back then the rate was a dollar a thousand. About any load from Proctor & Gamble 42,000 on the floor. National Carriers load Scots Fertilizer 44,000. Mattoon, IL Lenders Bagels 1700 frozen cases on the floor. 44,000 Kal Kan dog food on the floor Mattoon, IL. Franklin, IN Kawneer extruded aluminum 100 20ft pieces on the floor. ANY load going to Lion King or Sysco Foods all on the floor. Barred from Sysco. I refused to do their sort and segregate work. My company @ the time, CLM out of Indy pulled me off the city board & said I had to work the road or quit. Best promotion I ever had. Amazingly, all the road loads had a set price for lumping. Just call for the comcheck #. von.

Last edited:
Before I ever drove a semi I started in this business as a lumper & Household Goods helper @ 16. Back then the rate was a dollar a thousand. About any load from Proctor & Gamble 42,000 on the floor. National Carriers load Scots Fertilizer 44,000. Mattoon, IL Lenders Bagels 1700 frozen cases on the floor. 44,000 Kal Kan dog food on the floor Mattoon, IL. Franklin, IN Kawneer extruded aluminum 100 20ft pieces on the floor. ANY load going to Lion King or Sysco Foods all on the floor. Barred from Sysco. I refused to do their sort and segregate work. My company @ the time, CLM out of Indy pulled me off the city board & said I had to work the road or quit. Best promotion I ever had. Amazingly, all the road loads had a set price for lumping. Just call for the comcheck #. von.
The good old days, When Liquid lunches :guinesssmilie:were tolerated but not allowed.:hilarious:

I didn’t sort and seg. We don’t have those accounts here. I unloaded and entire 53 of pallets of 50lbs bags of hydroponic soil in July on a farm in under an hour. Don’t go condescending on me roadboss. You aren’t the only one who has to work

I didn’t sort and seg. We don’t have those accounts here. I unloaded and entire 53 of pallets of 50lbs bags of hydroponic soil in July on a farm in under an hour. Don’t go condescending on me roadboss. You aren’t the only one who has to work
Wow first time or last time.:bowdown:No condensation here .Try that with lamp black next time.:grin:

Kwaneer ,was just as bad as wire mold or Gilbert and Bennett .When you got a slip sheet load you were guaranteed a days pay plus leakage:hilarious:

I hope you aren’t the face of IBT. You will not win ppl over to support your pension payments while being such an unfriendly unlikeable character
You young will never have a defined benefit plan ,You think you can do better, with a 401k ,Good luck.I don’t have Central States as my pension plan.Mine is critical ,Under 65% .but not by much.Our union and employer trustees are on top of things .I should know.:coffee1:

You guys wouldn't know about hard work.
I was worked like a borrowed mule my entire career
I can recall driving almost 400 miles a time or two without a nap.
You can count on one hand, the times I actually touched a piece of freight in 35 yrs.
After being retired 30 yrs, I'm still tired, waiting in my recliner for mama to bring me another beer.

You guys wouldn't know about hard work.
I was worked like a borrowed mule my entire career
I can recall driving almost 400 miles a time or two without a nap.
You can count on one hand, the times I actually touched a piece of freight in 35 yrs.
After being retired 30 yrs, I'm still tired, waiting in my recliner for mama to bring me another beer.

you trying to say it ain’t no Lazy boy recliner you old jackass!